• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

Just finished this. Wow, 13 episodes for 2 volumes? Comparing to shows where they managed to squeeze in 5-6 volumes/cour...but I guess it's good because doing the latter omits too many things. Still the downside is not reading the LN makes you know too little :cry:

Anw, this is a good series. Nearly great. I don't think it manages to do anything grand/amazing but very enjoyable and well-executed.

Suzuno is divine, Emi is a bearable tsundere with potential and Chiho should disappear.

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#102 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Just finished this. Wow, 13 episodes for 2 volumes? Comparing to shows where they managed to squeeze in 5-6 volumes/cour...but I guess it's good because doing the latter omits too many things. Still the downside is not reading the LN makes you know too little :cry:

Anw, this is a good series. Nearly great. I don't think it manages to do anything grand/amazing but very enjoyable and well-executed.

Suzuno is divine, Emi is a bearable tsundere with potential and Chiho should disappear.

@Fulmine

You might be surprised to learn that Maou's reason for attacking Ente Isla was because demonic power is created by fear. Once he stopped the wars and united the demons under his rule, Satan realized that the Demon Realm would run out of magic in less than 100 years. The only way to maintain a peaceful society for his own people was to victimize the humans and feed off of their negative emotions. He reveals this truth while performing a confession with Suzuno (who luckily for him, happens to be a priest). 

Also, Emi's not nearly as tsundere in the light novels. She eventually discovers that her father is still alive, and lets go of her grudge. 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 28 June 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#103 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

@Fulmine

You might be surprised to learn that Maou's reason for attacking Ente Isla was because demonic power is created by fear. Once he stopped the wars and united the demons under his rule, Satan realized that the Demon Realm would run out of magic in less than 100 years. The only way to maintain a peaceful society for his own people was to victimize the humans and feed off of their negative emotions. He reveals this truth while performing a confession with Suzuno (who luckily for him, happens to be a priest). 

Also, Emi's not nearly as tsundere in the light novels. She eventually discovers that her father is still alive, and lets go of her grudge. 

URGH, spoilers :angry:...though I guess neither is too important or huge secret (but not knowing is still preferable >.< since the author may do things differently. And I just managed to download the Yen Press scan for vol 3-7 plus the fan-translated vol 8-13 and planned to read today >.<). Her father's being alive is a cliche development and I can venture the moment it's revealed that demonic power's born from fear that the reason a nice guy like Maou wrecked havoc on Ente Isla is because he needs to to create fear. That said I found it's weird because if that's the case he should know right away how to make demonic magic (or at least try) when he arrived in Japan instead of being afraid his magic would run out and thrifty with it

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#104 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

URGH, spoilers :angry:...though I guess neither is too important or huge secret (but not knowing is still preferable >.< since the author may do things differently. And I just managed to download the Yen Press scan for vol 3-7 plus the fan-translated vol 8-13 and planned to read today >.<). Her father's being alive is a cliche development and I can venture the moment it's revealed that demonic power's born from fear that the reason a nice guy like Maou wrecked havoc on Ente Isla is because he needs to to create fear. That said I found it's weird because if that's the case he should know right away how to make demonic magic (or at least try) when he arrived in Japan instead of being afraid his magic would run out and thrifty with it

It takes a large amount of fear and discord for demons to regain their powers on Earth, and may not have been worth it. After getting trashed and failing so miserably back home, it's not hard to believe Maou wouldn't want to go back right away (Adramelech and Malcoda were dead, and most of the Demon Army had been slaughtered). I imagine he probably didn't believe it was worth the trouble. Lucifer went on a mugging spree to collect magic, and now he's not even allowed to leave the house for fear of being arrested. 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 01 July 2017 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users