• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#101 saskasa

saskasa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

Love the fairy tail art !!! :D  GO chesk my latest post would like some feed pach from othe artists :D !

#102 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Daughters of Nightmare

Spoiler

• DarkNemesis, RhyssaFireheart, steamjunkie and 2 others like this

#103 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

Very cool. You might find this weird, but the fog is the best part. It creates contrast that makes the picture pop up at me.

• Tom Ace likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#104 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

Very cool. You might find this weird, but the fog is the best part. It creates contrast that makes the picture pop up at me.

Don't find it weird at all i find it great! It's what i was going for!  :xD:

I think i like drawing backgrounds now! 

Edited by Tom Ace, 14 November 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#105 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

An early sketch of a new Rukia dawing.

Spoiler Oh i love messy hair :aww: 

• RhyssaFireheart likes this

#106 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

Getting caught up - your anatomy is very, very good. It's obvious you've put in work studying and practicing (unlike me, I can't be bothered, hence why I do abstracts, lol!).  Wouldn't mind seeing a finished pencil or b/w drawing instead of one with color.  I really like how your lines look but for me, something gets lost when you add the color, although it's getting better in your most recent pics.  

I think it's a lack of true darks in the shading for the figures.  For example, in your "Daughters of Nightmares" piece above, look at the collar of the older woman.  Her neck and the inside of her collar there should be far darker than what it is now, going by the overall tone of the piece.  The general light source seems to be from above center, so the girls' feet should be darker as well, or more obscured by the fog.

Looks like you've got a nice blend of soft and cell shading going on though, I like that.  I never could get the hang of cell shading so I always appreciate seeing someone do it well, IMO.

• Tom Ace likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#107 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

Getting caught up - your anatomy is very, very good. It's obvious you've put in work studying and practicing (unlike me, I can't be bothered, hence why I do abstracts, lol!). Wouldn't mind seeing a finished pencil or b/w drawing instead of one with color. I really like how your lines look but for me, something gets lost when you add the color, although it's getting better in your most recent pics.

So I'm not the only one who notices that. I thought it was just the non-artist in me :mellow: so I didn't say too much about it.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#108 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

Getting caught up - your anatomy is very, very good. It's obvious you've put in work studying and practicing (unlike me, I can't be bothered, hence why I do abstracts, lol!).  Wouldn't mind seeing a finished pencil or b/w drawing instead of one with color.  I really like how your lines look but for me, something gets lost when you add the color, although it's getting better in your most recent pics.  

I think it's a lack of true darks in the shading for the figures.  For example, in your "Daughters of Nightmares" piece above, look at the collar of the older woman.  Her neck and the inside of her collar there should be far darker than what it is now, going by the overall tone of the piece.  The general light source seems to be from above center, so the girls' feet should be darker as well, or more obscured by the fog.

Looks like you've got a nice blend of soft and cell shading going on though, I like that.  I never could get the hang of cell shading so I always appreciate seeing someone do it well, IMO.

Most of my studies have gone into anatomy and general lines art for the first three years, for this past year i have been trying to get better at a painterly style, i have always like doing black and white line arts more than colorings yet it seems like not many others do. 

I have seriously thought of doing a few b&w, and maybe i'll start with that blue lined Rukia sketch.

You know... you're right about the Daughters of Nightmare coloring, i didn't even see that, i get tunnel vision sometimes. :lolxg:

I noticed that i never did post the sketch of Daughters of Nightmare, and i wanted too.  :(

Well it's never to late, right?

Spoiler

I painted in the background without line arts so, yeah......

Not really art related but one of my sig's i uploaded to Imgur (Tasha from witch hunter) has 60K views and has 7.25gb of banwith, wtf...............

Edited by Tom Ace, 24 November 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#109 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Not really art related but one of my sig's i uploaded to Imgur (Tasha from witch hunter) has 60K views and has 7.25gb of banwith, wtf...............

You're just now realizing that you're this awesome. The humility is too strong in you my friend :kakashi:

• Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler

#110 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

Meganekko Rukia:aww:

Spoiler

• DarkNemesis, steamjunkie and YoWid like this

#111 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

My current WIP.

Spoiler Soi Fon Sketch

I'm still not sure if i want to paint this, but i am thinking i will....

#112 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

@Tom Ace - ichiban-san! you are taking the game to the next level eh? I'd like to see that colored up as well!
personal request (obviously, don't have to do it) could you show shadow clones (slightly faded or distorted) in that as well?
  • Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler

#113 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

@Tom Ace - ichiban-san! you are taking the game to the next level eh? I'd like to see that colored up as well!
personal request (obviously, don't have to do it) could you show shadow clones (slightly faded or distorted) in that as well?

I had the same idea, my only problem is that i would need to draw multiple Soi Fon's, unless i just copy/paste the same one, but that would seem odd would it not? I really don't know.... :(

#114 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

I had the same idea, my only problem is that i would need to draw multiple Soi Fon's, unless i just copy/paste the same one, but that would seem odd would it not? I really don't know.... :(

That's pretty much the way the anime (or even manga) does it, is it not? You could challenge yourself and draw multiple and differently positioned Soi-Fons if you wanted to. :shrug:

Edited by DarkNemesis, 01 December 2014 - 01:22 PM.

Spoiler

#115 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

An updated version!

Spoiler Soi Fon

I worked on the BG a bit, still needs more work but its getting there. This one will take a while.......

#116 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

It's done.

Spoiler Onmitsukidou

• DarkNemesis, RhyssaFireheart and steamjunkie like this

#117 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

I felt like it was time to make some more fan service art!   :perv:

What would you guys (and gals   ;) ) rate it 0 to Mashima.

You can find it on my DA too

Spoiler Lucy pinup!!

I can hope that Mashima would be proud. :aww:  

• RhyssaFireheart, steamjunkie, Royal_King and 1 other like this

#118 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:34 AM

It's done.

10/10!
  • Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler

#119 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

I tried creating a wallpaper from scratch.

Black Rock Shooter

Spoiler

The DL on my DA is 4k resolution.

• steamjunkie likes this

#120 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Queen Shit.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,416 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

Pleb. Do this stuff in 8K then we'll talk.

(j/k it's fantastic)

• Tom Ace likes this

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users