ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Discuss the english dubbed episodes here.

Naruto is on Toonami and Shippuden is on Neon Alley.

#2 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Has anybody been watching Naruto on Toonami?

#3 DARK BEING

DARK BEING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationHERE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

So far I have some of shippuden episodes,Killer bee dubbed voice sounds good. Not going to complain about it. The last batch of episodes I got was 141 to 153.

-------------

#4 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Naruto is the #1 show on Toonami this week. It was the episode with the bell test.

Edited by ANewLight, 29 December 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#5 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Anyone know when Viz will release the next batch of dubbed episodes?

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#6 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Anyone know when Viz will release the next batch of dubbed episodes?

I did a little google search and found the next DVD volume is due to come out in the US on January 29, 2013, containing episodes 154-166. Hope that helps. :)

• Phenomiracle likes this

#7 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Naruto beat Bleach in the ratings again and is still the #1 show on toonami. Does anybody watch Shippuden on Neon Alley?

#8 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Has anybody been watching Naruto on Toonami?

I watch it quite a bita nd I laugh and enjoy watching it.. That is one fun show :D  to rewatch over and over and over lollolololololol and yea I know the ratings 

#9 hinatalover76

hinatalover76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Episodes 154- 166 can be found at http://www.watchcartoononline.com.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#10 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thanks so much!! I've been waiting forever!

Now, onto watching the episodes. Please excuse me for a few hours.  B)

ZmZNGgT.gif

#11 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Spoiler ahead.

Meh, I really don't have time, so I only watched the noteworthy parts. 

Spoiler

Wow, I've watched quite a lot.

Anyways, I'm pleased with Troy Baker's voicework as Pain. It's menacing, it's slow, and it's terrifying. He nailed every single line, and I'm very happy that he did. I had hoped that "Almighty Repulsion" would have been used instead of "Almighty Push," but Baker's execution of that line made me switch my mind completely. 

Maile Flanagan, once again, as good as Naruto as she ever was. Though, Junko Takeuchi outperforms her in the most powerful moment: When Naruto struck down Asura Path, which had charged Tsunade. Flanagan's "IS ME!" had a flatline delivery, in comparison to Takeuchi's "ORE DARO!" which was quite resounding, given that she yelled it at the top of her voice.

Tsunade was just...disappointing. Really, I've seen Mae West do a lot better, particularly in Part I and the early portion of Part II. I'm still flabbergasted as to whether it was the corny translation script, or just a lackluster effort from her. Her speech to Homura and Koharu lacked cohesiveness behind it, it was as though she had recorded every word separately and then had them connected together. Most of her voicework  in this batch of episodes lacked emotion. The only parts she managed to do well were when she confronted Pain before and after the destruction of Konoha and the flashback sequence to Part I. Everything else was just...disappointing.

Stephanie Sheh was just d'aww. The confession was quite sweet, as well as her monologue that succeeded it. 

One of the most irksome parts of this batch was the script. Yes, I can blame the Japanese and should for making it corny. However, many lines could have been translated better in English, and I was counting on Viz to do just that, since they do an excellent job in de-cornifying for most of Bleach's script. 

Overall, the dubbing in this batch is moderately good at best, in my humble and amatuer dub-watcher opinion. Nothing too spectacular about it, and asides from the corny script, Mae West's disappointing performance as Tsunade, some poor background voices, it was a decent production from Viz.

ZmZNGgT.gif

#12 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Stephanie Sheh was just d'aww. The confession was quite sweet, as well as her monologue that succeeded it.

I find Stephanie Sheh equally annoying as both Hinata and Orihime (Bleach). The only role she ever played that I liked was Kirie Kojima in Girls Bravo. Unlike the "girly girls" she plays currently, Kirie was a tomboy with a knack for beating up perverts and with professional wrestling moves.

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 16 January 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#13 hinatalover76

hinatalover76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

They changed some of the voices. I dont really like that.

#14 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Several voice actors quit Viz due to money issues.

#15 hinatalover76

hinatalover76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Several voice actors quit Viz due to money issues.

Always comes down to the money.

#16 SoulFire

SoulFire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Really? Which VAs left the show?

#17 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

David Lodge's (Jiraiya) departure is the most notable.

From what I remember, most of Naruto's main and recurring cast from Part I are still providing voice work. Bleach's dub production was hit much harder than Shippuden's by the departure (and near departure) of remarkable voice actors.

Also, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is quite annoyed that Shikamaru has a deeper voice than Shikaku, who just sounds like a drug dealer.
  • nocturnalis likes this

ZmZNGgT.gif

#18 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I find Stephanie Sheh equally annoying as both Hinata and Orihime (Bleach). The only role she ever played that I liked was Kirie Kojima in Girls Bravo. Unlike the "girly girls" she plays currently, Kirie was a tomboy with a knack for beating up perverts and with professional wrestling moves.

Would you believe that she and Neji's VA dubbed the Hents? Anyhoo, I found out about David Lodge's departure the hard way, when I heard they gave Laxus' Funimation VA his role of Kenpachi. I was happy and sad when I heard him play the main villain in Resident Evil 6.

#19 SoulFire

SoulFire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Wouldn't Lodge's departure have more to do with Jiraiya's death than anything else? Kind've difficult to voice a character who is no longer around.

#20 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Wouldn't Lodge's departure have more to do with Jiraiya's death than anything else? Kind've difficult to voice a character who is no longer around.

Nah, he left Viz altogether, nothing to do with Jiraiya dying. In fact, there's probably still flashbacks the anime would've wanted to use him in since they like filler-padding. And then there's the fact that he was the voice of Kenpachi in Bleach, which is the thing a lot of people are most upset over. He left because of money issues, apparently. Him, along with a lot of other VA's, aren't getting paid what they believe they deserve (and need to get by in life) and so are starting to walk out on Viz until they offer better wages.

• nocturnalis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users