Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

img000001.jpg

While not being all too fond of playing games on his mobile phone, Sudo Kaname gets invited to the so-called Darwin's Game by one of his friends. Curious about what this is about, he decides to give it a try.

What he doesn't know, though, is that this isn't a simply app to waste time, but instead a fight for life and death - which he now is forced to participate in,

Ongoing, currently at chapter 4.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#2 futtobase

futtobase

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationPresumed dead

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Blood. I love blood. xD

Spoiler

Made me LOL :lolxg:

Edited by futtobase, 01 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.

9s5tlg.jpg

吹っ飛ばせ,  断地風!

Futtobase, Tachikaze!

卍解! 鐡拳・断風!

Bankai! Tekken Tachikaze!

#3 iamthelawjk

iamthelawjk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

I really like this kind of manga. Someone who first will be like a weak innocent person then turns out to have a survival instinct that can kill anyone who tries to do him/her in. 

#4 Abakane

Abakane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

survival manga

like btooom

love it

#5 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

Then you're going to love the fact that it's getting pretty regular releases, with Chapter 15 being the latest :)

Truth be told, I was a bit partial about it at the beginning due to it starting rather slowly. But it has quickly picked up and has become quite an interesting read.

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Chapter 15 maybe the latest translated chapter.  But its still way behind the raws which are upto chapter 25.

Spoiler

#7 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

Chapter 15 maybe the latest translated chapter. But its still way behind the raws which are upto chapter 25.

Given how ch. 15 is part of volume 4, whereas even Batoto advertises the series with the cover of the 5th volume (and sports a combo of the just-now introduced shorty and Machine gun-kun) I figured as much^^

That spoiler of yours is pretty epic, though, and strengthens my impression on the whole story and that it's speeding up quite a bit.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#8 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

Chapter 16

Spoiler

currently reading:

and a lot more

#9 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Chapter 27 spoilers:

Spoiler

#10 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

well his no kill rule didn't last very long.

#11 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

well his no kill rule didn't last very long.

Considering how far he made it in D-Game without killing, it actually lasted surprisingly long. Especially considering how the first real fight against Eigth went down, it was quite likely for him to be forced to kill sooner or later.

Given how crazy and brutal all the members of Eigth are, it was just a matter of time before he would snap at them - too bad, though, that it happened at the expense of Shinoduka. His Sigil would have been a real game changer (likely in that <4%-group) and it would have given Kaname even more of  a reason to shut down the entire game.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#12 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

Considering how far he made it in D-Game without killing, it actually lasted surprisingly long. Especially considering how the first real fight against Eigth went down, it was quite likely for him to be forced to kill sooner or later.

Given how crazy and brutal all the members of Eigth are, it was just a matter of time before he would snap at them - too bad, though, that it happened at the expense of Shinoduka. His Sigil would have been a real game changer (likely in that <4%-group) and it would have given Kaname even more of  a reason to shut down the entire game. 

Well i wasn't saying i disliked the change. I actually find it refreshing to see a character morals change based on the their experiences. and as for Shinoduka it was kind of his own fault their was a good bit of time between the moment his escaped his binds and one showed had he focus purely on escaping he might have made it.

#13 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

Chapter 29

Well, so much for Eigth.

Spoiler

currently reading:

and a lot more

#14 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

Chapter 30 is out:

http://mangafox.me/m...v08/c030/1.html

Predictably, Eighth is done - he got outwitted by Shuka and Kaname.

Not to sure why d-game management is so interested in Kaname for. The new villain Oboro seems kinda creepy especially with that priest type outfit.

#15 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

I guess they've waited for someone like Kaname to come by in order to truly get their game started. I.e. someone with an extremely powerful sigil, rather intelligent and with quick wits, but originally good-natured and trying to use every loophole in the rules he can find to not kill his opponents. Now that they've managed to corrupt Kaname in that he is now ready to kill (and has shown a terrifyingly great skill at it), they can easily afford getting rid of their previous puppet One, who basically was a single-minded thug who was used to lure out their true key player.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#16 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

Chapter 31

The new arc looks promising and will likely expand the setting from metropolitan Tokyo over the rest of Japan and, ultimately, over the entire world.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#17 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:35 AM

So i finally got around to reading the latest chapter and i got to say the narrator was interesting choice. But overall i think it was a effective way to advance the story to the point where the sunset ravens/ fighting dojo have established complete control over shibuya. another thing i really liked was the author made it clear that people didn't just stop playing d game and instead they just shifted tactics.

#18 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

Chapter 33 is out:

http://www.mangainn....game-chapter-33

Predictably, the florists daughter gets saved from that doctor. Looks like she is gonna be the next member of Kaname's clan.

Though the most interesting development of chapter to me was that Themis, the leader of Trinity and the boss of the insurance company are really unhappy about Sunsets Ravens D-Game ban in the Shibuya region and are plotting to eliminate Kaname.

Some spoilers for upcoming chapters and the next arc, the raws are up to chapter 43 btw:

Spoiler

Edited by Baks, 13 October 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#19 Lauri

Lauri

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

If the raws go up to 43, why are there only 36 chapters out and only 1 new per month :o

Just curious

#20 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Actually the raws are now up to chapter 47, you can find them up at Sen Manga. Good place to look up raws for most series imo.

Most chapters of this series are normally around 45 to 50 pages long and usually have lots of dialogue in them as well. That is some possible reasons, why it usually takes so long to release a chapter, I guess.

Not to mention the group that's releasing the chapters - Kirei Cake, is not one of the more popular or bigger translating groups on the net say like Mangastream or Sense Scans - Sense Scans are the group that releases Magi btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users