• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

Chapter 38 was pretty interesting we got some new information on the structure of the dgame at least as far as betting concerned. Plus we got our first interaction between Kaname and the insurer.

#22 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:12 PM

Just caught up on my backlog for this series and finished reading chapter 51, that was a pretty solid end to the Hunting Game arc.

I wasn't expecting the whole twist of the whole arc taking place in some island in an alternate world.

I am guessing that the current GM of Darwin's Game most likely has the same powers Arabaki had like teleportation and stuff. That seems highly likely given that the current GM used to be a former student of Arabaki.

Not too sure about what the GM's motives are, he seems kinda shady. Especially considering his dubious dealings with Oboro.

Though I personally think Arabaki may have blundered by teleporting the whole island to our current world. Since he most likely teleported the Doumei as well besides the islands natives as well. Those things are a bloody pain to kill, even Kaname had difficulties killing one of those things even with Rick's help.

Anyways it was a solid arc overall, roll on the next arc. I am curious about Kaname's plans to clear D-Game and how exactly he is gonna find the GM.

Though I predict that those rivals introduced at the end of chapter 51 are gonna be nothing but trouble for Kaname. Especially that Long Tao guy, given how Kaname killed his bro - One - in the previous Treasure Hunting game arc.

#23 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

Anime announced:

https://www.animenew...v-anime/.139134

Hopefully this anime should be just as good as the manga is.

Just finished reading the latest chapter 59.

It ain't that far behind the raws which are upto chapter 68 thanks to the translators releasing three chapters so far this month.

I really am interested in what the GM's motives are for this upcoming event and what he hopes to get outta this.

#24 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Update time, now finished reading up to chapter 64.

Some thoughts on the recent chapters. Chapter 63 in particular is very interesting imo, since it confirms that are alternate versions of our world.

Something that was hinted at previously last arc in the Hunting Game event with the introduction of the Doumei, Rick and all those other villagers of his and especially the GM of that world - Arabaki, who is apparently a mentor figure of the GM of Kaname's own world.

It looks for this current Ship event it's not only just player versus player, but also apparently the GM of Kaname's world against a rival GM of another parallel world too.

That Shigeo kid - the glasses wearing guy - was pretty evil as hell both in chapters 64 and 63. Given how he blinded Oosako and twisted Oosako's neck to briefly kill the guy before Shao revived Oosako later on in the chapter using her sigil.

This brings me to an inconsistency I found with this most recent chapter. Cuz how come when Oosako died, his body didn't get the zero point treatment - aka pixellated and disappear?

People competing in events are not immune to the zero point treatment as is evidenced when King killed that girl by apparently pushing her off a building during the start of the Treasure Hunt arc.

Just look at the end of chapter 8 where King pushes that girl and the start of chapter 10 where that beret wearing cop finds her pixellated body to see what I am referring too.

Some page references, where King pushes off that girl here:

https://www.mangapan...rwins-game/8/45

Where the beret wearing wearing cop finds her pixellated body:

https://www.mangapan...rwins-game/8/46
https://www.mangapan...rwins-game/10/2

Returning back to chapter 64, that baseball dude - Yako - that Kaname met, seems to me a potential clan ally for the future assuming if he survives this Ship event.

That Sergeant Harris from the U.S. army is arrogant and unlikable as hell imo. Though I do like that Corporal Tanya, she has a good bubbly personality unlike her an asshole of a commanding officer.

#25 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

Was it confirmed Oosako has 0 points?
He got 1k points before the fight.

I don't remember if it says fights means all of poser points go to winner.
If you lose all you points, you die yes. But not other away around?

Another factor is the possibility of resurrection?

Eight was a different case due to special ability

#26 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:08 PM

Was it confirmed Oosako has 0 points?
He got 1k points before the fight.
I don't remember if it says fights means all of poser points go to winner.
If you lose all you points, you die yes. But not other away around?
Another factor is the possibility of resurrection?
Eight was a different case due to special ability

It was never confirmed that Oosako had 0 points or not.

Well apparently according to both Ryuji and Rain according to these pages in chapters 9 and 10:

https://www.mangapan...rwins-game/9/28
https://www.mangapan...wins-game/10/14

You basically don't lose or gain any points during events from individual battles, unlike the normal encounter or class matches according to them. According to them you get points awarded or deducted at the end of events not during them as I understand it.

The only reason that both Shigeo and Oosako got 1000 points from Ieiri is cuz thier teacher has most likely special privileges and that Ieiri is a close acquaintance of the GM as explained in chapter 59 here:

https://www.mangapan...wins-game/59/35

According to this page:

https://www.mangapan...wins-game/64/38

Shao says that Oosako is definitely dead before she helped revive him later on in the chapter.

Well even if King used his ability to kill that girl during the start of the Treasure Hunt event in chapter 8, she still got the zero point treatment as is shown in the start of chapter 10 - regardless of how many points she still had or not.

So I dunno why Oosako didn't get the zero point treatment too, since he was technically dead for around maybe a minute or so before Shao helped revive him. That's why I feel its an inconsistency according to all this evidence imo.

#27 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:15 AM

After reading the latest chapter 69 a few minutes ago, man things have gone insane in this manga.

What with there being two events going on simultaneously. The one on in the ship in which Kaname and Shuuka are participating in and the other event taking place in Shibuya that was just started by the GM.

Not to mention the fact that are actual friggin demons in the manga. The whole pirate crew that Kaname and his allies are battling are basically demonic looking people.

Plus the opponents in the Shibuya event are demonic bears and just introduced in chapter 69, demonic versions of mammoths too.

I honestly dunno things are gonna pan out for either event tbh, it will be interesting to see this all plays out.

#28 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:22 PM

Just finished reading chapter 71, man the plot has gone insane just kinda like Chainsawman's current arc.

I honestly dunno how the Sunset Ravens are gonna survive both the ship and Shibuya events, they are outclassed in both situations.

Those demon commanders that Kaname and company are facing seem to be on a whole other tier since they seem to be that beastly in terms of power. I am unsure what strategy Kaname is gonna use if he wants to beat those to win the ship event.

As for the event in Shibuya, I dunno how the Ravens are gonna takedown one of those mammoths let alone five of those damned things. Not to mention the GM's rival sneaky tactic of using those teleportation cubes of those bears and mammoths.

Especially the way, the GM's rival teleported all those bears into those Self Defense Force helicopters to wipe them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users