101 replies to this topic

#1 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

jormungand.jpg

Plot Summary: The series follows Koko Hekmatyar, a young arms dealer who sells weapons under HCLI, an international shipping corporation that secretly deals in the arms trade. As one of the company's unofficial weapon dealers, she secretly sells weapons in many countries while avoiding the local authorities and law enforcement as most of her work is actually illegal under international law. Traveling with her is her team of bodyguards who are mostly composed of ex-military veterans. Her latest addition to her crew is Jonah, a seemingly emotionless child soldier who is skilled in combat yet ironically hates arms dealers. Jonah joins Koko as he wishes to find the arms dealer responsible for his family's death. What follows is Koko and her crew's escapades around the world.

#2 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Now I'm happy~

So what do you guys think about the latest episode. I've been thinking Jonah was gonna turn against Koko sooner or later at the end of the day despite what he's gone through he is still a child and there's no way a child will stand by what she's doing. This is going to make Koko go nuts though which i think will end up messing up the Jormungand plan quite a bit I'm wondering if Jonah is going to try and create a different team to bring Koko down maybe not but its all getting so epic. 

#3 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

It was pretty damn epic.

"You can't do that, Koko!"

Spoiler

#4 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

You can see Koko is barely able to handle/understand Jonah doing that.

#5 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Well, you have to understand that Jonah is Koko's morality pet. Also, anyone want to comment on that little kiss the two shared in the bath?

#6 DARK BEING

DARK BEING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationHERE

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

The kid doesn't understand the concept of sacrifice for a greater good

-------------

#7 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

But is Koko's plan really feasible?

#8 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I don't think its even that he just simply doesn't want to see anyone else die.

I was a bit weirded out by that kiss but I've kinda grown used to the way Koko is with Jonah.....well probably won't be anymore.

#9 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

I'm unsure who to ship anymore in this.

#10 DARK BEING

DARK BEING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationHERE

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Do you think that eyepatch woman would want to kill Jonah for pointing the gun at koko ?. lol

Edited by DARK BEING, 15 December 2012 - 02:23 PM.

-------------

#11 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

No because as Liar said Jonah is the only thing stopping Koko from becoming a true monster and i think she knows that. Koko needs Jonah which is why this becomes a problem.

#12 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I doubt Valmet will kill Jonah. If she ever did, Koko will become truly monstrous and have her executed out of anger. She really cares for the little guy.

#13 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm unsure who to ship anymore in this.

I'd go with Jonah x Koko X Koko's harem of brainy and somewhat sexy women.

Jonah turning on Koko like that surprised me, but I think it's mostly with how casual she seems to be about killing all those people, if they can do it in a way where so many people won't be killed he'd probably be all for it.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#14 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I think it's brilliant that all the brainy ones in this anime are sexy women.

#15 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Jonah turning on Koko like that surprised me, but I think it's mostly with how casual she seems to be about killing all those people, if they can do it in a way where so many people won't be killed he'd probably be all for it.

That surprised you its been hinting towards that for quite a while now especially with the opening speech he gives a lot.

#16 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,301 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

The kid doesn't understand the concept of sacrifice for a greater good

The greater good is just so people can fight hand-to-hand again as opposed to from remote control. That's all. Unfortunately, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#17 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Given what is going on, I have no idea how this story is going to end. Will Koko fail and die? I don't know. I think this is the first time in an anime where I can't guess what's going to happen next (or at least have an idea).

#18 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I still think there's a chance of Jonah escaping and creating his own team to take down Koko after a timeskip but that would be pretty lame.

#19 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

That surprised you its been hinting towards that for quite a while now especially with the opening speech he gives a lot.

Yes it talked about hating weapons and such in the opening, but this was a sudden change, more so after what they just talked about in the bath.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#20 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think Jonah will be convinced to continue being with Koko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users