Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

@Tom Ace

color theory, composition, and perspective are definitely big deficits of mine.  for one, I only use black, white, and grey when I draw so as to be less reliant on color to make m stuff look good you know?  a lot of cartoonists will get lazy just because they get a little color in they're life.  preasant company excluded.  the way you do it is more like how a mangaka would if he had more color to work with.

but its helped a bit in term of overcoming the American hump to break into more detailed work.  now at least I'm past SpongeBob tier, which is pretty great in my book anyways.

you should try some more directed shots as opposed to your anatomy drawings.  I feel like you got the hang of that pretty good.  but if you really want to work on your expressions, you gotta start thinking of your drawings as scenes as opposed to pictures, you know?  just a bit of the directors tounch.  simple things, like what a girls fface looks like when shes thinking about breakfast.  stuff like that.  they'd take longer to draw but you'd come out with some fantastic work I'm sure.

Indeed, color theory and backgrounds are my current weakness.

Truth be told most American comics are far more detailed than most manga or manhwa, it's stuff like the Simpsons or SpongeBob that give it a bad name for being less detailed. I'm just not as big of a fan of the hyper detailed comics.

Yeah i have been creating my drawings with more of a story in mind, at least to me anyway. That reminds me of my OC Lily and how i have been working on a scene of her and how i have been changing it over time.

This is the current version, and it could change a lot until i finish it.

Spoiler

There is also this Rem Halloween drawing i have been working on for a long while, that i don't think i have posted here........

Spoiler

Still very much a work in progress, as i can now see a few flaws.

• DarkNemesis and retroluffy13 like this

#302 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

duuuuuude those tombstones are sick

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#303 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

duuuuuude those tombstones are sick

Thanks! I do want to add more decay/overgrown stuff to them to get a more creepy vibe.

#304 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

Here is a wip of a requested drawing of Lilith Asami as well as sketches of Ikumi Mito and Caulifa!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#305 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

Finished in time for Halloween!