101 replies to this topic

#41 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yup there's no doubt now the final episode will conclude the manga itself.

Gonna miss this series.

O well at least Black Lagoon is resuming. :3

yjEhBS7.png

#42 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

It would be interesting to see a crossover between Jormungand and Black Lagoon, eh? Of course, everyone will be significantly younger. Perhaps with Floyd or Kasper?

#43 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Rather not have Jormungand screwed up to place it in Black Lagoon. I like Jormungand far more then I did the Black Lagoon anime. Better story and characters.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#44 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Why would everyone be significantly younger if a crossover did happen?

yjEhBS7.png

#45 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Black Lagoon takes places in the nineties and Jormungand takes places in the 2000s.

#46 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Still doesn't change my opinion.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#47 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Black Lagoon takes places in the nineties and Jormungand takes places in the 2000s.

I'm sry my memory of the timeline for both series has been hazy at best so do you mind linking me to the episode/chapter that indicates this?

Thanks. ^_^

yjEhBS7.png

#48 NinjaShives

NinjaShives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Agh, I didn't realize until reading this thread that Jormungand would be ending so soon!  I'll definitely miss it.  Is Black Lagoon worth watching?  I've thought about trying it out.

#49 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Agh, I didn't realize until reading this thread that Jormungand would be ending so soon!  I'll definitely miss it.  Is Black Lagoon worth watching?  I've thought about trying it out.

If u liked Jormungand you'll love BL more.

yjEhBS7.png

#50 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts
  • Locationunder a sea of blankets

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Im interested in getting involved in this series, but really? Jonah hates Arms Dealers because of the Arms Dealer who killed his parents? xD What a convenient plot element.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#51 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

He is a child. It's a simplistic way of thinking, mate.

#52 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts
  • Locationunder a sea of blankets

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

Im not saying that the child is being silly, Im sayings its a convenient plot element. Hating Arms Dealers because an Arms Dealer killed your parents seems...oddly specific, and convenient in that it creates an interesting dynamic between the two main characters.

Its like...if a man who killed your parents just so happened to be a bank robber, it wouldn't make you hate bank robbers, it would just make you hate criminals in general wouldn't it?

I dont know. Just seems oddly specific and convenient to me, but maybe im missing something that the anime/manga provides.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#53 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,311 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

So this anime ends next week? That sucks man. But now at least I can watch Black Lagoon. I trust the suggestions of this thread :)

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#54 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

It would be interesting to see a crossover between Jormungand and Black Lagoon, eh? Of course, everyone will be significantly younger. Perhaps with Floyd or Kasper?

Look what I managed to dig up lol..

http://danbooru.donm.../pool/show/5723

So this anime ends next week? That sucks man. But now at least I can watch Black Lagoon. I trust the suggestions of this thread :)

Yeah.

Good cuz BL is an insanely awesome anime.

• DarkNemesis likes this

yjEhBS7.png

#55 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Oh I remember that, ha ha. That was lovely.

#56 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Im interested in getting involved in this series, but really? Jonah hates Arms Dealers because of the Arms Dealer who killed his parents? xD What a convenient plot element.

Not sure what you really mean here.

The death of Jonah's parents were an indirect cause of Kasper's doing and from there on Jonah had a deal with him in exchange for the lives of some orphans.

That is where he was transferred under Koko's care.

Oh I remember that, ha ha. That was lovely.

Indeed.

That was drawn by the author of BL btw.

I miss Revy. :(

yjEhBS7.png

#57 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'm surprised that he was able to draw Koko so well.

#58 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'm surprised that he was able to draw Koko so well.

Oops. Looks like I was mistaken LOL.

Take a look at the first page.

Presented by '高橋慶太郎'.

So I guess this could be a collaborative chapter between both authors.

yjEhBS7.png

#59 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Im not saying that the child is being silly, Im sayings its a convenient plot element. Hating Arms Dealers because an Arms Dealer killed your parents seems...oddly specific, and convenient in that it creates an interesting dynamic between the two main characters.

Its like...if a man who killed your parents just so happened to be a bank robber, it wouldn't make you hate bank robbers, it would just make you hate criminals in general wouldn't it?

I dont know. Just seems oddly specific and convenient to me, but maybe im missing something that the anime/manga provides.

Well I'm sure a dislike for criminals in general would exist but I'm sure the dislike for bankrobbers would be worse.

Jonah didn't have a very good first impression with arms dealers and then he is more or less blackmailed into working for another arms dealer.  It's not like he just hates them he'd rather not be running around being a child soldier.  It's just when in that situation and asked how he feels he's not going to say he hates war he's going to tell the arm dealer that he hates arm dealers.  It's not that big of an issue and more just serves as an interesting hook at the start and is more developed later.

It's worth giving it the benefit of the doubt and giving it a chance.

Edited by Rogue, 20 December 2012 - 07:01 AM.

Posted Image

#60 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

These last few episodes have jumped this series up into one of the best of the year...Damn..can't wait to see how it ends.

Edit: A collaborative BL/Jormungand crossover is epic....Having it reference team america makes it legendary.

Edited by Shredow, 20 December 2012 - 09:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users