Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

More of an update this time. 

I have changed the style and theme of my Tatsumaki sketch to be a bit more realistic and dark, i also added some more debris that does need some adjustments for better composition.

Spoiler

Edited by Tom Ace, 24 March 2017 - 06:01 PM.

• DarkNemesis, RhyssaFireheart, kikyou_e and 1 other like this

#284 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

it's coming together, adding anger makes her look more like Tatsumaki

• retroluffy13 likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#285 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

I started working on another of my Tatsumaki poses that i made a while ago. As with my last sketch this one is going in a more realistic style.

Spoiler

• RhyssaFireheart and Grimmjagger like this

#286 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

Sorry for not being on OMF much the past week! I hope this drawing i did during that time (and playing Zelda......) makes up for it.  :lol:

Spoiler

• Sasuke K likes this

#287 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Just want to say that over at my DA page i have a journal post of all the poses i made over the past few days, and people can suggest characters for me to draw using those poses.

While they are just outline poses and lack details, a few are pushing the PG-13 line and i don't think i should post them here.

So if you don't mind seeing the female form and would like to suggest a character then drop by my DA page and check out my journal. 

Link to my DA is above my signature!

#288 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,301 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Is it ok if I suggest some here?

Like,

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would have chosen a pose out of your list. But they don't fit none of the characters I've listed.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 25 April 2017 - 09:56 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#289 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Is it ok if I suggest some here?

Like,

I would have chosen a pose out of your list. But they don't fit none of the characters I've listed.

Sure!

So we have Clare, Chun-Li and Mon eh? Interesting picks!  :P

Yeah, they all need an action pose. Well i suppose Clare could have a cute out of character pose.  :D

#290 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in exile.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

Always open to new ideas!

Try combining Erza Scarlet, Sakura Haruno and Kushina Uzumaki into one character with your typical ecchi method. Lets see what you can come up  :^_^:

#291 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Try combining Erza Scarlet, Sakura Haruno and Kushina Uzumaki into one character with your typical ecchi method. Lets see what you can come up  :^_^:

That would be one strong willed character, I wonder if one character could contain that much attitude! :lol:

#292 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in exile.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

That would be one strong willed character, I wonder if one character could contain that much attitude! :lol:

Yeah one nasty female character with an attitude problem. Because of that of that, she doesn't get too many boyfriends. Perhaps only one and she's considered to be the most powerful female out from the human race that can pack a punch of over 100 megatons, categorized as one of the God-slaying Techniques. They called it The Hand of Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer), which is based off the Strength of A 100 Seal Jutsu attack. A first design of her although my artist messed up on the facial expression.

#293 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Back from the brink!

This was a requested drawing from a raffle winner of mine over at Deviantart.

Spoiler Jeanne d'Arc

• RhyssaFireheart likes this

#294 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,301 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Where strings come out.... I see what you did there....

• Tom Ace likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#295 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

Where strings come out.... I see what you did there....

Hah! I wish i could take credit for that, but alas, the reference i was given had it that way as well.

#296 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

your lines are disappearing before my very eyes tom-san.  stop getting better, damnit, i'll never catch you!!!

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#297 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

your lines are disappearing before my very eyes tom-san.  stop getting better, damnit, i'll never catch you!!!

You give me to much credit, I've not drawn as much as i should have these past few months, but i am trying to get back into it!

if you're serious about getting better at drawing then there is something you can do to really improve.

First off get a few sheets of printer paper, a clipboard and a pencil. Then go and find a drawing online that you really like, then copy that drawing the best you can and take as much time as needed to finish it. Also try to not erase as much as possible.

After you have finished the drawing, it will be flawed, that's a fact. I myself still cannot 100% copy a drawing, but what you need to do is look very closely as to why it's different, "heads to big" "legs to long" whatever, only after you understand its flaws should you try to correct them on your next attempt, and if you repeat this enough times you will for a fact improve.

As a general tip for drawing something you're looking at, you should always relate parts of the drawing to each other before you commit to a line, something in an illustration will always be related to something else no matter what it is.

Take my Jeanne drawing as an example. You can see that her eyes are level with each other and the overall image, so you know no matter what they will stay level in the copy.

We can also see that her hair, if simplified, is in a tear drop shape, or that the the final fold on both sides of her hoodie is almost perfectly level to each other, there will always be a relation you just have to find it. It's also a great idea to look at a lot of art you like even when you're not drawing. But when you do, make sure you truly look at them and understand why lines are where they are.

There's also negative or dead space that you can draw, for example the space between her left arm and hip, there is a shape there that if you can recreate then you don't need to guess where the arm goes in relation to the hip/body.

I may have some talent idk, but when i started drawing i would spend 6 or so hours every day drawing, even if it was crap, and trust me a lot was crap, and all i did was copy things i liked.

I could go on for a very long time about all this stuff cause it's interesting, but i have trouble putting my thoughts into understandable words, so i hope you or anyone who reads this takes something away from it that can help.

• retroluffy13 likes this

#298 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:11 PM

You give me to much credit, I've not drawn as much as i should have these past few months, but i am trying to get back into it!

if you're serious about getting better at drawing then there is something you can do to really improve.

First off get a few sheets of printer paper, a clipboard and a pencil. Then go and find a drawing online that you really like, then copy that drawing the best you can and take as much time as needed to finish it. Also try to not erase as much as possible.

After you have finished the drawing, it will be flawed, that's a fact. I myself still cannot 100% copy a drawing, but what you need to do is look very closely as to why it's different, "heads to big" "legs to long" whatever, only after you understand its flaws should you try to correct them on your next attempt, and if you repeat this enough times you will for a fact improve.

As a general tip for drawing something you're looking at, you should always relate parts of the drawing to each other before you commit to a line, something in an illustration will always be related to something else no matter what it is.

Take my Jeanne drawing as an example. You can see that her eyes are level with each other and the overall image, so you know no matter what they will stay level in the copy.

We can also see that her hair, if simplified, is in a tear drop shape, or that the the final fold on both sides of her hoodie is almost perfectly level to each other, there will always be a relation you just have to find it. It's also a great idea to look at a lot of art you like even when you're not drawing. But when you do, make sure you truly look at them and understand why lines are where they are.

There's also negative or dead space that you can draw, for example the space between her left arm and hip, there is a shape there that if you can recreate then you don't need to guess where the arm goes in relation to the hip/body.

I may have some talent idk, but when i started drawing i would spend 6 or so hours every day drawing, even if it was crap, and trust me a lot was crap, and all i did was copy things i liked.

I could go on for a very long time about all this stuff cause it's interesting, but i have trouble putting my thoughts into understandable words, so i hope you or anyone who reads this takes something away from it that can help.

well ya know. things like body shape I got down pretty good, and I'm good at generating faces because ive litteraally watched to many hlours of television to count, so theres a lot to take from in terms of visual.

its things like  different angles and perspective at odd angles I'm working on now mostly as well as my shadows and detailing.  been thinkin I might giv horikoshi's detailing style a try and see how it works out with my "og dragonball" esk style

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#299 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

well ya know. things like body shape I got down pretty good, and I'm good at generating faces because ive litteraally watched to many hlours of television to count, so theres a lot to take from in terms of visual.

its things like  different angles and perspective at odd angles I'm working on now mostly as well as my shadows and detailing.  been thinkin I might giv horikoshi's detailing style a try and see how it works out with my "og dragonball" esk style

Sadly there is no easy path, if you wanna be able to draw in a style like someone else then you need to know the basics, all skilled artists know and understand them. Anatomy, expressions, form, perspective, composition, color theory and more. As well as the more nuance things you can learn to create great art.

Even after years i still work on it myself.

On a different note. I suppose i need to draw less ecchi stuff so i can post more of my art here.... I guess i have become desensitized from all the anatomy studies and manga like Fairy Tail  :lol:

It is a very odd thing/feeling when someone says your art is "sexy", and while i understand why it is "sexy" i never get that feeling towards my own art. I suppose when you create line for line everything in an image it doesn't bring out the same emotions as it does to others.

• RhyssaFireheart and retroluffy13 like this

#300 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

@Tom Ace

Sadly there is no easy path, if you wanna be able to draw in a style like someone else then you need to know the basics, all skilled artists know and understand them. Anatomy, expressions, form, perspective, composition, color theory and more. As well as the more nuance things you can learn to create great art.

Even after years i still work on it myself.

On a different note. I suppose i need to draw less ecchi stuff so i can post more of my art here.... I guess i have become desensitized from all the anatomy studies and manga like Fairy Tail  :lol:

It is a very odd thing/feeling when someone says your art is "sexy", and while i understand why it is "sexy" i never get that feeling towards my own art. I suppose when you create line for line everything in an image it doesn't bring out the same emotions as it does to others.

color theory, composition, and perspective are definitely big deficits of mine.  for one, I only use black, white, and grey when I draw so as to be less reliant on color to make m stuff look good you know?  a lot of cartoonists will get lazy just because they get a little color in they're life.  preasant company excluded.  the way you do it is more like how a mangaka would if he had more color to work with.

but its helped a bit in term of overcoming the American hump to break into more detailed work.  now at least I'm past SpongeBob tier, which is pretty great in my book anyways.

you should try some more directed shots as opposed to your anatomy drawings.  I feel like you got the hang of that pretty good.  but if you really want to work on your expressions, you gotta start thinking of your drawings as scenes as opposed to pictures, you know?  just a bit of the directors tounch.  simple things, like what a girls fface looks like when shes thinking about breakfast.  stuff like that.  they'd take longer to draw but you'd come out with some fantastic work I'm sure.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 August 2017 - 09:52 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users