Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yay for more Rin x Eyebrows. :aww:

I still prefer Shima x Izumo, but her and Rin aren't bad either. <3 He makes her tsun more than Shima ever could.

After what the anime did, I actually like Shima x Paku.

tumblr_lqaz1bVs1z1qib48go1_500.gif

This manga is moving at such a snails pace it's frustrating. If it's not breaks it's the fact that it's monthly. 

Hurry up and make this ***** weekly already, it feels like we are getting nowhere. 

The Festival was something that we were told about a few chapters back. All attention has gone into developing characters before the plot thickens with some subtly thrown relevant details here and there throughout this little slice-of-life story. Unless you read this for the fights/action scenes (which are rather dull), I'm not sure what the problem is. We were warned about a slow pacing three months ago.

With Takara finally showing a glimpse of his true nature, I'm happy to see that we have something to look forward to next chapter.

• LoneWolfStark likes this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#62 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Glad I didn't watch the anime then. Jk, from what I did see, it looked really good. Loved the animation style and first OP. All I'm wary about is the Gecko Ending. 

I prefer Shima and Izumo more because they're like an opposites attract case. I usually don't go for that kind of chemistry, but when it's done right, it's done really right. Like I said, I don't mind Rin either, they have cute moments together and Rin's a rare likable shounen protagonist. Better than him getting with Shiemi. 

Gotta agree about the pacing. If you're in this manga for the fights and plot, you're in it for the wrong reasons. This is a very character-driven manga. And honestly, I love the slow pacing because it gives us time for the characters to breathe and interact/develop/have moments/etc. Better than the breakneck speed Soul Eater moved the last 30-40 chapters. 

• azer_moli, Phenomiracle and kessie like this

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

#63 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

I haven't read Ao No Exorcist since they were fighting that sea creature.  Have things gotten more interesting since then?

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#64 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

There's been an introduction of a demon conspiracy that Toudou is a part of, and we've been getting more glimpses at Mephisto's plan. Aside from that, it's just been the Esquires solving mysteries around the school caused by ghosts and demons, and now we're at a school festival/dance. If you're looking for something active and exciting, then you probably shouldn't come back. It's been mostly slice of life. 

• Ajh77 likes this

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

#65 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

This chapter was better than previous recent ones have been, and it looks like stuff will finally be happening! Woot! Thank goodness. I'm interested in the characters and everything so I honestly don't mind the festival thing, but I'm not to into the whole love triangle thing with Rin, Shiemi, and Yukio. It's gotten old. If Rin has to be shipped with Shiemi, I think Rin should move on, be awesome, and then get Shiemi to like him because she sees he's awesome. Like the HarryxGinny thing in HP. Ginny had this crush, backed off, and just let Harry figure out that she was awesome on his own, and now they have three kids. :D I'd prefer Rin end up with Izumo though if I have to pick any of the female characters we've been introduced to thus far. Though I'd prefer it if a new female character who was awesome, not a tsundere, and not a moe flower child showed up and ended up with him.

While talking about things I'd like to happen.... are we ever going to see the supposed main antagonist again? It's been what? 45 chapters since we last saw him? What's he doing? Sulking in Gehenna cuz Shiro kamikaze sabotaged his child abduction plan? Raging and burning some minor demons to death? Fishing in some brimstone lake? Taking a nap? Applying make-up? Seriously though.... xD

Edited by kessie, 27 July 2013 - 09:48 PM.

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#66 Broken

Broken

San'ou

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationWhere the Chelly Brossoms Wilt

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yay for more Rin x Eyebrows. :aww:

After what the anime did, I actually like Shima x Paku.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqaz1b...

The Festival was something that we were told about a few chapters back. All attention has gone into developing characters before the plot thickens with some subtly thrown relevant details here and there throughout this little slice-of-life story. Unless you read this for the fights/action scenes (which are rather dull), I'm not sure what the problem is. We were warned about a slow pacing three months ago.

With Takara finally showing a glimpse of his true nature, I'm happy to see that we have something to look forward to next chapter.

The problem I have is that the cast is very likable and the plot (when available) is very interesting. It just takes so long for anything to happen, what with one pointless task after another, and I can't say that the romantic aspect is entertaining because it's all typical ham-fisted cheese, so I find myself rolling my eyes half the time. 

It's like, "get on with it already, for crying out loud." Lol. 

I like all the subtly thrown into each chapter since it's about the only thing keeping me wanting more, but at the same time, I just can't handle a monthly release. Perhaps if it was weekly this wouldn't be such a bother, but you wait month to watch kids drool all over each other and it sucks. 

captainkuchiki.png

.|Tag & Icon by Me|.

#67 frogfu79

frogfu79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

I forgot what the Illuminati are. Can somebody remind me?

I think Todou was with them or something.

#68 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Has anybody seen the spoilers? 

Spoiler

#69 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Has anybody seen the spoilers? 

Spoiler

I'm confused..... what are you talking about? Spoilers? Isn't the chapter already out..... like a few days ago?

-Master Fu

#70 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'm confused..... what are you talking about? Spoilers? Isn't the chapter already out..... like a few days ago?

Translations are like a month behind. I mean the new spoilers.

Spoiler

#71 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Spoiler

OMG send me a link friend!!

-Master Fu

#72 frogfu79

frogfu79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

There are new spoilers?

#73 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I saw them on 4chan. Don't know where I would be able to find them. They should be up regular hosting websites soon enough though.

#74 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#75 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Shredow, 04 August 2013 - 05:58 PM.

• ANewLight likes this

#76 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Spoiler

What kind of subtle hints?

Spoiler

-Master Fu

#77 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Spoiler

#78 frogfu79

frogfu79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

I decided not to look at those spoilers.

Anyone know when the new chapter is gonna be out?

#79 Mordzart

Mordzart

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_mhw2hgCzLf1qbdumgo1_500.gif

#80 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

What kind of subtle hints?

Spoiler

Read the spoiler, not surprised.  It goes down like this in crime dramas.  The mole, traitor is always the guy...

Spoiler

Will the traitor be an actual traitor?  There is a chance the traitor could be a double agent.   He sounds like the Judas type, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users