Photo

Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan] (Part 7)

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#21 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

NEW Chapter is out here's the site's link;

http://mangadoom.com...i-no-Kyojin/50/

Wrong thread =P

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Does anyone else feel this void in their Saturday or is it just me?

:(

• Tokoya and BankaiFTW like this

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#23 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

....they are the PREY and we are the HUNTERS!

I hope when Season 2 starts up the intro has does lines/lyrics again.  Needless to say this anime was one of the most intense series I have every watched.  I was fortunate enough to watch eps 1 - 18 (iirc) before starting the manga (I couldn't resist).  I continued to watch the anime as it released but by the time ep 21 came I already caught up with the manga.

Knowing what comes after the events in season 1, the wait for season 2 is going to be all the more painful.....  but it will be worth it.  

Lastly, the scenes with Mikasa in the last few eps... especially ep 24 were EPIC.  I said before in other forums/discussion, but Mikasa is literally hands down the most well crafted female character ever in the history of manga/anime.  She puts the main character to shame with her badassery and passion.  From her introduction till the present... (and there is MUCH more in the later manga chapters) this series has cemented her, in my eyes, as the BEST female manga character ever created.  Hell she puts MANY of the male MC in other series to shame.

Mind you, I have already caught up with the manga... but I didn't watch the last 3 eps in the anime (just did it a few hours ago).  So when I saw ep 24, with Mikasa confronting Erin and his inability to fight Annie...

http://i.imgur.com/0cqHiXs.gif...

pure GOLD.  Despite some ppl being (rightly) upset with the deviations the the last few episodes took from the manga.... this scene with Mikasa in ep 24 captured Mikasa "intensity perfectly.  Despite the other parts in the anime, this ONE scene in particular, really did the manga justice.  REALLY well done

edit: added gif image

You're overreacting. She's an awesome charater, but calling her the best written female character in history of manga/anime is pushing it.

• Kaidou and Ryuuhime like this

#24 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I agree with Sexy Rat, Mikasa is a great character, but far from best in history.  :huh:

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

#25 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Mikasa was cool at first but started to get annoying with her obsession with Eren. 

• Kaidou, Godpachi, kessie and 2 others like this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#26 Tainted Gene

Tainted Gene

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in South Town

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

You're overreacting. She's an awesome charater, but calling her the best written female character in history of manga/anime is pushing it.

:glare: Name me a better one....

Spoiler Best moments of Mikasa Ackerman

She IS the best crafted female character in a anime/manga.... period.  

But seriously I am just stating an OPINION, but I will find you hard pressed to find a better character in any series... especially a female character that is SO well crafted.  Unlike so MANY female leads/co-leads she is not a damsel that needs saving.... she IS the one doing the saving and kicking ass.  

Plus her intense inner "" just comes true perfectly... and is unique to her character than most other female leads.  Usually when a female has a rage moment its usually a "tsundre" type moment involving a companion OR its used for comic relief.  But Mikasa doesn't rage for the fun of it or for comic relief... in some ways she is taking traits from most MC in manga that get that badass ass moment of power to accomplish a incredible feat.  But even those other male MC fall victim to some "emo moment" or tsundre companion that constantly abuses them.   Mikasa has the respect of the entire cast/sub-cast in the world in SnK, 

Unlike MOST female characters in anime/manga, I don't view her simply as a female character.  What I mean is that when I view her character I see her accomplishments  her drive, her rage, her cold confidence, and her badassery.  

For one she is not over sexualized... AND she is still well received (both inside the series and by fans); that right there should end the discussion.  Also, when she interacts with ANY the characters in SnK, you know NO ONE is going to **** with her.  Sadly or purposely, most female characters are portrayed as having some weakness or flaw that hinders them from being that ALL round TOP character.  She is not afraid, timid, or weak... on the contrary she is just plain EPIC.  Even though she is cool, confident and an attractive female character... I see her more than just an incredible female character, I see Mikasa simply as an incredible character.

After her first encounter with death she was able to overcome and rise to a level that I fear MANY female characters from other series will never reach.   in terms of power, confidence and self determination... and the ability to make it REALITY rather than simply just wishing for it and having others achieve their dreams/goals/desires for them.  

I feel sorry for those that would even attempt to screw with her or those she cares about.   

Edited by Tainted Gene, 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM.

gf7wtg1smitl_by_geneforson-d713rt9.gif

Use the FORCE                               "Disclaimer"

"If the bogeyman attacked you during an emotional fit you wouldn't grab the closest weapon and do epic battle with it."

One Piece Predictions                                 ~ Riding Bean ~

Spoiler I/ " ....................................INHERITED WILL..................................... " /l
Spoiler // .................................SOME OF MY ARTWORK ............................... //

"...despite the circumstances they meet people, these three are ALWAYS in a mindset to laugh and party..."

#27 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

^ Uh, you should label some of those spoilers with a warning for people who haven't gone ahead with the manga.

• kessie likes this

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#28 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I hear a lot of the girls in Black Lagoon are really well constructed characters.

-Master Fu

#29 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Spoiler

Which hasn't happened yet in the anime...

I hear a lot of the girls in Black Lagoon are really well constructed characters.

:blink:

:laugh:

:lolxg:

:lmao:

Edited by Vl731, 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#30 Tainted Gene

Tainted Gene

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

:blink:

:laugh:

:lolxg:

:lmao:

lol

Are the (female) characters in Blk Lagoon really that bad?  

"If the bogeyman attacked you during an emotional fit you wouldn't grab the closest weapon and do epic battle with it."

Spoiler I/ " ....................................INHERITED WILL..................................... " /l
Spoiler // .................................SOME OF MY ARTWORK ............................... //

"...despite the circumstances they meet people, these three are ALWAYS in a mindset to laugh and party..."

#31 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

lol

Are the (female) characters in Blk Lagoon really that bad?  

To me, others may feel differently. Sure they can kick ass but I'm not sure how well constructed they are, not from what I've seen in the anime at least. I admit I still need to watch Roberta's Blood Trail, but not sure if that will change my opinion on some of the main female characters in it.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#32 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hmmmm maybe it was just that one older leader one that was well constructed..... I'm just going off what I've heard.

-Master Fu

#33 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Honestly, the only female character I know that can come somewhat close to how bad*** Mikasa is Morgiana from Magi 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#34 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

No Misaka Mikoto?

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Forgot about onee-sama...She's up there too :)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

:glare: Name me a better one....

Revy - Black Lagoon

Balalaika - Black Lagoon

Every other f*king female - Black Lagoon

Michelle K. Davis - Terra Formars

Theresa - Claymore

Yoruichi - Bleach

I'm not saying I prefer all of these over Mikasa, it's just that there are plenty of badass female characters in other anime/manga

Edited by Sexy Rat, 07 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#37 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Man,Hanji is a better character and it's in the same damn manga;

• kessie and Ryuuhime like this

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#38 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

What about the Major from Ghost in the Shell? Any of the GiTSs.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#39 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

And you have read every manga and watched every anime ever created? Lol, everything you're saying is entirely opinionated, there is no such thing as a "best character" over such a huge medium, it's entirely down to an individual...

Not that I don't think she's a good character, I think she's awesome but let's be honest at her core she's just a typical badass (which are littered throughout the manga/anime world, so her character type is nothing new) coupled with an obsession over Eren. Don't get me wrong thats not me dissing her, like I said I think she's awesome but I think you're over-reacting a bit. :lol:
  • Ryuuhime and Sexy Rat like this

#40 Tainted Gene

Tainted Gene

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

And you have read every manga and watched every anime ever created? Lol, everything you're saying is entirely opinionated, there is no such thing as a "best character" over such a huge medium, it's entirely down to an individual...

Not that I don't think she's a good character, I think she's awesome but let's be honest at her core she's just a typical badass (which are littered throughout the manga/anime world, so her character type is nothing new) coupled with an obsession over Eren. Don't get me wrong thats not me dissing her, like I said I think she's awesome but I think you're over-reacting a bit. :lol:

But seriously I am just stating an OPINION, but I will find you hard pressed to find a better character in any series... especially a female character that is SO well crafted.  Unlike so MANY female leads/co-leads she is not a damsel that needs saving.... she IS the one doing the saving and kicking ass.    

Revy - Black Lagoon

Balalaika - Black Lagoon

Every other f*king female - Black Lagoon

Michelle K. Davis - Terra Formars

Theresa - Claymore

Yoruichi - Bleach

I'm not saying I prefer all of these over Mikasa, it's just that there are plenty of badass female characters in other anime/manga

- The "badassery" of the females in Black Lagoon currently seems to be up for debate :) 

- Besides being the former no. 1, Theresa's character role focused more on being the Catalyst for the MC more than anything else.... 

- Yoruichi... I love the catwoman, but most of her claim to fan is largely due to her sexual appeal to the fans rather than any real plot/character development.  Largely she falls into the sex jokes, puns, innuendos that befalls MANY female characters in anime/manga.  Granted any gender can have the use of such tactics and still be a good character... but when it surrounds and defines their character as a main focus, then it hampers them more than it helps.

What about the Major from Ghost in the Shell? Any of the GiTSs.

I agree, Major Kusanagi is a pretty well done character.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me.... the main thing that makes a female character great in any series is when they have more to bring to the table than just sex appeal, damsel in distress,  and/or being a love interest.  In other words, they seem real.  For example, female police chief that works in a large city that supervises the entire police force is doing so by her abilities and authority earned through years of command and comradery with her men.  She is not doing it through her sex appeal.  

What I criticize as being one of the traps that most female characters fall into is being simply a pretty face.  This relates to another real world example in the realm of sportscasters... where beautiful women are placed on the side lines/court side and are task with giving interviews and analysis of the sport in question.  MOST times this comes of as incredibly disingenuous, largely because the hot sportscaster is not completely familiarly with the core concepts of the game and are only there largely due to there looks.  Whereas another, perhaps "less" attractive but more knowledgeable person, could do a better job.

When it comes to anime/manga, I feel that many characters, AND largely the female characters. are protrayed in such a way.  A pretty face to supplement lacking characterization.  Of course this does not apply to ALL female in every series... but its definitely the norm.

In the end, my argument largely surround the common notion that "beautiful women are NOT taking seriously"  by both men and women.  It's a societal concept that has been around for AGES.  Of course most ppl will pay attention to what a pretty face (man or woman) has to say... but in the end the credentials of a pretty face is taking less seriously than those of an average looking person.  This is especially prevalent in terms of pretty women... While both sexes judge things on a superficial basis the "pretty female" category is judge more on their looks than on their inner knowledge.  Even if a hot women has a PhD from MIT and tripled majors in Science, Math, and English... if she is extremely gorgeous, then ppl (again both men and women) will view her as less credible simply because she is gorgeous; Whereas a less attractive person with somewhat lesser accomplishments will be regarded more seriously..... its simply a part of human nature.

So when anime/manga characters follow the same tropes... its lessen the "character" of the individual (in my eyes).  Thus in SnK, Mikasa's character really does a great job in showing her passions, desires, achievements, and inner strength because she has been develop in such a way that THOSE are the criteria we the readers and the SnK world base her character on; and not her super duper hot looks...though it goes without saying that Mikasa is NOT an ugly person either.  

oh, in regarding another one of Sev's previous points.... yeah I due tend to over-react a bit  :whistle: 

xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users