108 replies to this topic

#41 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

Dude, they just BARELY finished the Edolas arc. CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the F out.

My question was literal, actually... They seem to be releasing seasons relatively quickly lately with a DVD popping up every 3 months or so. 

#42 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Not really relevant, but who would've thought Todd Haberkorn would get a Fairy Tail tattoo in the same place Natsu has his? 

#43 OrangeMage

OrangeMage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Locationthe bowels of the internet

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Not really relevant, but who would've thought Todd Haberkorn would get a Fairy Tail tattoo in the same place Natsu has his? 

I think he got it in celebration of doing 100 FT episodes. He must really like being Natsu then. 

• AndrewR5D4, The Witcher and Blue22 like this

12.jpg

#44 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

I think he got it in celebration of doing 100 FT episodes. He must really like being Natsu then. 

Well next to Death the Kid, it's pretty much the biggest role he's gotten (I think the whole cast should just go ahead and get the guild marks tattooed where their characters have them. Sucks to be Scott Feeman XD)

My question was literal, actually... They seem to be releasing seasons relatively quickly lately with a DVD popping up every 3 months or so. 

They are moving surprisingly fast when you consider how long it took for them to get to the Oracion Seis arc. I just hope there isn't a big time gap between the dub for the first half of the GMG arc and the half that the sub is just getting to in April.

Edited by Blue22, 18 February 2014 - 05:20 PM.

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#45 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

For those who didn't recognize the voice, Porlyusica is Linda Young's first notable role since she played Frieza in DBZ...

• Blue22 and g-dubz like this

#46 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

For those who didn't recognize the voice, Porlyusica is Linda Young's first notable role since she played Frieza in DBZ...

See? Fairy Tail is the stuff worth waiting for :lol:

• AndrewR5D4, The Witcher, Blue22 and 1 other like this

#47 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Okay I saw episode 112, and though she is mentioned in the credits, I have some disappointing news, Mavis does not talk in the english dub version. What a ripoff? I could deal with Juvia not talking in the third person, but this really angers me, follow the Japanese script will you Funimation.

#48 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Okay I saw episode 112, and though she is mentioned in the credits, I have some disappointing news, Mavis does not talk in the english dub version. What a ripoff? I could deal with Juvia not talking in the third person, but this really angers me, follow the Japanese script will you Funimation.

Well honestly, I'm not sure if Juvia's third person thing would translate well due to the process of matching the mouth movements and timing. 

Did she say something important, or not? She won't have any important lines until the GMG arc. 

• Blue22 likes this

#49 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

Well honestly, I'm not sure if Juvia's third person thing would translate well due to the process of matching the mouth movements and timing.

Plus it would just be awkward as hell :/

#50 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

They picked Chuck Huber to play Bluenote... Interesting choice, although I didn't recognize his voice due to the tone being so different than Android 17. 

• Blue22 likes this

#51 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Did she say something important, or not? She won't have any important lines until the GMG arc. 

I suppose not, but still she did talk in the original Japanese, so follow the script of the original. And I want to here Mavis voice now I have to wait till the next volume comes out.

#52 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I'm not sure, but maybe they forgot the put the line in during editing... I noticed Mavis was listed asa speaking character in the credits, so it's possible they made a really dumb mistake in editing rather than outright forgetting to record Mavis' line in episode 112.

On the upside, they picked Leah Clark to play Mavis. Not a bad choice, using the VA who lent her voice to Minami Shimada (Baka and Test) and Ruby (Rosario+Vampire).

#53 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Part 10 (Ep. 109-120) was released a week ago. Got mine in the mail and marathoned it my first day home.

Overall, best batch of dubbed episodes by far, and probably the last I'll be bothering to watch for a while.

Spoiler Notes

Edited by Phenomiracle, 27 May 2014 - 12:36 PM.

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#54 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

So far every set has been 12 episodes, if that continues, than set 15 is only going to be 7 episodes, so I wonder and hope when the time comes, they will releases all the OVA, at least as many as they can, I would understand if OVA 6 had some licensing issues.

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#55 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Wow the dub is done the tenroujima island arc?

#56 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

I wish they would release the OVAs. 

#57 Friendship Powers

Friendship Powers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

Wow the dub is done the tenroujima island arc?

Almost, it will be with the next release of episodes, it just stopped right before the dragon attack.

#58 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

Aaaaaaaannnndddd... The Tenrou Island arc comes to an end. 

#59 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

You think Lindsay Seidel is going to voice Yukino consider the way the Japanese handled the casting, than again that could all be a coisidence, in the Japanese Ur and Ultear was voiced by the same actress, but Funimation didn't go that route and had Kira Vincent-Davis and Lydia Mackey, so who knows? Lindsay already voices Romeo, and they like to spread the cast out so who knows.

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#60 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

You think Lindsay Seidel is going to voice Yukino consider the way the Japanese handled the casting, than again that could all be a coisidence, in the Japanese Ur and Ultear was voiced by the same actress, but Funimation didn't go that route and had Kira Vincent-Davis and Lydia Mackey, so who knows? Lindsay already voices Romeo, and they like to spread the cast out so who knows.

Not sure, but after watching some more recent dubs by Funimation, it's clear there's a ton of new voice actors on the roster. It seems very likely one of them will receive the role of Yukino. 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 08 September 2014 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users