681 replies to this topic

#41 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

I can't even remember anymore. I don't know if thats a bad sign for me or the manga.

yes the Noah of corrosion was going to do something to him.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#42 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationTangled up in Doflamingo's Strings ♥

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Wasn't he being tortured by the Noah?

I can't even remember anymore. I don't know if thats a bad sign for me or the manga.

Yea..... actually I can't remember now.... either one would make sense I suppose.....

But perhaps you're right, perhaps it was the noah... D:

tag made by me
Bepo_Law_Tag_zps4gscrahz.png

#43 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Locationthe super attic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

yes the Noah of corrosion was going to do something to him.

Thank you

I should probably re read a bit now I guess I'll get around to it when the next chapter comes out and I have no clue whats going on.

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#44 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Sounds like it's time for me to reread this again too.  Just don't want to start from the beginning cuz I'll start crying due to how the story deviated so much.... D:

At times I feel like 3 different mangakas are writing this thing.

tag made by me

#45 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I remember everything because I just started reading this about a month ago, and finished about a week back. :)

#46 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Sounds like it's time for me to reread this again too.  Just don't want to start from the beginning cuz I'll start crying due to how the story deviated so much.... D:

At times I feel like 3 different mangakas are writing this thing.

I'm going to reread starting a bit before the Alma Karma arc.

I've been reading this for years but I never felt that way. Care to go in more depth?

I remember everything because I just started reading this about a month ago, and finished about a week back. :)

Well good for you :)

Posted Image

#47 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

I think it's the opposite actually. It was more about random missions and individual characters in the beginning, while the main story ran into the background. Now it's all connected and centered around the main characters only: Earl, Allen (a.k.a. 14th), Central, and probably Cross. 

#48 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I just want to see someone kill that weird Noah with the tongue. 

A. He's ugly

B. He hurt beefcake Chaozi 

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#49 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think it's the opposite actually. It was more about random missions and individual characters in the beginning, while the main story ran into the background. Now it's all connected and centered around the main characters only: Earl, Allen (a.k.a. 14th), Central, and probably Cross. 

I guess she means it went from finding exorcists to inner workings of the church but for me it felt very natural as they moved up in the organization and I never had a problem with it. I have heard a lot of the same thing from different people though.

Posted Image

#50 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well yes and no. I mean the way the story was told (not to memtion the artwork) went through various phases. I loved the individual team missions... Finding Cross, Kanda showing off his badassery... The ark acr imo was the turning point. After that arc it went off into a random direction with the Noah and then the monstosity that was the Timmothy arc in terms of both art and story. (i skipped over ghost/zombie Krory cuz it was kinda amusing). But yea whatever happened to Helvatica (or however you spell her name don't feel like looking it up), who's been matching innocence to people? That whole story line just dissappeared. Any back to Tim arc, fucking retarded, was seriously gonna drop tje series due to that arc. And then the Noahs were attacking various places in the world and then they suddenly were not cuz of the north america branch due to the whole alma thing. And another art change.

Anyway you kinda get whay I'm saying right?
  • fatestitcher likes this

tag made by me

#51 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

yeah I do get it the story went a bit crazy. I never really thought about how stupid the Tim shit was before which is strange. And after that I did enjoy the alma arc because it gave a ton of depth to Kanda.  I also disliked how many level 4s suddenly were appearing and how they all looked exactly the same. I was never a fan of the art changes either.

The Krory-zombie thing was funny, it did come off as fillerish to me but I enjoyed it too.

All and all it doesn't seem that hard fix this manga. It seems like its already going in a good direction

Posted Image

#52 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I get your point. The story is incoherent at many places. But they had to move beyond search missions and converge into the main plot. It had a lighter tone back then, but now shit got real.

#53 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yea I get that they had to move beyond individual missions, but it kinda seems like suddenly nobody cares about innocence.

I hope Allen dies and the 14th takes over for real so Kanda can go stabby stabby on him :)

tag made by me

#54 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Need more female Noahs! 

LOL I kinda like Allen x Leenale more... but sure what ever floats your boats...... 

/am totally indifferent to anything involving Allen...

I WANT MOAR TYKI!!!!!!

I'm in for Leenale x Kanda

Yea I get that they had to move beyond individual missions, but it kinda seems like suddenly nobody cares about innocence.

I hope Allen dies and the 14th takes over for real so Kanda can go stabby stabby on him :)

Haha

#55 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I think it was mentioned in the beginning that there are 100-something fragments of innocence. Some of them are being used by the remaining exorcists, while some have been destroyed already. When General Yeegar was killed, he was carrying several innocences with him, and all were destroyed. So like that, I'm guessing it is implied without stating that there are none left anymore. 

#56 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

There has to be more left or else the heart is attached to someone at the order already.

I figure they care more about protecting the exorcists then anything else with the small amount of innocence left because it is much harder to match a person to innocence with limited options.

But seriously Allen needs to stick around more.

Posted Image

#57 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

The level 4 thing was predictable. Did you notice that there were only set classes of level 3s and all of the level 3s looked almost identical within those classes? Though there is a bit of variance between the level 4s.

IMO, the birth of a level 4 was almost the best thing in any manga I've read. The creepy pregnancy and the ridiculously overpowered-ness set a great mood. Then Lenalee's new boots :hrrrgnnnng:

The character designs got much better after the level 4 showed up.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#58 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Which is curious imo cuz the order's been around for a hundred some odd years fighting the noah yet the akuma NEVER evolved before Allen got there. So was the earl waiting for Allen to show up before stepping up his game? It's like once Allen shows up, boom first mission akuma levels up. Couple a months later another level up... and again Allen was involved... so it begs the question, maybe it's the 14th causing the level ups?

Though I like it cuz Kanda was the only non general at the time to keep up. <3

tag made by me

#59 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

The level 4 thing was predictable. Did you notice that there were only set classes of level 3s and all of the level 3s looked almost identical within those classes? Though there is a bit of variance between the level 4s.

IMO, the birth of a level 4 was almost the best thing in any manga I've read. The creepy pregnancy and the ridiculously overpowered-ness set a great mood. Then Lenalee's new boots :hrrrgnnnng:

I found the most unique monster, would be level 2's. 3 and 4 look almost basically the same.

Though corny as level 4's are, they're dreadfully scary.

#60 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

What are you kidding me? She murdered the Noah design after the Timmothy arc. Definitely a WTF moment when they showed up in those weird white matching costume things.... gawd,classy Tyki Mikk intails and a top hat much hotter. Even undercover bum Tyki was hotter than the mess that is his current character design. Though Leenale did get hotter, so I'll give you that.

tag made by me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users