409 replies to this topic

#401 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

I just finished recently too and thought of posting here while the story is still fresh in my memory.

For me the manga was more interesting in the early parts. The battle scenes were more planned out by the author. Kurono destroying the whole house(?) to defeat the alien and also the mission where Kurono takes out a giant buddha statue by sliding then firing the legs making it crippled was pretty smart.

After that the manga slowed down and I thought of dropping but kept on reading just to know the ending.

As for the ending it was all right since it answered most of the questions I was looking for.

Edited by whatamelon, 23 August 2016 - 06:43 AM.

tan3pu.png

#402 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

I forget most of the stuff that happened because it was so long, but

0121-016.jpg

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#403 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:17 AM

One thing that is uniquely Gantz and something I doubt anyone can forget is chapter 265- Feminine Hell 

tan3pu.png

#404 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

I liked the manga and the anime but I found unfortunate that the anime didn't continue. It was one of few manga where I got attached to a character like the two main protagonists especially because their fights for survival went increasingly difficult.

Edited by Bloodknight, 10 September 2016 - 06:31 AM.

#405 whatamelon

whatamelon

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

I didn't watch the anime, was it toned down/censored or is it just as bloody and graphic as the manga?

Yea the aliens get harder as they go along, but they improve as a result to this.

What's nice about Gantz for me aside from the action is how the relationship between aliens and human is more black and white compared to other mangas like Parasyte

tan3pu.png

#406 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

Yes,  the gore and violence toned down a little but there were still some  brutal scenes like the one in which two guys are killing homeless peoples with a baseball batt during the 3rd fight in the buddhist temple  but "the not so private" scene between Nishi and Sei ( the braided hair girl) wasn't  :lmao: . They also put a filler in the end of the anime that I found interesting.

• whatamelon likes this

#407 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

Mind if I step in? Anyone reading Gantz:G?

#408 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

So Gantz: O released on Netflix (at least in Germany) and I watched it, was decent enough but kinda disappointed because a lot of characters were left out and it was much shorter. What did you think about it. also should I open a threadin anime discussion for that or is this thread ok for that discussion?^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#409 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

So Gantz: O released on Netflix (at least in Germany) and I watched it, was decent enough but kinda disappointed because a lot of characters were left out and it was much shorter. What did you think about it. also should I open a threadin anime discussion for that or is this thread ok for that discussion?^^

I completely forgot that it came out.....I dunno if there's English subs out yet but if there are then I'll try to watch it as soon as I can

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#410 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

I completely forgot that it came out.....I dunno if there's English subs out yet but if there are then I'll try to watch it as soon as I can

well netflix (germany) has it even with english dub, though I watched in in japanese with english sub

• Tokoya likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users