#561 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

@25thBaam - your whole existence is sacrilege

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#562 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

Yeesh this boring. Way to much focus given to background characters who most likely gonna completly irrelavent after this chapter. Especially since a lot of their backstory was given all at once by second-hand knowlegde it makes hard to care for people suddenly given focus. I mean even if the fights & arts nice, its like watching Transformers. Even if the special effects are amazing it doesn't matter much when you don't care about the characters or story.

Like does anyone care about Mayura's delinquent clan-member? Seriously who cares about this guy. As well as some weird attempts at humor cause I don't think your supposed to talk about your commander & clan's head's tits & ass in a public sporting event. If I was Mayura or the Princess Heavenly Commander I'd knock some sense into those idiots.

I care because there are plenty of mangas that have used characters that are not exactly Main Characters to make the plot more exciting; such as FMA or Shaman King.

Seeing proper backgrounds on characters that are not Rokuro, Benio, Mayura or 12th commanders is a nice thing to see, as they are not exactly the only people that matter in this fight.

#563 25thBaam

25thBaam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

@25thBaam - your whole existence is sacrilege

I don't really understand what you mean, but thank you.

#564 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/45/page/1

@gamria
I need a recap on the emotions on this chapter

#565 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,870 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

@YyAoMmIi -  I agree. Ken-chan I believe was quite emotional. Though I haven't caught up with all the chapters to find out what exactly he's so emotional about.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#566 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

BTW, my confusion is more with the emotions relating to event, and their reactions.

I get what happened, get what I'm supposted to feel, but confused on character reactions. 

@YyAoMmIi -  I agree. Ken-chan I believe was quite emotional. Though I haven't caught up with all the chapters to find out what exactly he's so emotional about.

From what I can tell, Since both Kankurou  and Rokurou sealed themselves after the incident, Genbu  Emotions was similar to how people were happy how Rokurou started fighting again and recome that incident. (this was in this chapter

Afterall, both Kankurou and Genbu were close friend (this part was in earlier chapters), so Genbu was sad when his friend was punishing himself. 

#567 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

I have mixed feelings about the Benio manga, I'll post them tomorrow

#568 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

I have mixed feelings about the Benio manga, I'll post them tomorrow

The raws were already there a month ago on the Twin Stars Baidu board, but the reason I hadn't said anything about it it is because I thought it's better for Jaimini's Box to translate it first for context.

Well ... let's just say it's not in Jump SQ. Crown for nothing

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#569 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:04 AM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/45/page/1

@gamria
I need a recap on the emotions on this chapter

@YyAoMmIi Pardon me for the late late response to your inquiry

When it comes to Ujii Kengo in this chapter ... well, his reactions here certainly feel weird compared to his usual profiteering streak, but it's meant to be read with some more details from the next chapter.

By the way, seeing Rokurou making comparisons of Mitosaka Kankurou's tragedy back to his own past at Hiinatsuki was the definite highlight of this chapter for me. Heck, I definitely liked Rokurou after this chapter, such mature words from him.

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#570 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

By the way, seeing Rokurou making comparisons of Mitosaka Kankurou's tragedy back to his own past at Hiinatsuki was the definite highlight of this chapter for me. Heck, I definitely liked Rokurou after this chapter, such mature words from him.

Can you explain more?

#571 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Lets see...

The art felt really different to me, almost as it was a draft, it doesn't have the charm as the actual manga for some reason, The Benio focus is good (also the fanservice!) But I feel like Kamui's development is forced, yes, we have seen leads of the Basara acting like Humans, and Kamui's relationship with Benio is possibly because of him eating her parents (reason as to why he felt annoyed at the other sibling). But the way this manga is doing JUST in chapter one is ridiculous, from a badass Basara to a horny Teenager in just a matter of seconds.

The Strongest Basara being a mirror of Abe no Seimei is not surprising, given how the leaks of their appearance was seen to be an Omniouji, but I expected them to be like the Fake Seimei over just an exact replica of the loli, makes sense given how Seimei sealed the King of Impurities inside her, so this could have been a side effect.

Seigen's reason to let Benio to go makes NO SENSE in his own view. Given how:

1- Benio doesn't have any powers

2- Benio was seen to fight using Impurity powers

3- Benio got an evil spirit inside her

4- Benio's sibling is the one causing a genocide on the main island.

Edited by Insane Soul, 02 September 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#572 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

Lets see...

The art felt really different to me, almost as it was a draft, it doesn't have the charm as the actual manga for some reason....

the art in the actual manga looks the same though o-o they're more detailed than earlier in the manga

there's just less silly faces and no magical girl shikigami for obvious reasons...

Also on the official website, Sukeno-sensei answered a question regarding appearances of basara, and it's revealed that they gain their physical features of the people they eat....soooooo yeah, wonder if Chinu did something to Seimei

Seigen's reason for letting Benio go is a personal reason that he could relate to, saying he's not one to judge for rather dying that making his loved ones sad *cough*like when he was ready for suicide when he fought Yuuto so that Rokuro wouldn't have to face his traumas again*cough*....the points that you listed had nothing to do with that

Edited by Eus, 03 September 2017 - 04:23 AM.

#573 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

Can you explain more?

I shall do a brief recap of Rokurou's backstory then

When he was young, Rokurou was part of the Hiinatsuki Dorm, part of a group of young Exorcists cadet.

But then came the Tragedy of Hiinatsuki: one night, Ijika Yuuto dabbled in the forbidden arts, and tricked many of their fellow cadet into Impurity Descents, leading to a massacre.

Yuuto also attempted to send Rokurou into a Descent, but he conversely gained control over the power in the form of his Impurity Arm. And while he succeeded in beating back and presumably killing Yuuto, he also had to witness his friends kill his friends, and himself killing them in turn.

The resulting trauma and survivor's guilt led to him giving up the path of the Exorcist, and continued to haunt him until like Chapter 11 of the story.

And it's because of this that Rokurou can relate to the trauma that Kankurou went through, and the emotions that he carries, whether it is witnessing those you care die before your eyes or being partially responsible for said deaths.

Lets see...

The art felt really different to me, almost as it was a draft, it doesn't have the charm as the actual manga for some reason, The Benio focus is good (also the fanservice!) But I feel like Kamui's development is forced, yes, we have seen leads of the Basara acting like Humans, and Kamui's relationship with Benio is possibly because of him eating her parents (reason as to why he felt annoyed at the other sibling). But the way this manga is doing JUST in chapter one is ridiculous, from a badass Basara to a horny Teenager in just a matter of seconds.

The Strongest Basara being a mirror of Abe no Seimei is not surprising, given how the leaks of their appearance was seen to be an Omniouji, but I expected them to be like the Fake Seimei over just an exact replica of the loli, makes sense given how Seimei sealed the King of Impurities inside her, so this could have been a side effect.

Seigen's reason to let Benio to go makes NO SENSE in his own view. Given how:

1- Benio doesn't have any powers

2- Benio was seen to fight using Impurity powers

3- Benio got an evil spirit inside her

4- Benio's sibling is the one causing a genocide on the main island.

When I read the raw, I also felt that the art was off compared to how it is in the main story. Heck, even the light novel artwork stuck to that of the main story.

If I have to guess at the reason why the art is different here, it'd be because these Benio chapters are serialised in Jump SQ Crown. This seems to allow for slightly more risque content, which I guess translates to a more mature audience?

It's just, the "stunt" Sukeno-sensei pulled with Ch 1 of the Benio side reminded me of this one Binbougami Ga! Bangaihen that was published in Jump SQ 19 (predecessor to Crown), I believe? That Bangaihen pulled a similar stunt, albeit it was imaginery and less explicit. 
It's almost like he feels compelled to be more hardcore whenever he publishes content on the supplement magazines to the main Jump SQ

---

That aside, I have to admit, even reading across the raw, Chinese and English scans, I still don't quite get why Seigen let Benio go. Dont' know if I forgot something from the main story, so I just thought he didn't want Rokurou to be sad otherwise, or that he possibly still owed her for saving Mayura.

• Insane Soul and YyAoMmIi like this

#574 Eus

Eus

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

@gamria @Insane Soul

okay, someone please explain why you guys think the manga for the Benio arc is "off" compared to the main story....I honestly see no difference, or maybe you guys were just looking at earlier chapters? His style has evolved quite a lot during the current arc.

Edited by Eus, 03 September 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#575 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

@gamria @Insane Soul

okay, someone please explain why you guys think the manga for the Benio arc is "off" compared to the main story....I honestly see no difference, or maybe you guys were just looking at earlier chapters? His style has evolved quite a lot during the current arc.

I am comparing latest Main Manga chapter (Rokuro vs Dr.Kachan) vs This Benio one. I can't put my finger on it as to why It feels different, but following Gamria's words...it feels "more rough to me", the art style I mean.

#576 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'm also making comparisons using latest chapters too.

How do I put it ... I don't quite know how to explain it, but I wouldn't use "rough".

It's mostly to do with the faces, like they feel longer than usual. Leaving aside Benio and Seigen, Rokurou's face on the Benio side looked somewhat longer, in a way that unbalances the facial features ratio or something.

#577 Groundking

Groundking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:47 AM

New chapter https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/46/page/1

#578 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

See! I told you the artwork for the Benio arc was off, this is what Benio should look like:

Spoiler

More importantly, the reason why I'm making a comment on the latest chapter so soon: one noteworthy but incorrectly translated line:

Spoiler

It's not "you're acting like someone in their fifties".
It's "It's the first time in over 50 years, I believe?"

That is, it's the first time in over 50 years that a lower house defeated one of the Celestial Generals. Take this how you will.

Sigh, it's stuff like this that make me feel uneasy with Choiboy84's translations

• Insane Soul and YyAoMmIi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users