396 replies to this topic

#361 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

1- You have no clue what enel's home town was made out of.

I do. Cloud. Vearth was the only island made of Earth. Hence it being so special.

2- robon confirmed enel could of destroyed upper yard before she knew about maxium

Confirmed? Robin has no idea what enel is capable of.

3- i can make a 2m hole with a shovle but i am 100% positive i cant destoy an island.

Try to make one with a butter knife with 0 effort and in a couple of minutes, and you'll see that someone 50 million times more powerful than you can probably destroy an island made of that material.

4- jesus christ man, in a world where a "sharp blade" can do this
http://3.bp.blogspot...1-363028-14.jpg
Yes, a woman who isn't fodder, with a df that lets her grow more limbs to help her dig, after a little while of digging, SHOULD be able to dig a small hole....

She can grow more limbs, not more knives. And it's not a small hole. It's almost a grave sized hole.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#362 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

I do. Cloud. Vearth was the only island made of Earth. Hence it being so special.

Confirmed? Robin has no idea what enel is capable of.

Try to make one with a butter knife with 0 effort and in a couple of minutes, and you'll see that someone 50 million times more powerful than you can probably destroy an island made of that material.

She can grow more limbs, not more knives. And it's not a small hole. It's almost a grave sized hole.

1 vearth is the word they use instead of earth, upper yard was the name of the island. And like i said, we have no clue. Enel's island had dials that only existed there, enel had a gold staff before he came to skypiea which means his home had metal, enel knew about DF. The other island is clearly different. So we dont know.

2 resd skypiea arc, enel says "i will bring this island down" robin says "ya you can do thay but what about the bell" enel then shoots her because screw her.

3-4 like i said above, op is a magical world where a single slash from fodder using a "sharp axe" can cut down a metal fence and a cement wall..... and it wasnt "a few minuets and zero effort. When robin finished the hole she clearly let out a breath becase she was tried, and for the record, when robin started zoro was at the going merry.... when she finished zoro was locked in a heated battle in the center of the island. And her df doesnt need to mae more knifes.... the extra arms clearing the debris out of the hole was a ton of help. Not to mention the way op cloud works makes digging easier not because it is weak but because it holds its shape so well.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#363 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

I have this super hard question.
Who is BM right-hand man?
Strussen, Perospero or Katakuri.

Strussen seems to have been there from the beginning.
Perospero is the most active. He's always there and he is the person she relies for everything.
Katakuri is the strongest member. He is respected by the crew. So far his word is the law ( with exception to BM).

What do you guys make of this.

Edited by Abaroxa, 05 January 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#364 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Does she need to have exactly one? Streussen, Perospero and the generals all fill different roles, and since its all in the family, there's less need for a strict second in command.

• Chillman likes this

#365 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Well I guess it depends, Strussen got her to become a pirate, is the head chef which is pretty major-Also the first mate but not so sound when it comes to fighting.

Peroinnnnnnnnnnnnnn is the first son but from what i've seen all the children are ministers or something so that means nothing. He's just her baby boy.

My main man Charlotte Katakuri is the second strongest member of the crew, perhaps the most loyal and the one most regarded within the crew. He probably gets free reign so the #crazybigbitch probably orders him around the least and relies on him the most.

I'd vote Lord Mochi

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#366 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

There is 2 reasons why BM crew members have bounties so big.

1. They are BM children. (Ace was sentenced to death just by being rogers son even though he never met him.).
2. When people/cities/islands don't pay their fees BM children destroy them. (Kid's bounty is high because he destroys cities and kills civilians.).

#367 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

So the son of the pirate king has a lower bounty then the son of BM? And the son of the "worst criminal" has a lower bounty then all of them?
I dont think they theory holds water.

banner.png

#368 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

Not saying it is a defining factor but it certainly has a weight on the established bounty. Same as causing harm to civilians.

#369 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:37 AM

So the son of the pirate king has a lower bounty then the son of BM? And the son of the "worst criminal" has a lower bounty then all of them?
I dont think they theory holds water.

It’s a combination of factors. Power is only one part.

#370 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Not saying it is a defining factor but it certainly has a weight on the established bounty. Same as causing harm to civilians.

You know, i have a question about this in combination with your other post.

Would bm blowing up her own islands be considered "harm to civilians"?

At first you say "ya of course captain duaa" but then you think about it. The wg is corrupt that we know. So why would the wg care about citizens that arent its tax paying citizens? In the real world thats how things work. Look at the news in the US, we measured the DPRKs threat in terms of how close their icbms could reach to our main land. No one really cared when they could reach japan or south korea.

So with that being said, why would the wg care about bm blowing up her own islands? If bm took those islands from the wg (unless her name is DD) the wg would be pissed, but they were never her islands. We have seen many many islands the wg doesnt care about, wano, FI, elbaf....ect. so if the wg doesnt care about those islands, why would they care if someone goes over to them and kills a bunch of weak civilians? The answer is they wouldn't.

I will address this is a second when responding to chillman, but why would the wg raise the prise they are willing to pay a bounty hunter, because that pirate killed some weak people the wg doesnt care about?
If bartolomeo goes to lougetown and killes a ton of innocnets,the wg will be pissed and send marines after him.
If bartolomeo goes to wano and kills people. I doubt the wg cares.

Oh and obvious exception- if the pirate uses strong power their bounty can go up. For example, if luffy has a bounty of 30m, then goes and sinks wano, the wg will notice his bounty needs to be adjusted for his fighting power. But if usopp has a bounty of 10 berries, and goes and kills 100 people with a pistol, ....his bounty matches his combat power already.

banner.png

#371 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

It’s a combination of factors. Power is only one part.

If i am willing to give anything i will say maybe 5% is others and 95% is power.

And the reasoning is simple. What is a bounty? A bounty is what the wg is willing to pay a bounty hunter to kill that pirate.
So picture this, usopp (east blue usopp) gets a pistol and goes on a killing spree, he kills a whole island worth of people with that pistol. So because you love people and are a good guy you put a 100m bounty on his head. Yosuka and johnny, or even zoro, goes, kills usopp, has the easiest fight of their life taking out fodder, now you have to pay 100m for 2 second of their life.

And we already have tons of examples proving i am right.

Look at what buggy did. He essientally did exactly what i had usopp do. He used his very minimal power to take out a whole island of fodder citizens (mostly). Yet his bounty was 16m which is reasonable to get someone of east blue zoro's strength to take him out.

Then we have luffy. If bounty was based on threat in any way, luffy's bounty in east blue would be zero. All luffy did in the east blue was beat up pirates and one corrupt marine, hell the marines should of offered him a comission not a bounty, yet he had the highest bounty to come out of the east blue at the time.

Also, there is only so much a bounty ahould reasonably go up for the same pattern of behavior.

Remember my last example of usopp, he kills a bunch of civilians, ao you increase his bounty to add a little extra incentive for bounty hunters to go after him. Then he kills more civilians, are you going to add another incentive? Why would you? You already knew he is a civilian killer. Like if bm blows up 2-3 more islands, we already know she blows up islands, if we didnt like it the original incentive should of been alot higher.

Also, since it goes without saying power is a large part of a bounty. A bigger incentive (for example adding 5m because the pirate kills civilians) could actually do the opposite and discourage bounty hunters from going after the pirate. We have even see how pirates use bounties as badges of pride.
So think about this. Look at buggy. His bounty was a low 16 mill...ish... imagine adding an extra 5m to his bounty. Now he has the same 21m arlong has. Buggy went from being an average pirate to being the strongest pirate in east blue, without gaining any actual strength. Bow do you think that will attract or discourage bounty hunters from going after him?

Then obviously we have the tired examples. Like robin, girl with the power to destroy the world, just saw the wg kill every one she ever knew (so the motive to destroy the world also) only worth 79m not even worth as much as luffy was for punching really hard. And really to drive this point home, at that point all luffy had really done was take down morgan (which the marines thanked him for) and escape smoker he was really just a bounty hunter at that point he hadn't killed civilians or challenged the marines. Although drum island would beg to differ..... either way a guy who punches hard shouldnt be worth the same as a girl with the means and motive to destroy the world, yet he was worth more.

Also, look at how ID was divided by bounty level. Could you imagine how halirous it would be to see a guy with the power of a 10m bounty, yet imprisoned in level 5 for all the civilians you killed....
BB "fight to the death and i will allow the strongest to join me"
Prisoner "wait, i dont want to do that, i am actually not that strong i am just here for poisoning a water hole"
Prisoner 2 "ya and i am here for.... well i was a film executive working for the weinstine company"
Prisoner 3 "and all i did was run drugs, but like it was alot of drugs"
Prisoner 4 "i am only here for tax evasion"
BB "wait is anyone here actually strong?"
Prisoner 5 "i did things to kids"
BB "ok who ever kills him can be on my crew"

banner.png

#372 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:32 AM

You know, i have a question about this in combination with your other post.

Would bm blowing up her own islands be considered "harm to civilians"?

At first you say "ya of course captain duaa" but then you think about it. The wg is corrupt that we know. So why would the wg care about citizens that arent its tax paying citizens? In the real world thats how things work. Look at the news in the US, we measured the DPRKs threat in terms of how close their icbms could reach to our main land. No one really cared when they could reach japan or south korea.

So with that being said, why would the wg care about bm blowing up her own islands? If bm took those islands from the wg (unless her name is DD) the wg would be pissed, but they were never her islands. We have seen many many islands the wg doesnt care about, wano, FI, elbaf....ect. so if the wg doesnt care about those islands, why would they care if someone goes over to them and kills a bunch of weak civilians? The answer is they wouldn't.

I will address this is a second when responding to chillman, but why would the wg raise the prise they are willing to pay a bounty hunter, because that pirate killed some weak people the wg doesnt care about?
If bartolomeo goes to lougetown and killes a ton of innocnets,the wg will be pissed and send marines after him.
If bartolomeo goes to wano and kills people. I doubt the wg cares.

Oh and obvious exception- if the pirate uses strong power their bounty can go up. For example, if luffy has a bounty of 30m, then goes and sinks wano, the wg will notice his bounty needs to be adjusted for his fighting power. But if usopp has a bounty of 10 berries, and goes and kills 100 people with a pistol, ....his bounty matches his combat power already.

The gorousei only care about balance. As long as everybody reaches a stalemate they are happy. Obviously with them having the biggest influence in terms of power and territory.
The CL dragons only care about themselves. We saw how they treat everybody else.
The marines, right now with akainu, they go by absolute justice. Meaning that the end justifies the means. They also care about losing face.

Based on what you said and what I added above, yes they shouldn't care but then we have CP unit. They spy and get intel. They verify if anyone is making any threatening move. This means that they are making sure the balance stays the same. It is important to know if someone is trying to make a move in the way BB did and it is also good to know how far they are willing to go for it. By killing innocent civilians you show your character and the WG can deduce what are your limitations. The more reckless you are the worse it is for them because they know you are willing to take chances. A "D" wouldn't be a yonko because so far most of them have been stubborn and reckless. They wouldn't take the stalemate for more than a week. Even law which is a calm dude started moving the "gears" by allying with luffy and in DD is was willing to sacrifice himself (being stubborn). This is a big no no for the WG.
As far as civilians go they should try to do their best because it's not really the civilians choose to not pay taxes. It is up to the WG and marines to liberate those islands. At the end of the day a pirate ruling is still a tyranny because they took it by force. All those civilians that seem to like BM just suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

#373 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

The CL dragons only care about themselves. We saw how they treat everybody else.
The marines, right now with akainu, they go by absolute justice. Meaning that the end justifies the means. They also care about losing face.

I could see Akainu rebelling in the end, forming his own faction. Absolute justice and WG-CD don't go together.

#374 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

The gorousei only care about balance. As long as everybody reaches a stalemate they are happy. Obviously with them having the biggest influence in terms of power and territory.

Based on what you said and what I added above, yes they shouldn't care but then we have CP unit. They spy and get intel. They verify if anyone is making any threatening move. This means that they are making sure the balance stays the same. It is important to know if someone is trying to make a move in the way BB did and it is also good to know how far they are willing to go for it. By killing innocent civilians you show your character and the WG can deduce what are your limitations. The more reckless you are the worse it is for them because they know you are willing to take chances. A "D" wouldn't be a yonko because so far most of them have been stubborn and reckless. They wouldn't take the stalemate for more than a week. Even law which is a calm dude started moving the "gears" by allying with luffy and in DD is was willing to sacrifice himself (being stubborn). This is a big no no for the WG.
As far as civilians go they should try to do their best because it's not really the civilians choose to not pay taxes. It is up to the WG and marines to liberate those islands. At the end of the day a pirate ruling is still a tyranny because they took it by force. All those civilians that seem to like BM just suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

I agree it shows their character the first time, but after the first few civilian deaths character is no longer up for debate.

I agree some places the wg want like the islands taken by dragon. But some of these islands are either too difficult to take or in very bad areas.
Like amazon lily, the wg would have a difficult time just getting to that island, momogan had to fight a sea king in the first few minuets he was there. Very difficult to get to let alone collect taxes from. Not to mention all citizens are warriors who would rather take their chances getting attacked then pay taxes fr defense.
Then islands like.... well coco town. On the very outside of bm's land. Sure the wg could take it. But then bm would take it back the second they left because it is too close to her main base of opperations.

So i think there are a few islands that would be in the best interest for the wg to ignore.

banner.png

#375 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

Do people find it weird...that BM's bounty has not been revealed yet? What holds Oda back from that revelation?

Edited by Fulmine, 14 February 2018 - 01:51 AM.

• Tale likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#376 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Bounties have lost meaning and consistency a long time ago, who cares

qhz8b56l.png

#377 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:16 AM

Yeah, but still fun tidbits to know. Besides, I mainly feel weird why Oda doesn't reveal it rather than its actual value.

#378 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:57 AM

i dont see this. why have they lost meaning and consistency in ur eyes? i mean sure some bounties seem questionable but all in all i dont see them as unjustified. I mean Katakuris and Crackers so far seem to be reasonable. Katakuri is indeed a powerhouse, yet while not admiral lvl, his aint too high as to not to leave room for other, bigger bouties. Crackers ability makes him a 1 man army that can declare war against entire (ordinary) countries by himself. I dont see why those bounties are off the grid without being backed up by the story and power/thread the person does indeed impose.

Some people in my eyes confuse just how underrated the SHs (Luffy's partially fitted his threat lvl since DR) bounties are and how little we actually have to compare bounties to since the shickis bounty was frozen. And since jinbei does not have a bounty that is as high, since he aint someone (in WG eyes) that under normal circumstances inflicts terror to innocents, but is a peaceful character in generel. We have to admit that no SH under Luffy  actually is a Rookie anymore, while there bounties still are of rookie lvl. The SHs do have a lot of battle experience, and while they dont really destroy towns, countries against the peoples of those countries will they still cause a lot of harm to the WG, but in their eyes preTS the SHs were simply too insignificant to really be called a threat. A single admiral would have obliberated the entire crew with ez, as Kizaru did, thus they did not really pose a threat to the WG, even though they were able to do insane things like invading ID, EL.

But to be honest each current M3 does have the power of the entire preTS crew combined, yet i.e. Sanji does only have 177 mill bounty, even though preTS Luffy able had 300mill. Thus the bounties of the SH crew dont represent the individual of each SH but rather their connection to Luffy and them being his underlings. Since  the WG has no way of adequately  judge i.e. Zoros and Sanjis lvl (since they did nothing much in DR/so far) they falsely interpret the entire crew to "deserve" a certain amount of power, while underrating the threat each SH himself represents.

So far i'd say the bounties are not uncalled for, given the background info about how the crewmembers r perceived. Bobbins was 100mill (comparable to rookie lvl, even if NW veteran he aint a core player of the BM crew, thus the focus the WG has to BM crew should be about others/more significant members) and Sanji was able to one hit him, since his lvl already is that of a decent NW player.       

Edited by capu, 14 February 2018 - 04:01 AM.

#379 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:38 AM

Do people find it weird...that BM's bounty has not been revealed yet? What holds Oda back from that revelation?

No, wbs mihawks dragon and shanks havent been seen either.

My opinion is oda doesnt want to reveal the high level bounties because then he has set a cap for himself. If he introduced wb at the war arc as "worlds strongest man, bounty: 1 billion" it would be shocking, but then no character could really be higher then that.

One day when op is raping up he may reveal all the bounties he kept from us. Frabkly now that we know emperor comanders are in the billions he really could show us the bounties without worrying about setting a cap. I dont think anyother commanders will be too much stronger then dogtooth.

Also, there is the possibility that emperors dont have bounties. Think about it. Bounties are incentives for hunters to kill these pirates. BUT.....
1 we know the elder stars like the emperor system, as evident when shanks clashed with wb the marines were unhappy and when wb died they were thinking who will replace him, NOT "lets go in and take his land" so as far as i can see, why incentivise bounty hunters to change the status quo that the elder stars clearly like?
2nd who the hell are they for? Who on earth is ever going to collect a bounty on wb? BB i guess.... but seriously, the number of bounty hunters that could actually take out an emperor has to be.....well zero... what would be the point be of raising a bounty on a guy no one could reasonably take down. Anyine who could take down the emperors would be another powerfl pirate crew, and the wg doesnt want to see BB show up with BM's head and have to give him 2 billion.

3rd there is enough incentive to take them down already. If i were sailing along and i saw luffy on the seas i woud have no reason to fight him. But the emperors, the emperors are the pirates all pirates are gunning for, they are on top of the mountain and have huge targets on their backs. The wg may not need to incentivise bounty hunters to kill the emperors they can just wait till the next upstart pirate kills them and takes their land.

So there are logical reasons to speculate, unlike the warlords who get their bounties frozen, once a pirate gets strong enough they just lose their bounty.
Although that wouldnt explain why dragon and mihawk havent revealed their bounties. Mihawk may never have been a pirate as for dragon there is no explanation. Iva was just an ra member and he had.....we never got an iva bounty did we.....

Well either way there is my 2 cents, either oda doesnt want to cap how ridiclous bounties go or emperors dont have bounties.

banner.png

#380 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:05 AM

Katakuri's techniques and puns

• Chillman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic