VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

CHAPTER 1000! WOOOOOOOOOOO

It seems like Vorg is going to end it this round. Too bad it looks like he won't use White Fang for the finisher since Mike can completely defuse it. I wonder what this "Second Swallow" is though.

#3 tewwo

tewwo

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKabuki District

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

till now, this is one of the best fights .... i hope this second swallow wont be any bs

#4 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

till now, this is one of the best fights .... i hope this second swallow wont be any bs

Its definitely in the top 10 at least, especially since the fight is so tactical. 

#5 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Locationthe super attic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

http://www.onemanga....e-no-ippo/1001/

Raw for 1001 if anyone is interested.

• Red Haired Shanks likes this

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#6 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

http://www.onemanga....e-no-ippo/1001/

Raw for 1001 if anyone is interested.

I think I'm gonna wait till the translated version comes out. Don't wanna ruin the hype.

#7 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I'm planning to wait for the moment but seeing as the chapters have been released in groups of three or four with large gaps in between I'll probably get impatient and read it within the week.

Posted Image

#8 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Crossing fingers that he wins. Tired of the stalling with each chapter. God if side characters get this much coverage, just wonder what Ippo fight gonna be like during the championships.

#9 Smoker

Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Crossing fingers that he wins. Tired of the stalling with each chapter. God if side characters get this much coverage, just wonder what Ippo fight gonna be like during the championships.

Hope Vorg wins but Ippo changes his mind about the fight or changes his approach to the champion.

"You and I are not in the same league, Swine"

#10 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Hope Vorg wins but Ippo changes his mind about the fight or changes his approach to the champion.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Vorg and Ippo are not in the same weight class anymore so the outcome of this fight doesn't affect who Ippo will fight in the future.

Also I don't really think Ippo is really looking at the champion right now. He is much too humble to think he can fight Ricardo.

Posted Image

#11 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Yup It looks like the perfect opportunity for the second swallow a.k.a the right hand to come in. Sort of like the White Fang, but its probably going to be a bit different. 

This just shows how much Volg has grown as a boxer to be able to push the world champion to such an extent. He's 100% going to win too. 

Looks like he'll be the first among the three to become a world champion. I'm guessing this will drive Ippo to train harder and win his next match.

#12 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

In the last panel you can see the second swallow already. He modfied the punch he was hammering the champion with so the champ would think it was the same punch until the last second and he would have to put his all into guarding there in time freeing up Volg from guarding and drawing attention to the "tracer".

The second swallow just looks like an incoming hook to the face in the last panel. lol

Posted Image

#13 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

In the last panel you can see the second swallow already. He modfied the punch he was hammering the champion with so the champ would think it was the same punch until the last second and he would have to put his all into guarding there in time freeing up Volg from guarding and drawing attention to the "tracer".

The second swallow just looks like an incoming hook to the face in the last panel. lol

Now that I look at it again it does sorta look like a hook. I thought it would be a downwards punch because of the way that swallows fly, they tend to do dives mid air and bring themselves back up. So I was thinking that it would be a downwards punching resembling the diving part. 

I guess we'll have to see how it plays out next chapter. : /

#14 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Now that I look at it again it does sorta look like a hook. I thought it would be a downwards punch because of the way that swallows fly, they tend to do dives mid air and bring themselves back up. So I was thinking that it would be a downwards punching resembling the diving part. 

I guess we'll have to see how it plays out next chapter. : /

Something along those lines is probably true considering it will be a "tracer" or a swallow punch of some kind. I was just commenting on how it looked from where volg was starting the punch.

Posted Image

#15 Rayman

Rayman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Location505

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Well, I was expecting the champ to take a hit this chapter. Actually, I was expecting it at chapter 1000, but whatever XD
I enjoyed the chapter though, this fight has been great.

#16 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

This is a fight that is going to be awesome, when you're able to read it in one sitting. i have to keep reminding myself of that. Well, if Vorg can get such a great fight, maybe it will be Ippo's turn next. Tired of his opponents having damn near supernatural attributes.

#17 Smoker

Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Vorg and Ippo are not in the same weight class anymore so the outcome of this fight doesn't affect who Ippo will fight in the future.

Also I don't really think Ippo is really looking at the champion right now. He is much too humble to think he can fight Ricardo.

Simple Vorg wins his current bout. Seeing the world stage Ippo comes to the fact he needs more preperation in order to win against Ricardo and goes the long way on the route to the champ. Last time he tried the fast way to champion he lost (vs Date).

#18 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Simple Vorg wins his current bout. Seeing the world stage Ippo comes to the fact he needs more preperation in order to win against Ricardo and goes the long way on the route to the champ. Last time he tried the fast way to champion he lost (vs Date).

I get it I guess. I don't think there is any easy way to the champ. Competition gets tougher at the world stage. Unless Ippo decided to try for the other champ first WBC instead of WBA.

Posted Image

#19 Smoker

Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

I get it I guess. I don't think there is any easy way to the champ. Competition gets tougher at the world stage. Unless Ippo decided to try for the other champ first WBC instead of WBA.

That could also happen since many of those guys ran from Ricardo so finishing them off could make a nice statement.

Btw- Nice Vorg Amv here

Edited by Smoker, 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#20 Nemrut

Nemrut

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Manga still going fine although I really wish there would be an end in sight and it really feels as if it can go on for another 500 chapters but I don't really mind. Manga has many awesome characters who deserve the screentime for their cool fights. Have to say, this manga is full with great rivalries and makes me curious to how they will develop over time.

Posted Image

Signature Done By isacchi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users