PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:05 AM

New chapter

It's a name of a character not yet shown up. How is that not spoiling?

Yeah, my bad. Though I thought they meant the one where they attacked Saitama's town. But you don't have to follow me and do what shouldn't be done... :hurr:

Cause wat is a name? If i tell you Blast's real name is Mike, does that tell you anything about anything? It not even a spoil its more of a fun fact.

Have you tried to read it like 10 chapters? Once you get hooked the story will keep you.

I'd rather just wait till the redrawn version catches up but I do get curious and I dont mind spoiling for myself cause I'm goin to read it regardless, thats why I ask yall. but its hard to take the ONE version serious

#1182 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19030 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

Cause wat is a name? If i tell you Blast's real name is Mike, does that tell you anything about anything? It not even a spoil its more of a fun fact.

And people may not like it. It's still something that is supposed to show up later, not to mention depends on the story, sometimes a name may carry significant meaning. Me for example, don't like that being revealed. So what should be in spoiler should be in spoiler. What you deem is irrelevant...

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#1183 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:35 AM

I legit can't read the ONE version, art is very important to me when reading manga and that art is way too bad. Thats why air gear is one of my favorite mangas cause the art on that was beautiful

Then at least for the love of god, learn to use the spoiler tags dude. Go check out post 1177 on this thread made by you.

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 11 January 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#1184 Bombchu

Bombchu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

I legit can't read the ONE version, art is very important to me when reading manga and that art is way too bad. Thats why air gear is one of my favorite mangas cause the art on that was beautiful

So what you're saying is that you judge books by their covers and care more about the packaging than the contents? That's a really bad habit.

That kind of sentiment is what gets under my skin about the OPM fandom. Too many people trying to divorce it's creator from it in favor of pretty pictures.

If anything it should go to show you how good the source material is despite the art quality that it's gotten so much attention from high power artists and animators.

but its hard to take the ONE version serious

You're not suppose to. It's a parody. It's meant to be goofy, making fun of all the characters that try to take themselves seriously and the artstyle plays up to that. It's the remakes that are going off course focusing on superfical aspects rather than the comedy. The action portion has always been a side note.

That's one of the main reason to read all versions. The original has a drastically different tone and focus.

#1185 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

I  wouldn't say drastically. Just that wihtout Murata's art to distract you, the purity of the story shines forth more.

• PunkHazard likes this

#1186 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19030 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

So what you're saying is that you judge books by their covers and care more about the packaging than the contents? That's a really bad habit.

That kind of sentiment is what gets under my skin about the OPM fandom. Too many people trying to divorce it's creator from it in favor of pretty pictures.

Well, art IS a content when it comes to manga. Plus he only said the original art was bad, he didn't say the story was bad, otherwise he wouldn't have read the redrawn/Murata version either. So it's not like he doesn't care about content or is divorcing ONE from his work. He only prefers the more complete package. I mean, say, between good food+good presentation and only good food, it makes perfect sense for people to pick the former because the former contains the latter. Nothing wrong if someone doesn't really care about presentation and are satisfied with just good food (easy-going-ness is a virtue, haha) but you can't blame people if they need both.

• Clyde and PunkHazard like this

#1187 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1355 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

Is it just me or is Garou coming off more human?

Spoiler ONE spoilers

Edited by Hoff, 11 January 2016 - 08:21 AM.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1188 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Is it just me or is Garou coming off more human?

Spoiler ONE spoilers

Spoiler

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#1189 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1355 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:36 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

• GintaMan likes this

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1190 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#1191 Rayman

Rayman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • Location505

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

If anything it should go to show you how good the source material is despite the art quality that it's gotten so much attention from high power artists and animators.

This isn't a book. Its manga, a visual medium. Its presentation is hugely important.
I've read and enjoyed the original, but it is worse off for its art, there's no getting around that. Whether that's enough for a person to prefer Murata's version is up to them, and its pretty silly to judge them for it or act superior.
  • DarkNemesis, Abu Dun, Clyde and 1 other like this

#1192 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

And people may not like it. It's still something that is supposed to show up later, not to mention depends on the story, sometimes a name may carry significant meaning. Me for example, don't like that being revealed. So what should be in spoiler should be in spoiler. What you deem is irrelevant...

i mean it would be different if this was something like case closed where if i revealed the name i would spoil the whole point of an arc. But a manga like this a singular name wit no other context wats so ever cant hurt the story at all.
Whos the main bad guy? Mike
Who can beat sataima? Mike
Who fought metal knight? Mike

In all those examples jus saying a name doesn't take away from any part of the story, not does it take away from some big reveal that could happen later. The most you'll get is when this mike character is really introduced youll think "oh ive heard that name before". But thats it. Thats not a spoil at all

Then at least for the love of god, learn to use the spoiler tags dude. Go check out post 1177 on this thread made by you.

i dont think ive ever said anything spoiling the story especially since i havnt read the ONE version so i dont know anything to spoil. Regardless though ill use the spoiler tag more

You're not suppose to. It's a parody. It's meant to be goofy, making fun of all the characters that try to take themselves seriously and the artstyle plays up to that. It's the remakes that are going off course focusing on superfical aspects rather than the comedy. The action portion has always been a side note.

That's one of the main reason to read all versions. The original has a drastically different tone and focus.

Everyone kinda answered this for me already but ill say this, judging a book by its cover doesnt really apply here cause im judging the book on the visual Content. Not jus on the cover. Like someone said manga is meant to be viewed instead of jus read. Thats the whole template for the art form. So i dont think u can blame me for not being able to enjoy it cause half of its purpose isnt good to me.
The story is good in every sense of the word, i love the characters, the action, and the storyline, its jus that art makes it hard to actually read and enjoy all that

Edited by PunkHazard, 11 January 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#1193 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19030 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

i mean it would be different if this was something like case closed where if i revealed the name i would spoil the whole point of an arc. But a manga like this a singular name wit no other context wats so ever cant hurt the story at all.
Whos the main bad guy? Mike
Who can beat sataima? Mike
Who fought metal knight? Mike

In all those examples jus saying a name doesn't take away from any part of the story, not does it take away from some big reveal that could happen later. The most you'll get is when this mike character is really introduced youll think "oh ive heard that name before". But thats it. Thats not a spoil at all

THAT IS A SPOIL!

What do you mean ''a manga like this''? It can be ''like this'' for now but it might not be ''like this'' forever. IIRC you haven't even read the original webtoon so you don't even have the ''I read ahead and I assure you it's no big deal'' excuse.

Who's the main bad guy? Aizen!

Who beat Pernida? Mayuri

Who fought Starrk? Shunsui.

That spoils match-up, the victor and the biggest plot twist in Bleach. What if this ''Mike'''s first appearance is a good guy like Aizen? You just spoiled a plot twist. And as I said, no matter how small it is, there are readers who prefer to have absolutely NOTHING spoiled to them. And that's legit! You think it's not important. That's what YOU think! Not other people. I'm not even sure what's there to explain. It's not like I'm condemning you something serious. Just simply admit you made a mistake. This thread is made for the redrawn version in the first place.

#1194 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15483 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

Look. I made a OPM (ONE version) so we can talk about "spoilers" there. So please take discussion about the ONE version of OPM to that thread.

This thread needs a part 2 anyway.

NEW THREAD

• Red Haired Shanks and Lone_ant like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1195 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

THAT IS A SPOIL!

What do you mean ''a manga like this''? It can be ''like this'' for now but it might not be ''like this'' forever. IIRC you haven't even read the original webtoon so you don't even have the ''I read ahead and I assure you it's no big deal'' excuse.

Who's the main bad guy? Aizen!
Who beat Pernida? Mayuri
Who fought Starrk? Shunsui.

That spoils match-up, the victor and the biggest plot twist in Bleach. What if this ''Mike'''s first appearance is a good guy like Aizen? You just spoiled a plot twist. And as I said, no matter how small it is, there are readers who prefer to have absolutely NOTHING spoiled to them. And that's legit! You think it's not important. That's what YOU think! Not other people. I'm not even sure what's there to explain. It's not like I'm condemning you something serious. Just simply admit you made a mistake. This thread is made for the redrawn version in the first place.

Its not a spoil. Its not about me not thinking it's important. You have a tendency to think u know wat i mean wen i say something and take it as fact. I legit wit every ounce of my being dont believe that sayin a name wit no other context is a spoil. Especially a name like black sperm.
In all those examples u used bleach as an example. But we arent talkin about bleach, we are talkin about one punch man. And i believe that wit the kinda manga one punch man is just saying black sperm isnt a spoiler. Hell u dont even know if black sperm is a monster or another human. Or a code name or anything. I admit that literally everything else stated about black sperm was a spoiler but thats why people answered me in a spoiler tag.
Aizen being the main bad guy was suprising but one punch man doesnt have anything like that, the monsters are the bad guys and the heroes are the good guys. Simple as that. Again i dont believe that a name alone is a spoil in any way.
When I read a name i don't know on these forums wit no other context i dont think "oh why did they tell me that name. They spoiled the whole story now!" That thought process makes no sense to me. Instead I think "I wonder who that is, oh well" leaving wit the same amount of info i had wen i came, in the end i still don't know anything. Ill admit if i did something wrong. But in my heart i dont believe i did. Agree or disagree thats how i feel.

Think about it like this. If a manga just started and the author for watever reasons decided to list the names of every character thatll be introduced on this manga in one long list of about 100 or so names wit nothibg else. After you look at that list do you truly feel like anything was spoiled?

#1196 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15483 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

At this point, the spoiler argument/issue is dead. There are two threads now. OPM ONE and OPM Murata.

As @GintaMan said, everyone is now spoiler-free. So post in the appropriate thread going forward.

NEW THREAD

Edited by DarkNemesis, 11 January 2016 - 12:26 PM.

• Oben, Fulmine and GintaMan like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users