#401 Oben

Oben

Busy

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,926 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Tbh, I also thought that Big Mom could help Luffy after WCI, but purely for egoistical reasons. She has seen how much chaos the SHs can start once let loose, and since she knows he's going after Kaidou, gambling on Luffy wouldn't be too far fetched. Not even for defeating Kaidou himself, just to weaken them relative to her own crew. 

#402 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

Tbh, I also thought that Big Mom could help Luffy after WCI, but purely for egoistical reasons. She has seen how much chaos the SHs can start once let loose, and since she knows he's going after Kaidou, gambling on Luffy wouldn't be too far fetched. Not even for defeating Kaidou himself, just to weaken them relative to her own crew.

BM has different plans.
She was the one calling kaido so she knew about the chances of the conversation being tapped. She made sure whoever was on the line knew she was about to make a move after luffy. Going to wano was ambiguous but heavily hinted. It is clear kaido doesn't comply with her proposal but she makes it sound like he will change his mind.
Garp also made it clear that whatever the marines did, it has to be after the reverie is over which is in a week duration.
Given what garp said why isn't BM on the move to establish her alliance with kaido?
I concluded that there won't be any alliance between then. It was all a ruse to bait the marines to also make a move. She knows she needs more wild factors in wano to create a complete chaos which in turn will make it easier for her to infiltrate and kill luffy.

#403 Oben

Oben

Busy

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,926 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:46 AM

BM has different plans.
She was the one calling kaido so she knew about the chances of the conversation being tapped. She made sure whoever was on the line knew she was about to make a move after luffy. Going to wano was ambiguous but heavily hinted. It is clear kaido doesn't comply with her proposal but she makes it sound like he will change his mind.
Garp also made it clear that whatever the marines did, it has to be after the reverie is over which is in a week duration.
Given what garp said why isn't BM on the move to establish her alliance with kaido?
I concluded that there won't be any alliance between then. It was all a ruse to bait the marines to also make a move. She knows she needs more wild factors in wano to create a complete chaos which in turn will make it easier for her to infiltrate and kill luffy.

As I said, right after WCI, not after the current chapter. I was referring to a past theory I had, which turned out to be probably wrong.

#404 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Man i need a moment to say just how happy i am that all of you guys saying "bm would team up with luffy" turned out to be wrong.

I wont say the theory was out of left field....I am just thankful it was wrong.

However......... was baking a cake really that much better of an ending?
On one hand, the first emperor being a friend would be so lame i have no words.... 2ndly bm is not really the type of friend luffy keeps, ya he keeps creeps like law and bartolomeo, but he wouldnt be friends with a mad dictator that burns down islands would he?
On the other hand this was the worst possible bullshit to ever happen in a manga.
Someone should make a gif of goku building up the spirit bomb to throw at buu, but it is sanji building up a cake to throw at bm.
Abd that is bad, i think we can all agre the spirit bomb ending was bad but at least not this bad.

Worst ending in manga vs tired old illogical plot twist

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users