#21 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

I noticed that Funimation will often correct or change something midway if feel the need to.

I'm glad they feel the liberty to adjust lines to what fits the scene. For the most part, I've trusted their judgement in English anime production.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#22 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I don't get why they changed Juvia talking in the third person, that is part of her character, it is still in the english version of the manga. Yet in other dubs for people talk in the third person they keep like a character in the Eureka Seven: Ao dub.

#23 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

I remember debating on whether or not I liked Juvia in dub or sub better and that was one of the reasons. But I've come to realize that I actually don't like her talking in the third person :/

#24 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I honestly don't mind either. Brina Palencia is just too adorable, and Mai Nakahara showcased an incredible vocal range. Far better than her performance in Clannad.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#25 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

So, Funimation has announced some of the dub cast for the movie:

http://www.funimatio...iestess/7889464

Éclair – Jessica Calvello
Momon – Tiffany Grant
Cream – Scott Zenreich

Dyst has apparently been IDed as well:

Dyst: Taliesin Jaffe

also announced:

Pantherlily: Rick Keeling

Here's the youtube link to the dub trailer:

Edited by Krono, 14 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#26 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

So they are going to release the movie before they dub the rest of the series. At the very least dub the next arc that introducing Panther Lily before that. Okay whatever.

#27 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

So they are going to release the movie before they dub the rest of the series. At the very least dub the next arc that introducing Panther Lily before that. Okay whatever.

Apparently both the movie and part 7 of the series will be out December 10th. I can't find news for part 7, so I assume that was something announced at the convention where they screened the movie dub.
  • azer_moli likes this

#28 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm not too surprised... They plan on releasing One Piece Strong World too, despite the fact that Enies Lobby is still being dubbed in English. 

#29 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

I heard about what they're doing with One Piece too. Is there any particular reason why Funimation is doing this?

Edited by Blue22, 16 September 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#30 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

If you mean showing characters from the show in movies before they are shown on the main series, it's not all that surprising. For One Piece's case, they showed Franky in the Unlimited Adventure Wii game dub WAY before they were even close to water 7.

#31 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Well the whole movie release jumped the gun with timing, it takes places after the Grand Magic Games / Eclipse Porject arc, which the anime never finished, so what the hell, if you wait for that, you be waiting for ever. If Japan didn't care about continuity, why should Funimation.

#32 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

I heard about what they're doing with One Piece too. Is there any particular reason why Funimation is doing this?

The movies are popular, will make money, and easier to dub and release than a full set of episodes. Most fans of the series will not be too concerned about continuity, or potential spoilers, as odds are decent they'll be reasonably up to date on at least the anime, even for parts not yet dubbed.

So strong financial incentive to release it, limited social disincentive to release it.

#33 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just got around to watching episode 76 just to hear Gildarts' dub voice. IDK who the actor is but he is spot on!

((Speaking of this episode, does anyone else think becoming a powerful dragon slayer has gone to Natsu's head? I'm talking about arrogance, we already know he's got that in spades. I mean has he gotten dumber? Because he seemed like pretty smart as a kid :huh: ))

Edited by Blue22, 11 December 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#34 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I watched h newly dubbed episodes, too... Love how Cherami Leigh uses a noticeably deeper tone as Lucy Ashley compared to Lucy Heartfilia.

#35 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Does she? I was expecting her Lucy Ashley to just sound like Shana.

EDIT: I just heard it. She sounds almost like a completely different person! I'm actually impressed :o

Edited by Blue22, 11 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#36 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm glad they feel the liberty to adjust lines to what fits the scene. For the most part, I've trusted their judgement in English anime production.

Really its most likely that speaking in the third person in English wouldn't work with the Mouth flaps

thus they dropped it.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#37 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

I noticed the anime added a mention a mention of Edolas Lyon has someone that hit on Edolas Juvia, or was it the other way around? I wonder if the anime knew what was going to happen later on.

#38 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

I noticed there's a thread on here that people have been using for this topic, so I decided to make an official place to put the discussion. The English translation for Fairy Tail is done by Funimation, with a number of noted American voice actors from hit series like Dragonball Z and One Piece acting as the cast. 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 08 January 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#39 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

They just released the Edolas arc... How much longer till they reach the GMG? 

#40 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

They just released the Edolas arc... How much longer till they reach the GMG? 

Dude, they just BARELY finished the Edolas arc. CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the F out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users