GENTILES AND LADYMEN,
I bid thee welcome to my humble abode.
Let's rock and/or roll, shall we?
How would you cope if your arms traded places with your legs?
I'd do a.... a feet-stand, I suppose. I'd construct very tight-fitting glasses that, through Ingenius Use of Mirrors, reflect my view so that when I stand upside down (so I'm standing on my feet), my view is inverted - in other words, normal. (I think.) A flawless plan in all respects.
1) Who are your fav artists/bands? Name any amount you like
2) Favourite dishes? Name any amount you like
3) Fav books? Name any amount you like
4) How do you feel knowing that the next chapter I will be proven right, in our little debate over Dofla's origins? http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/t...
5) First and current impressions of The JoE?
1) While there are a few that are too close to my heart for me to share them, I can happily share a few that I just like a lot. (With links to examples, for Helpful is my name!) I really like Queensryche
, and I absolutely love Ratatat
. (I claim much credit for getting m1hawkgasmerizer to love them, by the way.) I also very much enjoy listening to individual musicians, like Jon Gomm
or Victor Wooten
. I mean, come on. Just no. Just... just no, it's not possible.
On the whole, though, I tend to wander. I suppose AC/DC
is also always up there, simply because they're hilarious. How can you not love them?
2) Smörgåstårta. (Lit. sandwich-cake.) There are many fantastic foods out there that I love, and there are many that taste as good as smörgåstårta (some are probably even tastier), but this dish defines summer for me. A plate of smörgåstårta, a glass of pear cider, and sunny skies - one such moment, and my summer is made.
Our smörgåstårta usually looks roughly like this
. You can find rather good pictures here
. And now I'm hungry.
3) I fear I don't read as much as I should - nevertheless, this isn't too difficult to answer. It's the first Harry Potter book. Here we have a case where I know it's not the best book I've read - it's not even the best HP book - but I just loved it so much when I read it, that I can't help but cherish it. It's what drew me in to that world. =)
4) I have secret evidence further indicating that I'm right, but sharing it would incriminate one of my friends. You'll just have to live in ignorance until you're smacked in the face with my victory. Shame, that.
(Plus, I have the inherent advantage of basing my ideas on liliette's, so you were basically going into battle missing a shoe. And a gun, and a hat. Not even a hat...)
5) idnatq :>
1) When are you and Miss Coquine getting married?
2) Is it true that you keep an axe in your beard for emergency purposes?
3) Why do you think DD is so important?
4) Who from OMF would you visit if you could and what would you do? No limitations
5) If you and I got into a fight, how long would it take us to be friends again, and how would you apologize?(since you'd clearly be in the wrong)
1) It's not serious. Mostly because she doesn't take me seriously.
2) For creating emergencies, yes. I get bored.
3) Because he was introduced as someone who dared to troll Vice Admirals while in Mariejoa. Because he was okay with threatening WG officials in Mariejoa. Because he's a puppeteer, because his threads reach all over the world, because he does business with everyone, and because he knows about the truth of the world. And because he is. =]
4) Though I'd rather not mention names so as to not forget anyone ('cause that kinda sucks), it would involve drinking. There are a few people here whom I'm curious about, and that curiosity involves how they'd act when they're drunk. Sorry, my Muslim friends, but I'd simply have to force the stuff down your throats. I'm
not the one who'd suffer, after all. Without God, everything is permissible.
Depending on who it is I visit, it'd also involve going to interesting locations. (So no Madam Tussauds. Don't be silly.) Santamammers, for example, is only good for drinking and Rated M. If I visited MattC302, however, I'd force lutefisk down his throat.
5) You're joking, right? I would not be the one in the wrong. Given that you and I disagree only over semantics, you will be the one who's sorry. You can't beat my superpower.
I would apologize as well, though, 'cause I'm a wimp. I would do so immediately. You would wait months, out of pride. I say this because I misrepresent. Scandinavia misrepresent, yo. And such.
How angry will you be if WB comes back from the dead to kill Doflamingo?
What sports do you watch most often and what do you actually play?
What does Zetruz mean?
1) Honestly? I would argue it's a fake scan, until the story started making sense again.
2) The sport I watch the most is football, but I don't follow any. I usually only watch when it's a fun match (like El Clásico), or if it's a big championship like Champions League, the World Cup, or the European Championship.
Me? Play sports? You're a jester, is what you are! Hah! I actually loved playing badminton in the past, but that was basically it. I am not a sports person.
Obligatory OP question: What do you think One Piece is?
If you could get the keys to any car right now free of charge, which car would you choose to drive off into the sunset in?
How do you feel about organized religion and its' role in society?
Is there any talent you wish you had?
1) Hmm, probably really loud chewing, or talking with a lot of food in your mouth. Other than that, I don't really tend to notice enough to actually have pet peeves. =|
2) One peace.
3) Sadly, this is the most difficult question yet. A Rolls-Royce Wraith
? A Pagani Huayra
? A Ferrari 250 GT SWB Spider California
? An Eagle Speedster
? An Auburn Speedster
? A Lada Niva
? An Aston Martin DB9 Volante
? Oh, how I could go on. The choices are endless. I... I honestly do not know. Probably the Eagle Speedster or the Ferrari 250 Spider, to be honest. I mean, just look at them. Oh. Oh dear, I'll... I'll be right back...
4) ...aherm. So yeah, hm? Oh. Well mostly, I just feel it's no different from mythology. Let's be honest; mythology is religion that nobody believes in. It's just word-play to separate today's religions from the ones everyone
thinks is false. I don't think it's any different. So yes, I don't think any single religion has got it right. There might be grains of truth in one, some, or even all of them - but I do not believe that Jesus was the son of a deity if he did indeed exist, nor do I believe that the Quran is the word of God. So on a fundamental level, I believe religion teaches falsehoods, which makes the spreading of it something to be avoided in general. I'm not against spirituality (indeed, I consider myself very confused on that topicc), but I'm not a fan of the dogmatic.
As for its role in society, that's much more nuanced to me. There is no doubt that it does both good and bad, and honestly I consider myself neither intelligent nor knowledgeable enough to talk about that topic.
5) I wish I could play music. I don't entirely lack musicality, but my nervous system is a bit wonky, so playing the guitar is simply not feasible right now. And I do wish I was good at sports.
More to come later on. Thank you for interest shown, and may Svarte Petter bless thee on your travels.
Edited by zetruz, 02 July 2013 - 09:51 AM.