Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Honestly, it is not too much to expect at least 30 pages in a monthly series

There are monthly series with 40-50 pages per chapter.

Just fuck this. A frigging Bleach chapter is longer.

Edited by Rashugun, 27 December 2012 - 05:15 PM.

6474505L.gif

#42 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

There are monthly series with 40-50 pages per chapter.

Just fuck this. A frigging Bleach chapter is longer.

I know but considering that Vinland Saga was never in that category, i would be ok with at least 30 pages. 16 pages in 1 month though is a bit disappointing.

qhz8b56l.png

#43 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

It is very infuriating not to have a longer chapter despite being a monthly series...

#44 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Well considering the level of the art it isn't surprising there aren't that many pages per chapter sometimes. 30+ pages every chapter a month just isn't going to happen.

Anyway, I think that when the time comes Thorfinn will fight. Him coming to the realization that he doesn't want to be the person he was but he also can't just sit back and do nothing was one of the main developments of the current arc. Though whether or not he uses lethal force is still up in the air. Obviously he would prefer not to kill again, but even if he is as skillful as he is I can't see him fighting the rest of way and not having to take a life. So it is going to be interesting to see what he does and how he handles it once that time comes.

#45 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I am sorry but that´s not gonna cut it. VS has one of the most beautiful art in manga i have seen but that does not change the fact that i have seen weekly or biweekly mangas which could keep up with the artwork but still delivered 20 pages in a shorter time. I mean we are almost at Berserk level now with the page numbers. I do not want to blow this out of proportion since this is not a regular occurrence with VS (something can always hinder the author´s work) but i was still disappointed. It´s not like the author of VS can not do more, the average page count should be approx 26-28 pages per chapter.

qhz8b56l.png

#46 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I didn't even notice that it was so short. I guess I'm not really that invested in Vinland Saga. I find Makoto Yukimura's previous manga, Planetes, to be far superior. There were times reading Vinland Saga that I just wanted it to end because I knew the author was capable of better. Now, I like it well enough and I am kind of just waiting for Thorfinn and Leif to go to the New World. I'm much more interested in the potential there than what is currently going on with Canute.

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#47 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

lol Einar is mad at Ketil  :lol:

That reunion was kinda...... not as dramatic as I expected it to be.

At least Ketil gathered more men than I expected and he knows how to raise the morale, I just hope they have actually been preparing for the battle and make bows, fences or something that could give them advantage. Although it would be silly if Canute did not bring archery weapons as well  :D

#48 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

It would be ridiculous to see a handful of farmers fighting against the King of Denmark. The author has gone nuts. 

#49 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Well it is pretty obvious they do not have the advantage but you gotta give them that it's pretty ballsy to fight against the king.

But who knows, maybe everyone chickens out and run the fuck away. Another victory for pacifism  :lol:

• Rashugun likes this

#50 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

It would be ridiculous to see a handful of farmers fighting against the King of Denmark. The author has gone nuts. 

This chapter discussed how hopeless it was for the farmers.

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#51 Rashugun

Rashugun

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationAbove you.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I didn't even notice that it was so short. I guess I'm not really that invested in Vinland Saga. I find Makoto Yukimura's previous manga, Planetes, to be far superior. There were times reading Vinland Saga that I just wanted it to end because I knew the author was capable of better. Now, I like it well enough and I am kind of just waiting for Thorfinn and Leif to go to the New World. I'm much more interested in the potential there than what is currently going on with Canute.

Do you think so about the Prelude of Vinland Saga, too? 

6474505L.gif

#52 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Vinland Saga chapter 90 http://www.sendspace.com/file/2shuhz

@rashugun: I find the prelude to be far superior to anything we have seen after that

Edited by ShinmenTakezo, 24 January 2013 - 11:39 AM.

qhz8b56l.png

#53 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Well I feel silly thinking they stood a chance as long as they had arrows but that is what you get if you don't have any shields, though they are just too strong so they managed to prolong their lives by running away  :lol:

But still I feel kinda letdown by Snake's reason for staying in the farm. With his skill he could have easily joined the king's army if he just needed a roof to live under, but maybe his screw-up does have something to do with the royal family. I just hope we finally get to see some action in the next chapter, though it's gonna be a massacre  -_-

#54 DeadFantasy

DeadFantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationLukedonia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I liked the chapter but the wait is too long and the chapters are too short.. >_<

aeons1.gif

Favorite Manga:

Spoiler

#55 Deathkingdome

Deathkingdome

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • LocationViking Nation

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Haha, Ketil. He tricked them. Aw man poor farmers, they are going to be massacred. I can´t wait to see Thorgill, and Snake in action and see if they can match the Jomsvikings. Longer chapters please.  

Edited by Deathkingdome, 25 January 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#56 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ya, poor farmers. Where is Thorkell when you need him to switch sides for the fun of it.

#57 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Well, to be fair they're gonna go to Valhalla after this which is better than most farmers get. 

On the other hand, Valhalla is crapsack so *shrugs*

#58 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

It's interesting that Snake personally knew the real Iron Fist, and even moreso that he decided to stay with the fraud simply because he would feel ashamed to run after ripping him off for so long.

Given that his comrades are at least somewhat decent warriors, I expect them to hold out the longest against the Jomsviking, even though they'll ultimately be killed to the last. Or, as a twist, one of the farmers is going to sell Ketil once he learns the truth, probably to get on Canute's good side. Of course, knowing what Canute does with traitors, it won't change a thing and the farmers are royally screwed :rolleyes:

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#59 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I just pray if Thorfinn is gonna intervene he is gonna do something smart and not act like Naruto and just beg Ketil to just surrender  :unsure:

#60 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I just pray if Thorfinn is gonna intervene he is gonna do something smart and not act like Naruto and just beg Ketil to just surrender  :unsure:

Best thing be to rile Canute and get a lopsided 1 on 1 duel to settle things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users