Photo

Question Time with Nmaan

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time with Nmaan (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we question next?

1. VegaKotes (7 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

2. Godpachi (12 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

3. Satoshi (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

4. Gnag (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

5. Donten (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

6. -JustMyself- (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

7. taichi (9 votes [5.81%])

Percentage of vote: 5.81%

8. ANewLight (6 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

9. Kilgore_troute (5 votes [3.23%])

10. Sangre de la Rosa (5 votes [3.23%])

11. ShinRyuu (2 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

12. disastrousmaster (13 votes [8.39%])

Percentage of vote: 8.39%

13. Scorpion2k4u (6 votes [3.87%])

14. Hooded Crow (5 votes [3.23%])

15. Markmus (4 votes [2.58%])

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

16. ishxallxgood (6 votes [3.87%])

17. Relinquisher (10 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

18. Insane Soul (18 votes [11.61%])

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

19. Nemrut (7 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

20. Liar (6 votes [3.87%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Spoiler

• Nmaan likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#22 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Nmaan secretly likes Eneru. And he also has a "chill-at-home" zombie plan. :aww:

1) Favorite books? (I realize you've been asked this question, so now you can tell us about your favorite non-speculative fiction.)

2) You enjoy comic books, right? What would you recommend as a must-read to someone who isn't that familiar with comics and why?

3) Video games you hate and love?

4) Would you be okay with eating a cow that instinctively wants to be eaten and could communicate this desire intelligently to you, or a cow that couldn't communicate such a desire and presumably has no instinct to be eaten?

5) Do you think "The Cow that Couldn't" would be an interesting title for my next (imaginary) masterpiece? (random question)

6) To what degree are you faithful?

7) First and current impressions of me? 

Naturally, pick the first five if you haven't got time. Answer the last one only if you're going to slather me in praise. 

Also,

8) What do you think about people asking for impressions? 

Edited by Tale, 11 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.

• DaEvilWithin and Nmaan like this

#23 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

So I'm slacking off work today and I present to you round 3, this is about the time you'd start to slow down, you'd be a little bruised and tired, but confident you can see this through to the end.

I guess I'll post some of Frosty's questions since M1hawk didn't this time...

Spoiler Kid Frost's Q's

Now for mine...

1. Which field of applied science do you see being the most influential to humanity over the next century and what advances do you realistically expect to take place in that field?

2. Is there anything currently illegal that you think should be legal or vice versa? If so what are they?

3. Since you're a big fan of philosophy what are your favorite branches of philosophy and what are your basic views for each branch?

4. Who are your favorite philosophers and also favorite polymaths assuming they're not the same people as the former?

5. What is one lesson in life you've had to learn the hard way?

6. Do you follow or watch basketball at all or is it just a recreational sport to you?

7. Since I don't know the first thing about the sport, what is your favorite part about cricket that makes it fun to play?

8. If you could only read literature from one genre for the rest of your life which would you choose?

9. How much of a person's personality and temperament do you think is determined by their enviornment (ie. culture, state, or familial influences) and how much is determined by their biological makeup (ie. genetics, neurobiological structure, etc.) and what do you make of the phenomena that may be a combination of both (ie. epigentics or brain plasticity)?

10. How do you think the world will be different 300 years from now?

KF's Qs

1) Hmm I enjoyed my trips to Morocco Turkey and Spain, and the snowshoeing trip in the Pyrenees. Well I guess it's a toss up between Spain at the end of A-levels and the snowshoeing trip which was 11 days of awesome. But technically I turned 18 during the Spain trip so on a technicality the snowshoeing trip at age 12.

2) I guess one of my best memories is when I was given the all clear from the Big C, not so much for my own sake but for the sheer relief and joy on my family's and in particular parents' faces. Another couple would be when I found out I'd got a scholarship to my secondary school and following that when I made captain of Basketball and Cricket 1st teams.

3) Ahh such a cruel question. I love meat and fish dishes traditional dishes and also things like steak. I also have a massive sweet tooth so I love desserts of all varieties and hues. To be honest there are only a few things I can't/won't eat, cauliflower and boiled eggs topping the list. I have a very sensitive sense of smell and those two foods just set me off.

4) McMillan Nurses no doubt.

5) Hmmm what if I told you I had no demonstrable talent? I mean I can do a couple of tricks with a basketball, I can sing a bit and I'm pretty good at memory games (like Simon for example). Nothing outstanding for a talent show though.

6) I have a few fears and they're grouped in certain categories. So there are what I call my practical fears which boil down to heights (in addition to the standard fear whenever I'm up high I have an inexplicable urge to jump) and mild claustrophobia. Stick me in the window seat of a long haul flight and you'll earn my eternal enmity. Next set is do with my relationship to other people. I sometimes worry that I won't meet everyone's expectations of me and I'll let them down somehow, and finally there's the fear that one day I'll lose control if that happens I'll be very dangerous. To put it into context as young kid I used to be pretty angry at all the crap I had to put up with I was bitter due to the perceived unfairness I felt. So there were times when the slightest thing could set me off. However I took up boxing as a way to channel all that anger and I even took up mediation for a while until I grew into the calm young feller I am today :P. That said these days I'm much bigger stronger and smarter than I was, so I'm potentially much more dangerous should there come a point where I'm no longer in control.

7) Fictional Couples Vegeta and Bulma always make me laugh. There are more but I can't think of them right now. Apologies.

Candles' Qs

1) Well biotech/nanotech will most likely become one of if not the most important areas. Biotech because we're an growing aging population, that is going to come across a far greater number of diseases than ever before and we'll also find far more resistant disease meaning traditional medication will become increasingly outclassed. Nanotech in my opinion will be a driver in terraforming (i.e. transforming desert land into arable land) though I can't see this happening very soon. This might well be the single most important thing that technology can do for us, as it will help to prevent wars due to food/land/water shortages and it will give us more room to expand into. The crossover of nano and biotech has massive potential benefits, the caveat of course being the risks are equally great.

2) Personally I think all drugs should either be legal or illegal, by all drugs I'm including things nicotine/tobacco and alcohol. There's no argument that you can use against recreational drugs that can't be used against alcohol. Further if all drugs were legal there would likely be regulation and revenue to help deal with the problems instead of it coming straight from our pockets.

I think nuclear weapons should be illegal on a global scale, not country A can have them but country B can't. No country or organisation should have that kind of capacity. 

Again there are probably more that I haven't got to but I can only slack so much. If I remember I'll come back to this later.

3) I like utilitarianism (the most "good" for the most amount of people) however the only issue is that this can lead to tyranny of the minority by the majority. Aristotelian natural ethics and virtues (side note Aristotle didn't consider patience a virtue) are quite interesting too and even though it's one of the oldest systems most people would still generally agree with the majority of the principles put forward. Other than that I'm a fan of people determining there own path and their own philosophies, as long as they don't cause harm to others, because no system put forward by one man is going to be perfect for another.

4) Aristotle Kant Bentham. Da Vinci, Ibn Sina, Averroes, Geber, Newton and Gallileo. To be clear I consider Michelangelo an eminently talented man but not a polymath.

5) Life isn't fair. Suck it up and move on. Though it often feels I've had to learn this far too often xD

6) I watch it as and when I can, but thanks to timezone difference I rarely get the chance to. I do follow it as best as I can. That said I play it far more than I watch/follow it.

7) Cricket when you're a bowler/batter (or if you're an all rounder like yours truly) is at once an individual sport and a team competition. When you're bowling to the batter nobody else matters it's just you and him, similarly when you're a batter only the bowler is important, where is he going to bowl how much swing/spin/pace is going to be on the ball. But at the same time you're doing your best for the team. Then when you're fielding everything you're doing is for the  benefit of your team.

Don't get me wrong test matches can get dull (even 50 overs can drag) but if you keep it ticking over at a decent pace it's a huge workout and a lot of fun. Plus it's a gentleman's game.

8) Urban Fantasy

9) Nature vs Nurture is a classic argument and honestly there's no ethical way of determining the exact influence of one or the other. However there's a good deal of evidence suggesting that both play a large part, i.e. one can have certain tendencies but your environment can determine whether these are brought to the surface or remain low lying. Personally I can't see beyond both having a large influence.

10) 300 from now I hope that the world will still be ticking, for me there are two ways this can go. 1) each nation becomes more and more insular as a result of the problems in the world or 2) we get genuinely close to one open society. In terms of technology I think there'll be a bust in around 50-100 years and then a lull for a while. If climate is legitimate (and all the evidence so far says it is) and we do nothing about it I can imagine there being a lot of problems with erratic weather and what not.

1. Why do you hate me? Its because of zet isn't it?

1) I think you're labouring under a misapprehension my friend I don't hate you at all. Quite the contrary in fact :P.

1. Seeing as everyone asks it, why not: first and current impressions if any of me? 

2. A memory from childhood you really liked?

3. Underated gem in a media you'd like to get more recognition?

4. What is the meaning behind/how did you come up with your username?

5. Ice cream or cake which is superior?

1) Well Spamamdorf I'm not going to lie to you I barely know you, my first and current impressions are therefore for all intents and purposes identical. You seem fun and likable enough  and generally your posts make me smile at least so all in all positive impressions.

2) I've kind of answered this before but another would be when I first learnt how to ride a bike, for years I'd convinced myself I couldn't do it until my dad finally got fed up and just let go.

3) Hmm Seiken Densetsu 3 for the SNES, it's awesome multiple characters multiple story lines different classes at the time ground breaking graphics/music and a nifty combat system.

4) Basically I'm lazy, my username is my real name with 1 letter missing, can you guess what it is yet?

5) Cake for the simple fact it can be eaten in all weather, however for sheer enjoyment Ice cream.

Spoiler

1) I haven't cried since I was a wee nipper around 6 or so (about 16 years ago). However I do feel a throb of emotion when I read well written scenes can't bring something specific to mind right now though.

2) Well as I've mentioned I'm very anti nuclear weapons, tbh I'm very much in favour of weapon control in general as well which doesn't always make me the most popular kid on the block.

3) I don't know, I've got a few things with sentimental value, a teddy from when I was a child a ring I got as a gift I got from a friend 6 years ago (I'm not even a ring person really). But otherwise if it's allowed it'd be my book collection :).

4) Aye I'm blessed/cursed with one older and one younger sibling. My older brother is brilliant but unfocused tbh it breaks my heart because he's such a waste of talent, anything I can be he could easily be too. My younger brother is a giant, a little bit dopey but also very intelligent has a few anger issues but he's a good kid. All three of us are massive readers/gamers. It's quite hard to sum them up but really the three of us are very different  but we work very well together. That said though when we were growing up we got into huge fights constantly now that's not really an issue.

5) Hmmm I'd say materials science or biochemistry because there's so much that they can offer the world if applied correctly

6) I guess Zanpaktou since they supposedly reflect your inner workings and hopefully I'd wind up with mind control abilities or something. Plus you get a snazzy sword.

7) I picked up stubbornness, when I'm right from my dad and I picked up my huge appetite from my mom/my mom's side of the family. I honestly easily eat enough per day for 2.

8) When I was a kid and sick my dad went and bought me the Sega Master System the Sega Mega Drive and the Super Nintendo, and honestly from there I never looked back. My favourite console would have be the SNES because it's what got me into gaming and it has such an amazing library of games. Chrono trigger Super Mario RPG, Seiken Densetu 3, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

9) Hmm Bleach I don't know if I have a favourite character, at a push I'd probably Grimmjow, my favourite arcs are HM and surprisingly enough the fulbring arc. 

Naruto Kakashi is the man and I guess Chuunin Exam Arc.

One Piece Garp and my two favourite arcs are TB and MF (sorry I'm cheating but that's the way it is).

10) Ahh well I guess what's most misunderstood isn't so much to do with the religion as the followers of the religion. I mean ask 10 average men on the street what a muslim is and you'll get 22 different answers. See I'm just me, I don't drink I don't smoke I believe in God and I'm (hopefully) a good person. But most people only see the extremes (both ends) and think that's what all muslims are like, or they have a very blurred concept of what muslims are. That's partially the media's fault and partially the fault of muslims because we don't do enough to show people what we're really like you know?

11) I'm not sure, people tend to like my smile and my sense of humour (I'd say personality in general but that's both broad and a wee bit arrogant no?). To be perfectly honest I'm not wildly inundated with compliments 

• Strawhats, Peleihno, azer_moli and 4 others like this

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

#24 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

That's why I added the "if any" :hai: because I had a feeling you might not, as for your name I've got no clue, no names close to yours are coming up in my head :shrug:

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#25 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Nmaan secretly likes Eneru. And he also has a "chill-at-home" zombie plan. :aww:

1) Favorite books? (I realize you've been asked this question, so now you can tell us about your favorite non-speculative fiction.)

2) You enjoy comic books, right? What would you recommend as a must-read to someone who isn't that familiar with comics and why?

3) Video games you hate and love?

4) Would you be okay with eating a cow that instinctively wants to be eaten and could communicate this desire intelligently to you, or a cow that couldn't communicate such a desire and presumably has no instinct to be eaten?

5) Do you think "The Cow that Couldn't" would be an interesting title for my next (imaginary) masterpiece? (random question)

6) To what degree are you faithful?

7) First and current impressions of me? 

Naturally, pick the first five if you haven't got time. Answer the last one only if you're going to slather me in praise. 

Also,

8) What do you think about people asking for impressions? 

1) Well recently I read The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and honestly it's one of my favourite books right now. I'm also a fan of the Alchemist and a quirky little book called beta male.

2) It depends. I always recommend deadpool because he's insane hilarious dark heroic twisted and just so multi faceted. But to get into comics I'd probably say spiderman/x-men from Marvel and JL/Batman for DC. I'd also tell people to read The Phantom Stranger because he's just so awesome.

3) I hated daikatana and a game called sacrifice it just sucks trust me waste of time and money and emotional investment :P. I love so many games I've given a selection before but I also enjoy FF games Fire Emblem Devil May Cry and the odd sports game too.

4) I'd have no compunction in eating either, but honestly it's a moo point (throwback to the pun question there) because I'm not a huge fan of beef.

5) Yes, just from the title I could see 3 ways the story could go, 1 of which has nothing at all to do with cows.

6) To God or to people? In both cases highly to be honest. I couldn't break faith with people and I genuinely do believe in a higher power.

7) First: Ahh an Enel fan, now is he a crazy or a sane one, hmm decent poster

Current: Intelligent and articulate poster capable of holding your own on damn near any topic and you're a nice guy too. So you're aces in my book

8) I dunno it sometimes seems like people want/need reassurance or alternatively are genuinely curious how people see them, and I don't really get either position. Or maybe they're just lazy and want to fill questions up either way who am I to judge.

That's why I added the "if any" :hai: because I had a feeling you might not, as for your name I've got no clue, no names close to yours are coming up in my head :shrug:

Awwh there there. If it helps it's not a Western name, it's a vowel that's missing and that's all you're getting for now :P

• Strawhats, m1hawkgsm, Hadz-x and 3 others like this

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

Number 2

#26 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

other than my good looks, wit, and Charm what else do you love about me?

would you rather deal with someone with low self esteem or a vain person?

most expensive thing you've ever lost?

you and Fullbody are trapped on a desert island what is the first thing you do?(also Fullbody doesn't have access to his hax powers)

are you coming to my wedding?

Edited by ddboy102, 11 June 2013 - 03:17 PM.

• Nmaan likes this

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users