314 replies to this topic

#1 Gildartz25

Gildartz25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Discuss Witch Hunter here.

Witches suddenly declare war against humans, causing two-thirds of the world to fall apart. They summon monsters called "Supporters" and devastate human residences... but why? Survivors gather people with the power to combat the witches and called them Witch Hunters! Tasha Godspell is one of the strongest nicknamed "The Marksman" along with his "Jack-O-Lantern" looking Supporter. He fights the witches but cannot really bring himself to hate them...

This is the latest series I have picked up and I'm liking it a lot so far.

Latest Chapter......Chapter 81 http://www.mangahere...unter/v12/c081/

Posted Image

#2 Necrosis

Necrosis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

These chapters just keep on coming and coming and then they suddenly stop.  I love it and hate it for that reason.

That being said this chapter felt short.

Edited by Necrosis, 15 December 2012 - 01:28 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Guardian-Angel

Guardian-Angel

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Love and hate... I feel the same *sigh* But it can't be helped.

ytKhouO.png

"In the midst of this darkness. A path of light exists - outside of the light, nothing can be seen, nothing exists.

I am one who runs in the midst of that light" - Reki, Hidan no Aria

#4 Gildartz25

Gildartz25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well here is to hoping they keep coming, as long as the series does not get discontinued, I guess I will live.

Posted Image

#5 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Well, we won't see another chapter for a few months now the the volume is finished. The series is fairly slow moving... though it's nice to see Tasha finally starting to train. Was getting really tired of him losing every important battle and constantly being called weak by everyone. This is long overdue.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#6 Necrosis

Necrosis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Tasha is a high ranking A class, I wonder how the B class and other lower classes do in battle.

Posted Image

#7 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Probably not too well. The witches are extremely overpowered compared to the witch hunters, imo. The witches were winning the war after all.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#8 Necrosis

Necrosis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that we got a 81st chapter.  Cause one chapter 74 it says it only goes up to 80 unless were getting another set of chapters.  Am I making any sense?

Posted Image

#9 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm lost with the numbers too. Especially since they said that it would be different afterwards since the chapters were cut in half or something... I just go with the flow xD

#10 Smoker

Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Still waiting for the Phantom Knight to return, he is one my fav characters in this manga.

"You and I are not in the same league, Swine"

#11 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

http://www.mangaread...witch-hunter/84

Confirmed, though the shortness of the chapter annoys.

#12 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Confirmed what?

I'm confused on power level now. Cause if West=Edea, then I'm really confused. We already know North is about to resurect Edea. But. Edea=West when Edea was Killed by Aria with 6 disk (thus power of 7 average A-class)?

If it not so, then North is Resurecting everyone she knows? First with Varete? then with Edea? and finally with West?

It did take South + North to kill Varete, and South and North to kill West. I'm thinking the former, It was more overkill while the latter was more difficult on South and North?

#13 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I mean't Varete = West is confirmed

Isn't Edea also West? I'm confused about that part though... since it doesn't add up. Maybe I'm just confused. 

But Varete IS West. That much I'm sure of

#14 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Edea wasn't West, they've said a few times now that both South and North fought together to kill West, but Aria alone was the one to kill Edea.

Edea's powerful, absolutely, but I don't think she's West.

As for South vs Surt, I think that guy makes for an interesting power comparison. So far the only people who've managed to get around his No Sell are South, Varete, and the Ghost Commander (I am NOT about to try and spell that from memory), would certainly be interesting to see any of those 3 fight I think.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#15 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Edea does resemble the drawing of West, somewhat,http://www.mangahere...07/c031/15.html. As far as Verete though, since she has a suporter I'd say she's disqualified since this chapter revealed that only East has a suporter http://www.mangahere...12/c084/10.html

[Edit] Though Varete is called one of the 4 http://www.mangahere...08/c036/16.html [Edit]

[Edit] Sucks that Surt can't go full blast since East is weakened for whatever currently unexplained reason. And, isn't North just sick? She teams up with South to "kill" people just to bring them back as her helpers, reminds me of certain Naruto characters.[Edit]

Edited by death2boredom, 16 February 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#16 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Yeah Edea isn't West, she's got too long hair and different Murderer.

But West IS Varete.. they're so similar that it's basically a colour swap away from each other.

http://witchhunter.w...com/wiki/Varete

http://www.mangahere...12/c084/17.html

I think South's comment is that West originally didn't have Shadow of the Abyss as a Supporter, but after she was revived as Varette, she took on a supporter. 

North must have some pretty heavy grudge against humanity if he goes to such lengths..

Surt is just awesome huh? :) For a Berserker expy, he has succesfully differentiated himself enough when he fought against Vfhiahkfljjang guy

P.S. After Neptis, Varette is I think my favorite Witch, anyone know what chaps these pics come from (especially the first, might need to reread it to get hints)

Spoiler

Edited by Lone_ant, 17 February 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#17 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Pigs to the slaughter.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

It gets hard to follow because of the long gaps between releases.

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#18 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Something to note.
Varette > Neptis + Current North.
http://www.mangahere...02/c008/13.html
Varette < Neptis + full power North
http://www.mangahere...02/c008/14.html

We also don't know if Varette was killed in the first place. North did finish off Varette.
http://www.mangahere...08/c036/12.html So either Varette never died, or was resurected.

Assuming that Varette=West, and that she died:
North resurect West as Varette, whos is currently stronger then North. North full resurect Varette, then becomes stronger herself that she is stronger then West?

Assuming that Varette=West, and that she didn't die:
North resurrect West, who is alive? and becomes stronger then West, whos was stronger then her before....

Honestly, I don't think Varette=West works well with all these power ranking.

#19 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

North and South kills West. North ressurects West as Varette, and hence weakens, but binds her with a contract.

At this point North + Neptis < Varette.

East + Surt < Varette (East escaped)

Then, given time, North + Neptis > Varette

North empowers Varette to her full power once she gains the strength. Binds her further with a contract.

North weakens, but Varette is at her full power as Witch of the West (most powerful witch), even at full power, North + Neptis < West (Varette)

A West that is fully under her control. Who no one can counter (Even with South and East teaming up (since East was quite weakened.) 

Then there's the plan with Tasha.. though I don't know how that works really.

Edited by Lone_ant, 17 February 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#20 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

As far as the whole Tasha thing goes, Tasha has recently dreamed that he longs for Varete who happens to be his "sister" Aria's guardian. Aria has supposedly placed a curse on Tasha that will claim his life that in addition to his love for her means he will most definitely seek her out. North has obviously made Varete Aria's guardian to create and control a meeting of Verete and Tasha.

Tasha has a source of mana that seemingly only activated as of late yet he has been in contact with East since the first chapter. East also happens to have been good friends with his master Edea who, though she should been stronger, was killed by Aria. Edea is the one Witch that we know of that has spent an extended amount of time with Tasha who has clearly had his memory altered which leads me to believe she either did the altering or was fully aware of it and who or what Tasha really was. This is why Edea died, she could mess with North's plans by messing with Tasha which, in addition to Tasha's manipulated memories, makes me question whether Aria is really his sister or simply North's tool.

Now then the main point I wish to make, if Varete really is West and Tasha longs for Varete, then Tasha and her meeting must be integral to the full revival of West. What I feel is true, is that Tasha is a part of West like say her hat or simply a part of herself that escaped destruction. He could just as well be Varete's child or something like that, but then I don't see how he could be so important to North or East's plans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users