• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

#1 Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAn eternal sand plain under a clear blue sky.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

~Vinland Saga~

35l5cue.jpg

Vinland Saga is a Japanese historical manga series written and drawn by award-winning manga author Makoto Yukimura. The series is published by Kodansha, and was first serialized in the youth-targeted Weekly Shōnen Magazine before moving to the monthly manga magazine Afternoon, aimed at younger adult men. As of July 2012, 87 chapters have been published, 86 of which have been compiled into twelve bound volumes.Vinland Saga is set in Dane-controlled England at the start of the 11th century, and features the Danish invaders of England commonly known as Vikings. The story combines a dramatization of King Cnut the Great's historical rise to power with a revenge plot centered on the historical explorer Thorfinn, the son of a murdered ex-warrior. 

Vinland Saga can be read at http://www.mangaread...nland-saga.html, or pretty much any other manga hosting sites.

Edited by Vafhudr, 15 December 2012 - 05:58 PM.

• Rayman and Abu Dun like this

75ce44f0-c79e-4af9-8bda-76247dba21cd_zps

[The Birds of Minerva Take Flight at Dusk]

Writing Resources

[Blood History]

#2 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Well everything is about to implode on the farm its obvious the farm will go down i just wonder if Thorrfinn will try and back them up or they will manage to get Arneis and leave because i doubt he'll leave without her. I think its going to result in a fight between Ketil and Thorrfinn.

#3 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

I think Thorfinn will go against the king, and fight with Ketil, which will lead to Thorfinn's freedom and start of a new arc possibly. Btw, I hated that NTR action a while ago. Kinda made me agitated. 

Edited by ghassassin, 16 December 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#4 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

I don't think so somehow judging by how crazy Ketil has become if Thorrfinn does fight for him i think it'll only last for half the fight~

#5 Rayman

Rayman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Location505

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

I think he'll interact with Canute in some way then book it. I cant see him sticking around to fight.

I'm more intrested in what Snake will do.

#6 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

I think he'll interact with Canute in some way then book it. I cant see him sticking around to fight.

I'm more intrested in what Snake will do.

Is that Santa Askeladd in your display pic?

#7 Rayman

Rayman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Location505

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Why yes, yes it is.

Spreading cheer and christmas gore.

#8 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Holy shit. He used to be my favorite character before they killed him like a bitch.

#9 Rayman

Rayman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Location505

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

He still is my favourite character... in any manga.

And he died like a boss! D:<

#10 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Indeed, Askeladd is awesome no matter how you put it :D

#11 Tsiakkos

Tsiakkos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think we are heading to a Thorffin - Ketil showdown for the freedom of Arneis. Thorffin will join Canute. Snake on the other hand I don't have a clue. Maybe Canute will buy him off

#12 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

It would be ridiculous if the geezer manages to kill even a single person. He was on his deathbed, rolling in his shit, piss and vomit, for crying out loud. He thinks he is Kogan Iwamoto from Shigurui, or something. 

#13 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

It would be ridiculous if the geezer manages to kill even a single person. He was on his deathbed, rolling in his shit, piss and vomit, for crying out loud. He thinks he is Kogan Iwamoto from Shigurui, or something. 

That would be hilarious and awesome but also make no sense  :lol:

#14 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I think we are heading to a Thorffin - Ketil showdown for the freedom of Arneis. Thorffin will join Canute. Snake on the other hand I don't have a clue. Maybe Canute will buy him off

Thorfinn join Canute? You must be crazy the whole reason he ran away and forgot himself was because of Canute if Thorfinn knows Canute is leading there's no way he'll join.

#15 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Thorfinn join Canute? You must be crazy the whole reason he ran away and forgot himself was because of Canute if Thorfinn knows Canute is leading there's no way he'll join.

Well, to be fair Thorfinn was not in his right mind when he attacked Canute. He won't join Canute though because he is a pacifist now.

#16 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Still i think he'll still hold a grudge against Canute especially if he understands it was him that's caused Ketil's farm to go to war i think seeing Canute again would trigger part of Thorfinn's old side.

#17 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Still i think he'll still hold a grudge against Canute especially if he understands it was him that's caused Ketil's farm to go to war i think seeing Canute again would trigger part of Thorfinn's old side.

I doubt it, Thorfinn has become so calm and gotten rid of all his anger. He seems also to be too tormented by self-guilt to be blaming anyone else.

#18 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

He has to fight. Otherwise there is nothing left in this series. I still believe he'll fight from Ketil's side. Win or not, all slaves will be free. Besides, Thorfinn has always known Canute's true nature, so he'll never join him. That will be very lame if it happens. 

#19 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Indeed, Askeladd is awesome no matter how you put it :D

I agree. As a matter a fact, I try to think of a singlr character in manga in general, as awesome and well written as Askeladd, but currently can't think of one.. Can you guys?

#20 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

I kinda liked Bjorn too, but not even close to Askeladd. There is Askeladd, and then there are the rest. Regarding Thorfinn, I kinda hate how they changed from a brat to an emo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users