369 replies to this topic

#361 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, I don't think Yukio shot him but his angst is still annoying af  :<_<:

Sometime soon, I think I'll reread Ao no Exorcist from the beginning in order to 1) maybe regain the hype I had for it by reading the chapters in bulk and 2) try to find out what the hell has been going on since the Impure King arc.

I've read my fair share of monthly manga, but I've never struggled this much in keeping track of what's going on. I vaguely remember the zombie arc and then the mini arc with Shura? Is that all that's happened since?

#362 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

Even if he didn't shoot, the fact he had his his gun out ready to shoot when not in combat makes the difference.

Yeah, I don't think Yukio shot him but his angst is still annoying af :<_<:

Sometime soon, I think I'll reread Ao no Exorcist from the beginning in order to 1) maybe regain the hype I had for it by reading the chapters in bulk and 2) try to find out what the hell has been going on since the Impure King arc.

I've read my fair share of monthly manga, but I've never struggled this much in keeping track of what's going on. I vaguely remember the zombie arc and then the mini arc with Shura? Is that all that's happened since?

Zombie arc was important cause of back stories and hidden allegiance. I don't recall any major epic moments, which is strange

There was a recent arc with Shugo and Lighting exploring the origin of Father Fumio, current Paladin, Mephisto, and other demon kings.

I wouldn't call it a lack of events, but rather event plot development take part during slights of life moments

#363 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Wow, so Yukio's powers aren't coming from his heritage but something else? Or is Mephisto just fuckin with him? I'm so confused lol. If they're not from Satan, where the hell are they from?

#364 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Wow, so Yukio's powers aren't coming from his heritage but something else? Or is Mephisto just fuckin with him? I'm so confused lol. If they're not from Satan, where the hell are they from?

Mother?

#365 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

Chapter 95

I actually read this a few days ago when it came out but forgot to post something about it. Not much happened. It's confirmed through Shura that Yukio did not shoot Mephisto so there's someone else who did so in order to open the artificial Gehenna gate. When was the last time we saw Amamon(?), his brother? Or what's Lucifer up to?

Yukio is still silent and brooding, but maybe Rin can get some answers out of him.

Random thought but since in the world of Ao no Exorcist demons exist, do you think we'll get to see angels come to play? I mean, in the Bible, Lucifer is a fallen angel so there is context to bring in angels. Also, with the mystery surrounding Rin and Yukio' s birth in addition to Yukio's powers, maybe their mother was an angel/descendant of angels or something. So the union between Satan and an angel made them into a weird, supernatural hybrid with each twin getting a separate aspect of the parents' supernatural power?  :mellow:

Edited by Fenrix, 04 December 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#366 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

Random thought but since in the world of Ao no Exorcist demons exist, do you think we'll get to see angels come to play? I mean, in the Bible, Lucifer is a fallen angel so there is context to bring in angels. Also, with the mystery surrounding Rin and Yukio' s birth in addition to Yukio's powers, maybe their mother was an angel/descendant of angels or something. So the union between Satan and an angel made them into a weird, supernatural hybrid with each twin getting a separate aspect of the parents' supernatural power? 

I say no.

Remember we are presented with 2 worlds: Human and Gehenna.

Where would Angels reside if not Gehenna? it gave impression of Satan as ultimate being of Gehenna.

Angels tend to exist if Demons are presented as ultimate evil to be ultimate "good".

However, Demons are not presented as ultimate evil, but rather beings from a different world, and not implied to have an opposite. 

Beside, we already seen a few demons that are based on angels. 

#367 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Chapter 96

Chapter 97

Spoiler

Edited by Fenrix, 08 February 2018 - 12:13 PM.

#368 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

It's getting harder and harder to like Yukio, not that I ever liked him  much   
But his eye power seem cool.

Is it really Eye Power?

Seem like Satan is able to borrow his body, but Yukio has control over said body.

#369 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Chapter 98

Chapter 99

Overall, I feel like this manga is just a bunch of build up resulting in disappointing resolutions which is sad because it was  a really good read in the beginning  :(

Since next chapter is the big 100, I'm looking forward to any revelations that will be made surrounding Rin and Yukio's birth.

Edited by Fenrix, 24 March 2018 - 12:39 AM.

#370 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

Chapter 100

This was a surprisingly good chapter  :o

Very interested in learning more about the birth behind Rin and Yukio. The twins' mom is cute and young Fujimoto is quite something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users