Oh, would you look at this.
We have customers.
Don't worry, I won't demand equal payment.
1/ What is the story behind your username?
2/ What is it about OMF that keeps you here?
3/ How does a normal night spent with your friends usually go?
4/ How would you describe yourself in 10 words?
5/ How would you describe yourself in 100 words?
1. Back in 2004, much like the other stupid children, I got into the hottest MMORPG at the time, known as RuneScape. While my entire class was busy killing cows, making money, and gaining levels, I was the vain person who sat for hours behind the sign-in screen, wondering what to call my character. Eventually, I settled with ‘Phenomiracle,’ resolving my fourth-grade logic to fuse ‘phenomenon’ and ‘miracle’ together. I’ve used that name for everything ever since. And I mean everything. A simple Google search (Don’t do it) should let you know what I’ve been up to.
2. The yummy people. The friends I’ve made, the discussions I’ve read. Also, while I enjoyed 2.0 (I’m one of the newer people, joined up in summer of 2012), the smaller community here makes me feel much more at home.
3. With very close friends: dinner at a fancy restuarant, a visit to the mosque if we're feeling religious, and then video games/movie at one of our houses. Relatively quiet for a normal night.
4. Ah, the ten word question. See the 100 word answer.
5. A nineteen-year-old power-hungry selfish fool who needs a hard smack upside the head, my dad says. All in all, I'm a middle child in a large family who expects much from self and others. Aside from my own goals, I seek to please others who please me, to offer generosity and kindness to those who don't know me, to learn from those who inspire me, and occasionally scratch my head along the way.
Meh. 73 words. But it's enough.
The phenomenal Phenomiracle finally gets his own thread http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xe...
Have a few questions here for you bro, if you don't feel like answering feel free to ignore http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xe...
1) Fav aspect of your personality?
2) Least fav aspect of your personality?
3) Fav part of your body?
4) Fav movies?
5) First and current impressions of The JoE Escobar? http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xe...
Good ol' Joe. We should talk moar.
1. Motivation. My desire for success keeps me waking at 6 am every day.
2. Rudeness. As most people up here already know, I'm quick to resorting to a caustic and belittling tone in my posts. I would try to adjust, but I really can't be Sev or soccerislife type nice. Doesn't fit my persona too well.
3. My legs. Years of martial arts, football training, and freerunning have done them well. My face is a very close second.
4. A Few Good Men, Die Hard: With a Vengeance, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Props to you if you can sit through the last one without crying.
OMF's resident thugCurrent:
The demigod every boy must hold a ten minute conversation with in order for him to finish his growth to manhood
1. Standing height?
2. First and current impressions of me?
3. What kind of music do you usually listen to?
4. Guilty pleasures?
1. Don’t know whether to be pleased you remembered or to question your priorities.
5’10”. Same as Spamamdorf, Sev, Acidrain, Raiden, and Scorpion2k4u. I'm slightly taller than The Witcher, and slightly shorter than RamenRenegade. I ask people their height because I'd like to imagine interacting with them while we stand. Nice to have a mental image. Knowing what they look like in real life helps plenty.
Forum socialite, probably a dummy Current:
Astute, witty, and highly entertaining to interact with and observe. Still a dummy tho.
3. Tracks of all types, from video game/anime OST to movie scores. I love listening that emotionally moves me, whether its through sadness, anger, or excitement. Basil Poledaris's Riders of Doom
is the best piece of movie orchestra ever composed.
Though I would be remiss to say that I don't enjoy listening to one or two Hindi songs from now and then. Ye Ishq Hai
takes the cake here. So f**king catchy, even though I don't understand some of it.
4. Nintendogs, back in the day. I was the only one in my family and circle of friends who spent hours interacting with my virtual dog. Sold that ***** eventually, but it was fun while lasted. Currently, it'd be Clannad (in the VN), reading the occasional fanfic.
Oh, and Armin Arlert's hairstyle.
Just look at it. Flowing so majestically. It's a statement in itself, something so glorious existing in a world full of darkness.
haven't done one of these in a few weeks...
1) You are driving down the road, minding your own business, not really paying attention. Then you hear the whirr of a siren, there is a police car behind you, gesturing for you to pull over... What do you think the reason is that he is he pulling you over?
2) You are in an aeroplane, minding your own business, not really paying attention... actually dozing off a little. Suddenly, the plane shakes with turbulence, and wakes you out of your sleep. You look around the cabin, and no one is there, Sure, there is a half eaten meal beside you, still steaming hot... the drinks trolley crashes into the wall with a loud crash, the place seems like people were just there, that everyone vanished. A sickening feeling comes over you, and you get out of your seat and rush the cockpit to find it empty, both controls broken, the altimeter, ticking downwards, ever so slowly... you are crashing. You look around in panic, and find a parachute hanging on the wall, a chance to escape! But, you don't know where you will land... if it is the sea, the land, or a deserted desert island, with conspiracy abound. What will you gather which you can reasonably find on hand in an aeroplane's cabin, and that you can easily carry?
3) Greg is going away on holiday, and gives you temp ownership of the One Manga forum. What is the first thing you would do?
4) Which major Shounen manga should I pick up again from the list of the ones I have dropped for whatever reason out of Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail; and why? Or if you say none, then why?
5) What is the one Manga would you suggest everyone must read before they die?
Nice to know that I inspired you into asking questions again.
1. Not stopping at stop sign, or a seatbelt. From past experience, though, I'd settle for telling the officer I simply skivved the stop sign. Back when I was 17, my smartass told the cop that I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, when he had originally stopped me for skipping a stop sign. Got ticketted for both.
2. A few forks and knives, two water bottles, a change of clothes, one snack, and a blanket. Armed with that, I'd take whatever God has to throw at me.
3. I'd ask Greg a few pointers and tips on how to manage this site before he leaves, and just follow up on his advice. As much flack as people give this site, I believe it runs remarkably well. There isn't anything I'd like to change.
4. Fairy Tail on a conditional return. While the other two have hit severe downhill trends with small recoveries here and there, Fairy Tail has remained quite consistent. It's got plenty of problems, hell yes. But if you enjoy the characters and simply lost faith in some level of depth in the plot (of which I have), you'd certainly like coming back. Oh, and the events in concurrent chapters clearly point to Fairy Tail being on a strong track to being the most engrossing of the three.
5. Mirai Nikki. Oh, dear me. I read this manga during my family trip to Halifax, and I have never been more impressed by any other story. The way Yuki was hammered throughout the entirety of the story, whether it be through the sudden deaths of his parents, to the conspiracies he encounters nearly every chapter made his seemingly sissy persona look truly heroic. Also, there wasn't a single character I disliked.
1. If you could bring to life 5 women or men from manga, anime, comics, etc: who'd they be?
2. What universe would you want to migrate too if you had the power to do so, and why?
3. Is there anyone in the whole world you want to just walk up to and slap the hell out of?
4. If you could look an be like any character or person, who would they be and why?
5. Say you got marooned on an alien planet and the only inhabitants were Anthropomorphic Animal like beings; if you had a choice what kinda animal would you prefer them being an why?
, from The Legend of Zelda. I'd lock him inside of my room until he can hold an hour long conversation with me. Armin Arlert
from SnK, to teach me how to wear his hairstyle. I'm obsessed with it. I've had dreams of me rocking it.Sasuke Uchiha
, so I can slap his adorable Uchiha face silly. Nana
from Elfen Lied, so I can adopt her. Uryuu Minene
from Mirai Nikki. She could blow me up any time.
2. Thank your avatar for this one. A:TLAB, purely so I could observe warfare. We got little taste of how huge battles with massive numbers of benders could have gone, and I was disappointed in that.
3. Nope. Such a puny display of fury would probably flatter more than insult the person I feel distasteful towards.
4. Byakuya Kuchiki. The man is the definition of manly beauty.
5. Since we're talking purely aesthetics here, I'd say some species in the felidae family. Cat faces are amusing and terrifying at the same time.
1. Top 10 manga in terms of quality? In terms of how much you enjoy them? Which one is the closest to an ideal, perfect manga in your opinion?
2. 5 best manga that you would recommend to people? Sort of like ''everyone needs to read this once in their life'' level (may or may not be in question1)
3. 5 male manga characters and 5 female manga characters you love most?
4. Top 5 manga characters in terms of character development, depth and literary value?
5. Do you read all of Big3? If yes, top 5 characters in each?
6. 3 Favorite power/ability in manga?
12. Back to manga: Best 3 couples in manga? (in shounen and seinen)
Expect a few overlaps.
I'd enjoyed reading through every one of these immensely, though a few did drag at times (Death Note comes to mind). Mirai Nikki comes closest to perfect.
2. Fairy Tail: For its well-written comedic lightheartedness. FMA, Death Note, xxxHolic, and Ao No Exorcist.
3. Watanuki Kimihiro from xxxHolic
, Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail
, Shanks from One Piece
, Light Yagami from Death Note,
and Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach
4. Itachi Uchiha from Naruto
, Edward Elric from FMA, Ace from One Piece
, Minene Uryuu from Mirai Nikki.
Can't think of three others who struck a significant amount of depth, so I'll leave it there.
5. Yes, I read the Big 3, but I only started One Piece a month ago. I have much to catch up on. As such, I'll omit it.
6. Fairy Law from Fairy Tail
. Just so I can hear the OST
play while I render judgement with this spell.
Vectors from Elfen Lied
Shinra Tensei from Naruto
12. Roy x Riza from FMA
, Kouta x Kaede from Elfen Lied
, Marco x Ai from Mirai Nikki
7. What do you seek in an ideal lover/life partner? In a best friend?
8. Ideal date?
9. What would you change about yourself if you were reborn?
10. What is your favorite subject in school/uni? Is it also the subject you're best at?
11. Your dream career? How does it help better yourself and how you influent/help people with it (if you want to)?
7. I have what I seek in a lover. Someone to keep my grounded in my ambition, someone to make sure I retain my humanity. In a best friend, I seek someone who I can exchange banter for hours and ask about private matters with the utmost confidence.
8. Dinner at a fancy restaurant, then a movie at home. If the movie sucks, we'll quit and play some Mario Kart.
9. Assuming that I have the self-conscience to "change" something about my personality by considering my experiences in my past life, I'd like to be much less of a crybaby. I cried on the first days of kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade.
10. History. I'm excellent on memorization, so it is my best. I also enjoy reading tales of humanities' woes.
11. Working as a CIO in a company. Getting to that position requires leadership, cunning, and good communication skills. Going the easy route here: I'll obviously have much more money to spend on charity and such. I can use my position to inspire more young Americans to study technology.
1. Which field of applied science do you see being the most influential to humanity over the next century and what advances do you realistically expect to take place in that field?
2. What is one of your best memories from childhood?
3. Is there anything currently illegal that you think should be legal or vice versa? If so what are they?
4. How close are your zodiac and chinese zodiac descriptions to being accurate?
5. If you were in a talent show what talent would you display?
Split this up, I must. Don't want to torment readers with scroll-ups and downs.
1. Engineering of all kinds. Mankind is facing a dearth of new problems, and the answer to all of these, as proven through history, is expanded creativity and understanding of fundamental mathematical concepts.
2. The summer of '97 to the spring of '98. My father took all of us (two older sisters, one little brother, and my mother) along on his business trip across East Asia. I have no idea why, and I have no idea how my mom managed four kids while my dad was off on work. All I can remember is the blast I had with my older sister having pillow fights in the hotel room, dancing to some Indian music, swimming, playing tag in the park, etc...
Those were some good times.
3. Yes. Marijuana, for starters. Its legalization would make our government's joint effort with its Mexican counterpart to crack down on drug cartels a lot more sense and productive.
4. Frighteningly accurate. I don't follow the Chinese Zodiac.
5. Memorization is my best talent. I'm not sure of the proper way to display such a talent.
6. What are the traits that you think most women find most attractive in yourself? Why?
Least attractive? Why?
7. Favorite and least favorite things about New Jersey?
8. If you were President (and had full cooperation from Congress) what steps would you take to fix the economy and reduce the deficit?
9. What are three things you want to do before you die and what do you think are the chances you'll get to do any of them?
10. What is your favorite vacation that you have been on and what would be a dream vacation for you?
6. Most attractive: Looks and humor.
Least attractive: Short-temperedness, impatience.
Our governor. While his style does come across as bullying to a few, Chris Christie is a true Jersey fellow. He speaks very candidly, and doesn't engage in bullsh*t talk. Least Favorite:
Most of our cities are in terrible condition.
8. -Cut military spending by a sizable amount.
-End federally financed student loans
-Cut spending for plenty of social programs
-Seek to simplify our tax code
-Lower the corporate tax rate. People dispute on what the true rate is, but the nominal rate of 35% is insane.
-End our involvement in nonsensical wars and bring all of our troops home
-Use diplomacy as first resort in international conflict
-Seek to get rid of most federal regulations enforced on businesses
-Seek to abolish the Federal Reserve
9. Get married, properly raise my children, watch those children get married and have children. Barring the other two, I have a strong likelihood of accomplishing the first goal. Despite whatever I am able to accomplish, there will always be someone seeking to dismantle what I've created. My children, and my children's children will be the legacy that would see to making sure that my achievements would last in a realm beyond mere memory.
10. Answered this in question 2. I'd love to observe the majestic scenery in Northern Europe. The phenomena known as the Midnight Sun and the Polar Night would be fantastic to experience. The Norwegian city of Tromso would be a perfect place.
11. How much of a person's personality and temperament do you think is determined by their enviornment (ie. culture, state, or familial influences) and how much is determined by their biological makeup (ie. genetics, neurobiological structure, etc.) and what do you make of the phenomena that may be a combination of both (ie. epigentics or brain plasticity)?
12. What extra-curricular activities did you participate in during high school and what was you opinion of them?
13. What is your favorite type of cuisine (Italian, Chinese, French, etc.) and what are some of your favorite foods?
14. Which school of Economic thought is closest to your viewpoint between the Keynesian, Austrian, and Chicago economics?
15. What's your favorite novel and who is your favorite author?
11. I'm a behaviorist. I believe all elements of an individual's personality are shaped by external influences. I am not aware of such a new venture in brain psychology, so I cannot comment on it. At most, I can say it does reek of attempting to find excuses for human behavior aside from structural brain deformities that may or may not lead to abnormal behavior.
12. High school football, I played cornerback. The intense training made me a better person, and talking smack with opposing receivers who were larger than me (up to 6'2") was thrilling. I really didn't have time for other things, aside from sitting in a few Technology Club events.
13. I haven't tried much ethnic food, to be honest. All I've had is Indian and Chinese, the former of which I enjoy. Love spices.
14. If it wasn't already obvious my previous response, I learn toward Austrian economics, but I am largely undecided.
15. I don't read many novels. Tom Clancy is pretty cool, though. The film Clear and Present Danger
inspired me to read the original book. Great read.
16. What are your cosmological views of the universe?
17. How fast can you solve a rubik's cube?
18. You're taking a two week road trip and you can bring any two people along with you, (dead or alive, real or fictional), who are they and why them?
19. What was the worst date you've ever been on?
20. Where do you think we go when we die and how does that affect your view of life?
21. If you could have dinner with any three polymaths who would you choose and what would you converse about?
22. If I were to give you a massive amount of money with the stipulation that you had to give at least half of it to a charitable cause, what would you donate the money towards?
16. I believe in God, so I do espouse a religious cosmological view. While our goal (as I understand it) is to establish a spiritual link with God by symbolizing cosmological elements, I have never quite cared for it.
17. I have never solved a rubix cube. Two sides is my best.
18. My older sister and my SO. It'd be a nice way to resolve the tension between them.
19. I've enjoyed every single date I've been on, due to my meticulous planning. Rather difficult to say which one I enjoyed the least.
20. We rot in our graves. While in our graves, we are shown both the events in our lives, our fate in the hereafter, and questioned by God on what we have accomplished in our lives. Those who have lived righteous lives will feel this time go by very
quickly, while those who were truly evil will experience time in extreme longevity.
Motivates me to being the most productive and pure-hearted human being I could possibly be.
21. Only know of one, unfortunately: Abu Sahl al-Quhi. I'd love to know how he developed his theory on gravity.
22. Investing in more effective treatments for cancer, since a cure is a near impossibility.
how many times have you looked at my posts and reacted with http://www.lolbrary.com/content/78/lol-w...
Nearly every time. Your sentences are jumbled in a large paragraph, and that paragraph requires some extensive attentive reading to simply comprehend, a problem most other posts here don't have.
Nevertheless, you do make legitimate points from time to time. You're largely inconsistent in that regard.
m1hawkbro and soccerislife, your inquiries will be answered next time.
That concludes the first shop tour.
Until next time...
Edited by Phenomiracle, 04 November 2013 - 01:16 AM.