178 replies to this topic

#81 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Wild theory...

- Doranbolt is actually a member of the Magic Council's Intelligence Corp working directly under the Archmage

- Jiemma, Minerva, Ultear, Cobra, and members of Raven Tail are now team led by Doranbolt or Ivan. 

#82 ~Sal~

~Sal~

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Locationnoitacol

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Minerva will resurrect / give her power Ultear before she dies 

#83 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Just like I thought after the end of the tournament FT got several requests, that was very predictable.

I hoped that there would be so much request that for which to respond to all Fairy Tail would have formed tag team, in that case I would hoped to see Lluvia and Gray works together.

In the truth I would be happy if Lluvia would have joined the main team permanently.

Infact I really don’t like that aside from few arcs Lluvia is not in the main group, infact she participated in the tower of Paradise (before of her joining), in the fight against Luxus and the Raijin Tribe (but I don’t consider it since in that arc almost all the member of Fairy Tail got a role, even if the majority only for few pages), but then she disappeared for two arc, against OS and in the Edolas arc.

I can accept against OS, since they said at the beginning that she had another mission (beside that she did not participated since there was even Lyon, and meeting him would have avoided the fact that Lyon fell in love after the time skip), but in Edolas there are not any excuse, beside that I think that would be quite funny to see how she would have reacted to the avanches of the Gray of Edolas and even to how Gray and the Lluvia of Edolas would have reacted to it.

Another thing that I don’t like is that at the opposite since she joined the guild Wendy is present in every arc, even if she is at least for me the most boring character, even more boring than Lucy.

But what I don’t like the most is that Lluvia is not present even when they are not in the mission, for example when they went to go on the dragon graveyard in chapter 301 or when they returned to Magnolia in chapter 339.

For example I really hoped that she would join them to this mission, in this case She could support Gray, She could give him some courage since this mission could be difficult to him, since just like happened in chapter 343 he could remember his past.

Anyways I think it is quite natural that Gray thought about Urtear, since he saw the giant frozen has immediately remember Deliora, to him he thought about Ur and obviously he thought about Urtear (anyways I am not so sure that Urtear really died).

I really would like if in the case Flare will really join Fairy Tail She could go in the main group (in the truth after this chapter there is a tiny possibility that Flare could form a team with Lluvia and Cana, even if it is unlikely).

In this case She could be in the main group as a friend between Lucy (for what happened in chapter 341 and previously) or for Erza, since both of them have red hair.

In this case counting that Wendy is connected with Natsu (both of them are dragonslayer and both of them have a cat), then I think that would be great if all the member of the original group (Lucy, Erza, Natsu and Gray) will have a partner with them, for Natsu as I said will be Wendy, for Gray will be Lluvia, for Lucy will be one between Flare, Yukino (in the truth I hope that she will decide to stay with MH or Sabertooth) or even Cana (since she is the only one that for now is not in a team), while for Erza as I said could have Flare or Minerva (this depends from what will happened in the next chapters), but perhaps she could wait until the end of the manga and have Gerard (most likely even Meldy will join the group).

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#84 Acnologia

Acnologia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLooking for answers I'll never get.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Some wild speculations/theories:

the reason Natsu and Gajeel (this might include the other "legit" Dragon Slayers - Wendy, Sting & Rogue) couldn't pass through the barrier of magic runes that restricted 80+ years individuals to pass is because they were sent from the past through the use of Eclipse by Zeref himself, on the day he "discovered the weight/importance of life. We know for a fact that passing through the gate of Eclipse leaves a trace on the traveler.

It's possible that the magic runes either detected remnant of that ancient magic still stuck on them and thus impeded the passage, or that it detected that the bodies themselves belonged to another era, and thus were recognized as "older that 80 years". 

This could also be the reason why Zeref recognized Natsu.

Also - and this is really a nutty idea and I laugh at myself for saying it - the reason Zeref was expecting Natsu to be able to destroy his immortal body is that Natsu is the biological son of Acnologia, back when Acnologia was still a human and not yet a complete dragon.

Edited by Acnologia, 16 July 2013 - 02:20 PM.

• azer_moli and Phenomiracle like this

Never forget @ Satan

PnxeAX8.jpg

"Uwaaa! IchiRuki no namida! Oishiiiiiiiiii" - Tite Kubo

#85 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

The dragons are actually descendants of the legendary Ancient Stellar Spirit, Draco. A long, long time ago, he was banished from the Spirit World for having gone to the Human World and formed a relationship with a human - either an ancestor of Lucy or Layla's, her mother, previous incarnation. The resulting child was a human/dragon hybrid who either could alter between both forms at will or turned into a dragon completely after reaching a certain age. Since Draco was now banished from his home world and was slowly dying, he decided to "spread his genes" all over the world (so as to not let his child be alone/not bet on the off chance that his one offspring dies), essentially giving birth to Dragons as we know them. One of these children (possibly the first one) was Zeref himself. His aging process, being a 1st generation human/dragon (celestial spirit) hybrid, was delayed:

3 months/90 days (Human World) -> 1 day (Celestial Spirit World)

1 day -> 1/90 of a day = 16 minutes

1 year -> 16 * 365 = 5840 minutes = 4.05 days

400 years -> 4.05 * 400 = 1622 days = 4.44 years

Who knows how old he actually is.

Now, both Natsu and Gajeel are considered to be "over 80 years old" (by regular human standards, probably, since Freed was the one who set up the magic), yes?

The reason for that could be either because of their magic, which bestows upon them a dragon-like constitution (that is, it "emulates" the primary characteristics of Draco) and, thus, creates a stronger connection with Celestial Spirits or because they are two examples of actual descendants of dragons (Wendy is a mystery so far).

@Acnologia: It's very possible that Natsu is the forgotten (becoming a dragon will most likely change how you think) son of Acnologia, taken care of for a long time (400+ years) by Zeref until the latter decided to seclude himself on Tenrou Island, the former being found by Igneel shortly after (400 years -> 4,4 years, remember?) and being raised until he was 10 (having only a small fraction of Dracon's DNA, his "delayed aging" slowly faded away). Zeref, noticing that Acnologia had a son, wanted to raise Natsu (inside whom he noticed a huge untapped potential) into someone capable of defeating him (one of the "Elder Dragons", representing "death").

Natsu having Draco's DNA could also be the reason for having survived going through the Celestial Spirit World while holding onto Virgo during the Everlue arc.

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 19 July 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#86 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

okay I've been reading Rave Master and I've noticed

Let = Plotsu

Gray = Silver

Ellie = a like able version of Lucy

Rusty Rose = Hardner

Shuda = Azuma

Plue = Plue

that blue slime = a less annoying version of Erza

Seig = that ugly guy who got beat by Midnight

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#87 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

Just like I thought after the end of the tournament FT got several requests, that was very predictable.

I hoped that there would be so much request that for which to respond to all Fairy Tail would have formed tag team, in that case I would hoped to see Lluvia and Gray works together.

In the truth I would be happy if Lluvia would have joined the main team permanently.

Infact I really don’t like that aside from few arcs Lluvia is not in the main group, infact she participated in the tower of Paradise (before of her joining), in the fight against Luxus and the Raijin Tribe (but I don’t consider it since in that arc almost all the member of Fairy Tail got a role, even if the majority only for few pages), but then she disappeared for two arc, against OS and in the Edolas arc.

I can accept against OS, since they said at the beginning that she had another mission (beside that she did not participated since there was even Lyon, and meeting him would have avoided the fact that Lyon fell in love after the time skip), but in Edolas there are not any excuse, beside that I think that would be quite funny to see how she would have reacted to the avanches of the Gray of Edolas and even to how Gray and the Lluvia of Edolas would have reacted to it.

Another thing that I don’t like is that at the opposite since she joined the guild Wendy is present in every arc, even if she is at least for me the most boring character, even more boring than Lucy.

But what I don’t like the most is that Lluvia is not present even when they are not in the mission, for example when they went to go on the dragon graveyard in chapter 301 or when they returned to Magnolia in chapter 339.

For example I really hoped that she would join them to this mission, in this case She could support Gray, She could give him some courage since this mission could be difficult to him, since just like happened in chapter 343 he could remember his past.

Anyways I think it is quite natural that Gray thought about Urtear, since he saw the giant frozen has immediately remember Deliora, to him he thought about Ur and obviously he thought about Urtear (anyways I am not so sure that Urtear really died).

I really would like if in the case Flare will really join Fairy Tail She could go in the main group (in the truth after this chapter there is a tiny possibility that Flare could form a team with Lluvia and Cana, even if it is unlikely).

In this case She could be in the main group as a friend between Lucy (for what happened in chapter 341 and previously) or for Erza, since both of them have red hair.

In this case counting that Wendy is connected with Natsu (both of them are dragonslayer and both of them have a cat), then I think that would be great if all the member of the original group (Lucy, Erza, Natsu and Gray) will have a partner with them, for Natsu as I said will be Wendy, for Gray will be Lluvia, for Lucy will be one between Flare, Yukino (in the truth I hope that she will decide to stay with MH or Sabertooth) or even Cana (since she is the only one that for now is not in a team), while for Erza as I said could have Flare or Minerva (this depends from what will happened in the next chapters), but perhaps she could wait until the end of the manga and have Gerard (most likely even Meldy will join the group).

Gajeel and Elfman aren't on the main team either.

Mashima may reorgnize the other teams during this arc or the next. 

Strauss siblings, the lightining tribe, and other teams might get reorganized.  Fairy Tail B from the games may become a permanent team.

#88 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I will write what will happened in the next arc, what Tartaros wants to do and even what will do Flare and Minerva (even if for the latter only briefly).
I am surprised only a little bit from Flare appearance, infact even other thought that there was the possibility that Flare would have followed Lucy, help her and the other and then join Fairy Tail.
Anyways I hope that already in the next chapter they will already fight the trio of “treasure hunters”. Infact I believe that Flare could steal thanks to her hair the rifle of the sniper, infact she could put her hair underground and then steal the rifle, in a similar way to when She threatened Asuka’s life in the tournament (even if perhaps Lucy or Wendy will do something to distract the sniper.
After that Flare could use the rifle against the others two “treasure hunter” or even better she will be able to steal even the others weapons, then Wendy and Lucy will be able to defeat the other opponents, since they will not have anymore protection.

Regarding for the mark of Flare is that of a dark guild.
I think this because that mark is not that of any guild that participated at the final part of the “Dragon king Festival”, and that is not even the mark of “Twilight Ogre” http://www.mangaread...airy-tail/257/7.
Beside that I think that the mark that Flare has on her chest is quite similar to that of Minerva.
For this reason even if there is a small possibility that Flare followed Lucy I believe that she went there for take the “Eternal Flame”.
I believe infact that Tartaros wants to take the Eternal Flame (in the truth I believe there are few things like that, something special of every element (even if I don’t remember how much type of element there are), for open the Door of the Hell (I don’t know if they want to bring back the dead to life or in a way if they want to kill every humans).
I believe that in someway these thing are very similar to the key that GH wanted to gain (anyways I will write in detail of that later, when I will write about Minerva).
For now I believe in the second scenario, because I believe that they are creatures created of Zereff, so they will follow Zereff will (for this reason they have not done anything until now, because they wanted to wait Zereff’s order).
I think that Tartaros are using the dark guild that are under their control for retrieve this “things”, perhaps they promised that who could retrieve this things would have became a member of Tartaros.

Anyways I believe that as she even said it herself in this chapter Minerva will be able to climb the ranking and became an official member of Tartaros, but at the opposite I don’t think that She will be able to do the same, at the opposite I believe that after this arc She will join FT, she will join the main team.
I don’t know what could happened, She could leave her new guild immediately by her own free will (in this case She will fight that guild later together with the others member of Fairy Tail).
But in the truth my best scenario would be that since She failed her mission, that dark guild would discharge her, afer most likely torture her.
In this case She could arrive to Fairy Tail guild or if she know near Lucy’s apartment, but even better if someone (most likely Lucy) would find her by change in Magnolia’s town, a scene similar to when in One Piece Nami found Usopp after that he was defeated by Frankie http://www.mangaread...hapter-328.html http://www.mangaread...hapter-328.html.
Obviously after her joining She will tell the plan of Tartaros, and then there will be few team (I would like that the teams will have member of different guilds) that will go to the various place in which are located these “elemental things/object”.

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#89 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

After reading the latest chapter and seeing Flare is here to stay for this arc, we will for sure see more members of Sccubus Eye. I predict Narpudding and Kurohebi are now members of Sccubus Eye. Like Minerva, they seem more like the dark guild. And I would ship Minerva and Kurohebi, they seemed perfect for each other.

#90 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Flare's tattoo is actually a magic seal like Cana's.   She can use special Giant magic similar Fairy Law and Fairy Fire.

The eternal flame is likely tied to whatever is hidden under Fairy Tail's guild hall.  There may other flames or artifacts attended to by mythical creatures.   Mermaids?  Minotaurs?  Exceed?  Elves?  Dwarves?

The human flame may be guarded by an ancient cult or something, if humans have their own.

#91 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I do think there must be a reason Ivan desbanded Raven Tail, besides maybe finding out he was Zereff's puppet all along, I am thinking Lexus words had an effect on him, the part of maybe deep down Makarov still believes in you. So he is probably going to turn good, and be the next Jude Heartfilla, and end up dying protecting Lexus. As we found in the side chapter, RT were not arrested, just thown out of the games, so if they are not arrested, I doubt the magic count desolved them like they did Phantom, this had to be volunterrly.

That is kind of what I wanted with Jude, for him to die protecting Lucy, I guess this will do.

Edited by Magic Man, 21 August 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#92 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

so,after thinking a bit,i noticed a bit of a naming motif here.Atlas Flame,whose name comes from the Titan Atlas,is the sacred flame of a village of titans/giants :P

moreover,Atlas in mythology was condemned to support the sky.now,here Atlas Flame is supporting the sun's village,which if you look at it in a metaphorical way,the sun's "village" is the sky :hurr:

anyways,Atlas in mythology tricked Hercules into supporting the heavens before he gave him the golden apples.here Natsu "supported" the Sun's village by awaking the flames.not saying that its so symbolic,but i have a few ideas here.

1)like in the myth,Atlas Flame was punished into being the Eternal Flame.either by Igneel,or Acnologia,or another Dragon King.

2)according to the myths,Atlas was connected to the garden of the golden apple.which was guarded by a dragon.so,next arc could be something loosely based on this concept.

3)in mythology,the labor of finding the golden apples is sometimes mixed up with another one as Hercules's last labors.the other one is the descend to the underworld to find Cerberus.so the next arc could be based once again,to a similar concept,no 3 headed dogs included :P

Edited by alekos23, 26 September 2013 - 09:07 AM.

• azer_moli and Phenomiracle like this

#93 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

theory on how DeS works:lets see.Demons are Living Magic.its likely that Demon Slaying can cancel out magic,hence Natsu's flames not working.This also has the effect of being super effective on the demons,since it nullifies them.

of course,the canceling out likely has limits,its damagable by physical hits,as the treasure guys showed,and some higher levels of magic overcome it,as Atlas showed.

though i think Natsu could've melted the ice,but he'd have to go as overkill as he did on the flame to light it.he'd probably kill the giants if he did that :P

#94 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Who's up for Gray becoming a Demon Slayer?

#95 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Demon slayers are holy mages/paladins.   And Makarov is already one of them.  Mages who use light based magic are capable of smiting demons... my guess.   Makarov, Lucy, and Jellal all use demon slaying magic.  Lucy's mother was one of them.

Demon slayers were likely the first mages. 

Wizards who use dark magic against demons are likely called something else.  Mirajane uses dark magic, what is she?

Edited by nosebleed, 30 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#96 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

What's sad is the fact that the Raijinshu are quite a bit weaker than Laxus, even though they are supposed to be his "guards". I don't expect them to be as strong as him or anything, but I'm using this point to develop another idea - 

Perhaps, they should develop a "fusion ha" tech. I have no idea what it would look like, but I'm sure Mashima could make something out of it.  :D

Fanservice FTW. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#97 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

The 2 known "God Slayers" are going to be super effective against the 9 demons.  

Chelia is likely trained to fight Tempesta.
Natsu swallowed the black flames that Zancrow cast.  He may be able to recreate them.

God slayers will be renamed demon slayers.

Mirajane will kill one of the 9 and absorb their power.

#98 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Mirajane will kill one of the 9 and absorb their power.

Probably Kyouka, whose magic I believe could be called "Chimera Soul", where she can not only "compose" her body with parts from different creatures, but also do the same to others (this has the unfortunate side-effect of reducing any who don't resist this transformation to black deflated dolls).

#99 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Kyouka harbors a deep hatred and jealousy  for Ur, because she had feelings for Silver.

#100 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Waging total war on humans?

We're either looking at another guild alliance to stand off against Tartaros or some sort of apocalyptic event in which the sizable portion of the country is ravaged, with a handful of Fiore's elite surviving and pulling through to mount some sort of counterattack.

Dear God, how I hope this happens. Would have fit the comrade survivalist narrative extremely well had Mashima decided to kill of Makarov at Tenrou, allowing the core group to escape Acnologia. 

zeldadanceresize.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users