• gamria likes this

#542 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2025 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:06 AM

Coming soon to Jump SQ.Crown is...
Twin Star Exorcists: Adashino Benio arc (name subject to change)

Simultaneous serialisation alongside the main story in Jump SQ begins this Summer, in July 2017

The tale of the Twin Stars awaits.

Edited by gamria, 31 May 2017 - 05:06 AM.

• Insane Soul and Eus like this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#543 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

I am ready....so so ready for Benio

ALSO THE NEW CHAPTER LOL

Spoiler

Edited by Eus, 31 May 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#544 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Where are the MORALS tho!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

THIS IS LIKE WHEN TAKEI DID SHAMAN KING ZERO

#545 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

So instead of just giving her an arc dedicated to her in the main story he's giving her a entire new series? I dont like it. Whats going to happen when the stories merge again? They'll just end benios? Seems pointless

#546 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15597 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

So instead of just giving her an arc dedicated to her in the main story he's giving her a entire new series? I dont like it. Whats going to happen when the stories merge again? They'll just end benios? Seems pointless

Instead of a few pages of Benio, I get a whole chapter. I get twice as much story a week. :shrug: I like it.  :^_^:  B)

• ruggia and Eus like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#547 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

maybe I just dont like her character thats why I dont care for it

#548 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

It's more like the arc is just gonna show what happened during her absence, I think. It could still keep going when she returns to the main story but idk how long it's even going to last (hopefully there will be enough content to fill up at least one volume)

It's also not really pointless from a business standpoint. Including an arc about Benio in Jump SQ Crown was probably intended to get more people to buy copies.

Edited by Eus, 31 May 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#549 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

It's more like the arc is just gonna show what happened during her absence, I think. It could still keep going when she returns to the main story but idk how long it's even going to last (hopefully there will be enough content to fill up at least one volume)

It's also not really pointless from a business standpoint. Including an arc about Benio in Jump SQ Crown was probably intended to get more people to buy copies.

Well if everyone hates her as much as I do itll be pointless. God I hope they do

#550 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

Well if everyone hates her as much as I do itll be pointless. God I hope they do

You'll be sorely disappointed then

Also, why are you so bitter about this when you can just ignore it?

#551 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

I don't get the hate on Benio? As far as the bickering has been (since the beginning) the major complaints have been that Benio always get the short stick in all the developments, while Rokuro hogs most of it. But now with this new manga she can get most of the screen-time she needs without interrupting the Tournament Arc, while connecting some plot points there and there with both mangas running simultaneously. I mentioned Shaman King because that is how Takei was going to use the Spin-off 'Zero' to develop the Hao-Yabisu plot while the Sakurai Arc was running in the actual 'Flowers':

Spoiler

As this manga continues to be, I keep remembering Shaman King, the settling was similar to some sense, Yoh and Rokuro are clear opposites but there is something that is very similar, their opinions on their Wives (Yes, Yoh was also engaged at a very early age) tend to be the same. And this Tournament Arc, hnnnghhh. (And don't get me started on Tenma, who is very similar to Hao Asakura)

Sousei will fill that void I have from Shaman King until Takei returns to me once more, either later this year or 2018.

Edited by Insane Soul, 01 June 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#552 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2025 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

Personally, I'm psyched to see Benio getting her own devoted story. It really plays to the author's style.

See, one of Sukeno Yoshiaki's greatest strengths is that his pacing in stories are excellent. Never too slow, never too fast. Thus far, even a typically slow tournament arc is handled with fine balance.

One thing I was worried about is with the tournament running, how he planned to give any focus on Benio: switching to her mid-tournament is disruptive to pacing, but not switching to her has already been a source of critique as of late.
So her getting her own story is actually the most ideal solution for him, so as to maintain excellent pacing on all fronts.

---

Hmmm, well the more Sukeno-sensei elaborates on Twin Stars' combat system, the more similar it appears to Shaman King's system, I admit.

The Exorcist, their Enchanted Powers and their Enchanted Gear do resemble Shaman King's Shaman, their Furyoku and their Oversouls.
And with the way Shikigami are shown to operate, there's an echo to the Guardian Spirits too

Spoiler

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#553 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

I can't belive it, there actually giving her own series, really? Isn't she one of the main characters, isnt the name of this manga "Twin Star Exorcists" not Exorcist? Instead of giving her, her own spotlight & focus instead just spin her off. Bullshit. :banghead: 

What Benio is going though is so much more interesting, she is currently in hell receiving help from the demon that murdered her parents on a quest to the first ever Basara so she can revive her Anti-Christ powers. Instead we get a run of the mill tournament arc where Rokuro's fights are the only ones of importance. Seriously who gives a fuck about Shimon? Dude is gonna get his ass kicked no matter what, his opponent can handle kaiju class impurities with ease while Shimon at his strongest couldn't majorly damage a single Basara. His fight is pointless & that bullshit about trying your best & giving it your all doesn't make it any less worse than it is.

• PunkHazard likes this

#554 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

This manga is the only that makes me post me like the good old times.

First, chapter 42 is up~

Now lets get on the 'WHAT WAS GOOD'

Spoiler

#555 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2025 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

To be fair, even if we take into account some scenes from her debut chapter, Mayura hadn't ever quite been just a fan service character. Heck, her first conversation with Seigen already shown that she has the moxie to scold her scary dad.

Subaru's last comments though were ominous. Who is "that child"? (The Japanese was just as ambiguous by the way)

Let's hope it's not her old student. I wouldn't know how to feel about a Benio vs Mayura showdown.

On a lighter note, seeing Mayura and Subaru together is like seeing a classic showdown between Ichiko and Momiji all over again.

#556 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Subaru's last comments though were ominous. Who is "that child"? (The Japanese was just as ambiguous by the way)

Let's hope it's not her old student. I wouldn't know how to feel about a Benio vs Mayura showdown.

Given the reveal of Doman inside her, I am inclined to believe that during her tutelage, Subaru found about Benio's hidden powers and failed to kill her, this would explain why Arima seemed to know about what was inside her before Doman appeared. 

Edited by Insane Soul, 10 June 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#557 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

You'll be sorely disappointed then
Also, why are you so bitter about this when you can just ignore it?

cause I think this will cause the author to spread himself too thin. And as we've seen wit other mangas, that can be detrimental to the author and the main story. All for benio. So yea I'm bitter

Edited by PunkHazard, 14 June 2017 - 09:18 AM.

• Slimcoder likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users