Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

hmm is fairy tail ending 6 chapters in 2 weeks

#3 Zzkays

Zzkays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Sigh, the dragons really did go back to their time..... what a darn waste. Everything in this arc is resolved by some accident? How can Mashima end it like this?

Now that Future Rogue never came to the past, there is a possibility of Ultear being still alive, because if Future Rogue never came, she would have never needed to sacrifice her life.

Edited by Zzkays, 28 June 2013 - 03:59 AM.

• acemiami likes this

#4 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

OH.

MY.

HOLY.

MOTHER.

FUCK!NG

GOD

Spoiler

To think that this is even possible... What is the point of all of these in the first place? And Ultear's death becomes even more worthless than ever.

Edited by Jeral Fernandes, 28 June 2013 - 03:58 AM.

• Peleihno, JDG973, Sithis and 2 others like this

auJZmWF.png

#5 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

So wait, if the destruction of the Gate means nobody will be able to come back through time, then not only should those brought to as well came from should disappear but also everything they did since it'd be like it never happened .... yet the destruction, death, and memory of them  remains as if they did happen despite having no means of ever being able to happen at all ................ yeah >_>

An F-Rogue went evil because of Frosch, seriously I'm beginning to think him an Sting have a more personal relationship with they're cats then just best buds or whatever.

Edited by Yuber, 28 June 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#6 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

That's Time travel for you XD

#7 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Nothing like I had expected. A resolution just like that? "It-never-happened?" Did he seriously just try to pull it off?

Classic Mashima. Have the dragons and Future Rogue disappear and presumably leave everyone's timeline theorizing too waste. If history had truly rewinded, the dragons would have never attacked. Which would mean that there would be zero infrastructure damage. And that's just me scratching the surface of what's wrong with this resolution.

Next three chapters don't look promising at all. Just more nakama fluff.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#8 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

I was afraid Mashima wouldn't be able to handle the time travel consequences in a realistic manner. And I was kinda right: The Dragons and Future Rogue vanished, but if they had never come to the timeline in the first place all the death and destruction they caused should have been reversed as well.

And what happened to Future Lucy in the end? Can anyone explain that? :huh:

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/19.html

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/20.html

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/21.html

What is that place? Did she go to the afterlife(Where her dead guildmates are)? Or did she return to her own future, with her and her teammates' deaths reversed? :mellow:

Edited by The Witcher, 28 June 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#9 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

They should never have had the Arena Tourneys in the first place since future rogue did not exist. 

@Witcher I think it's the after life.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#10 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

That's Time travel for you xD

More like that's Fairy Tail ;)

But seriously that is terrible logic used for Mashima, I mean did the guy ever watch "Back to the Future?"

Ugh just thinking about it gives me a headache, and also ticks me off that Ultear is still going to be dead ... which means no more Ultear-service :(

#11 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

OH.

MY.

HOLY.

MOTHER.

****!NG

GOD

Spoiler

To think that this is even possible... What is the point of all of these in the first place? And Ultear's death becomes even more worthless than ever.

Bro I am just stoked that this arc has finished.

• Peleihno and JDG973 like this

#12 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

More like that's Fairy Tail ;)

But seriously that is terrible logic used for Mashima, I mean did the guy ever watch "Back to the Future?"

Ugh just thinking about it gives me a headache, and also ticks me off that Ultear is still going to be dead ... which means no more Ultear-service :(

Hey. At least we finally had one casualty. The first since Simon. Brings a little actual tragedy. ^_^

#13 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

I was afraid Mashima wouldn't be able to handle the time travel consequences in a realistic manner. And I was kinda right: The Dragons and Future Rogue vanished, but if they had never come to the timeline in the first place all the death and destruction they caused should have been reversed as well.

And what happened to Future Lucy in the end? Can anyone explain that? :huh:

http://www.mangahere...35/c337/19.html

What is that place? Did she go to the afterlife(Where her dead guildmates are)? Or did she return to her own future, with her and her teammates' deaths reversed? :mellow:

Reasonably it should be her own time and everyone is alive there since the Gate never happened, less of course the moment in which she traveled back from is at a moment where everyone dies and thus being undeniably dead now herself ... she too joins them in the afterlife (fat chance of that). 

#14 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Reasonably it should be her own time and everyone is alive there since the Gate never happened, less of course the moment in which she traveled back from is at a moment where everyone dies and thus being undeniably dead now herself ... she too joins them in the afterlife (fat chance of that).

Dunno. The fact that she landed in some empty plain with no city in sight and all her teammates look ethereal hints at the afterlife instead...

Which in turn doesn't make sense if the invasion has been averted in the present with no casualties for Fairy Tail. :huh:

Edited by The Witcher, 28 June 2013 - 04:20 AM.

• JDG973, Phenomiracle, Sloan and 1 other like this

#15 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hey. At least we finally had one casualty. The first since Simon. Brings a little actual tragedy. ^_^

I don't want a casualty, I want panels of Ultear owning people or violating Meredy in a very colorful way, if not her fighting Minerva at some point, an some good pics overall  :mob:  lol

• Sloan likes this

#16 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

The whole tournament was conceived as a plan to harness energy for the Gate. If the Gate had never existed, then the tournament would have never have existed either.

Yeah, after waiting chapter by chapter for explanation for the past few months, we can finally assert with full confidence that Mashima has a royally f**ked up comprehension of time at its most fundamental element: sequential event flow.

What's surprising is how his assistants and editors are letting him get away with this. You can't honestly be telling me that not a single person said, "Um...sensei? This might not be such a good idea..."

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#17 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,655 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

3qc5m.jpg

Cobra read the chapter.

• Peleihno, azer_moli, Tokoya and 29 others like this

#18 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Dunno. The fact that she landed in some empty plain with no city in sight and all her teammates look ethereal hints at the afterlife instead...

Which in turn doesn't make sense if the invasion has been averted in the present with no casualties for Fairy Tail. :huh:

True that it is rather afterlife like, which again doesn't make sense if tragedy was averted in present time. Less the area is someplace FT will be vacationing or whatever and F-Lucy just got transported to there, but again the scene feels ....... out there.

I dunno maybe a being of common sense invaded some point in the future and threw the whole planet into a Super Nova and they all died XD

#19 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

One thing though. Since all the injuries of these people and the rubble isn't vanishing does this mean Ultear is still dead?

#20 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

The whole tournament was conceived as a plan to harness energy for the Gate. If the Gate had never existed, then the tournament would have never have existed either.

Yeah, after waiting chapter by chapter for explanation for the past few months, we can finally assert with full confidence that Mashima has a royally f**ked up comprehension of time at its most fundamental element: sequential event flow.

What's surprising is how his assistants and editors are letting him get away with this. You can't honestly be telling me that not a single person said, "Um...sensei? This might not be such a good idea..."

I doubt his readers would think about it much. As far as they're concerned the complex temporal mumbo-jumbo is over with and we're set up for a new arc.

That's probably how Mashima himself sees it. I doubt he could offer a good explanation if you asked him on twitter. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users