zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

yeah but bellamy was always like that too he didn't change either just like ussop. But since usopp is a main character the expectations are higher or the hope for change is higher since sooner or later he needs to be more badass in a 9-11 headed pirate crew that has the ambition to be the strongest crew out there...

Yes, but there's a difference. On this page, Bellamy seemed to hint a fundamental change in character; he sounded like he was disillusioned. But nope, on this page, he goes all "Doflamingo is my heeeerooooo~" again, which means he hadn't really risen above that part. And while that's an indication of Doflamingo's charisma, it still wasn't as good for Bellamy as I had hoped. Thus the disappointment. =)

Besides, it's fair to say that one is disappointed with post-TS Usopp - but the timeskip happened in 2010! One should know by now - after both Fishman Island and Punk Hazard - that Usopp is slightly braver than he was, but there's no fundamental change. So to be disappointed with that in 2013 when we already experienced it through 2011 and 2012 seems... I don't know, I don't quite see why one would expect more from him at this point. Directly after the timeskip? Sure. Now? Not really.:shrug:

• Scorpion2k4u likes this

Spoiler for the quotables!

Mun364G.png

#22 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Yes, but there's a difference. On this page, Bellamy seemed to hint a fundamental change in character; he sounded like he was disillusioned. But nope, on this page, he goes all "Doflamingo is my heeeerooooo~" again, which means he hadn't really risen above that part. And while that's an indication of Doflamingo's charisma, it still wasn't as good for Bellamy as I had hoped. Thus the disappointment. =)

Besides, it's fair to say that one is disappointed with post-TS Usopp - but the timeskip happened in 2010! One should know by now - after both Fishman Island and Punk Hazard - that Usopp is slightly braver than he was, but there's no fundamental change. So to be disappointed with that in 2013 when we already experienced it through 2011 and 2012 seems... I don't know, I don't quite see why one would expect more from him at this point. Directly after the timeskip? Sure. Now? Not really. :shrug:

You mean the same page that has "In order to overcome the new wave that's coming, I'll place myself in DD's ships" 

How is being open to the idea of following dreams beyond all logic, opposes his DREAM of being part of Donquixote's ship? 

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#23 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

You mean the same page that has "In order to overcome the new wave that's coming, I'll place myself in DD's ships" 

How is being open to the idea of following dreams beyond all logic, opposes his DREAM of being part of Donquixote's ship? 

Yeah, but it didn't sound like he was so starry-eyed anymore. It sounded more like an ambition based on reason than on fandom.:shrug:

Spoiler for the quotables!

Mun364G.png

#24 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, but it didn't sound like he was so starry-eyed anymore. It sounded more like an ambition based on reason than on fandom. :shrug:

You're pre-skip Bellamy.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#25 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

I'll be impressed when Bellamy finally realizes that he has to live for himself.  without personal ambition, you'll always get knocked around in life.  as it is now, oda has left Bellamy's character open ended and could easily have him make the change, but since that didn't happen in 2013 it left me very disappoint.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#26 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

It's not Bellamy who will change, it's Donquixote. How much ya wanna bet Donquixote makes it out because of Bellamy. 

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#27 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

How much you wanna bet that five seconds later Bellamy pulls a trigger and blows up their boat?

donQuixote:  and well run through the clouds again, won't we Bellamy?

Bellamy: of course don, of course we will...

*boom*

Edited by retroluffy13, 10 January 2014 - 02:24 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#28 soccerislife

soccerislife

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationIn the darkness....No, seriously, anyone have a flashlight?

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Robin won well deserved titles. :perv:

KUn5clI.jpg

Too lazy to change the sig. Found the avatar too hilarious to pass up though. xD

#29 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

I think the reason so many are disappointed with bellamy is the same reason people are disappointed with rihanna.  when you get your ass kicked by a loved one, people only feel sorry for you after the first time.  after that its your own damn fault.

Lmao, all this time I've been reading this as Rebecca.... 

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#30 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Lmao, all this time I've been reading this as Rebecca....

This amuses me more then it probably should.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#31 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,614 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Last winner makes me happy.

• Furinji Saiga likes this

#32 555551

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Most of the winners deserved their spots i think with maybe one or two exceptions but whatever. 

I liked the design of the new admiral but i thought there were some cooler designs out there. Barto was original and Bian the little bee dwarf was kinda cool but the ppl have spoken.

#33 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Besides, it's fair to say that one is disappointed with post-TS Usopp - but the timeskip happened in 2010! One should know by now - after both Fishman Island and Punk Hazard - that Usopp is slightly braver than he was, but there's no fundamental change. So to be disappointed with that in 2013 when we already experienced it through 2011 and 2012 seems... I don't know, I don't quite see why one would expect more from him at this point. Directly after the timeskip? Sure. Now? Not really. :shrug:

Lol, how the hell does that insinuate disillusionment? DD was still his idol and continues to be so and to be quote honest, i would have doubted Bellamy´s sincerity towards DD being his "hero" if he had completely changed his view of DD after the incident with Dellinger. His admiration and loyalty for DD is not bound to a mutual and equitable relationship, meaning it is probably one of the most genuine display of feelings we got in One Piece.

The fact that he was crying was not about DD "betraying" him, it was because Bellamy realized that he is too weak to serve DD sufficiently, which is also the reason he decides to leave but still does not act against Doflamingo which in turn would have actually been disappointing and out of character imo.

The only thing i was slightly disappointed about was how fast Bellamy decided to assassinate Luffy that fast after, well, getting a bit friendly with him but then again, it underlines his loyalty again i guess.

Regarding Usopp, it is not really his cowardice that was disappointing and annoying, it is everything that happened on Green Bit with the dwarves, meaning his bullshit.

• Fulmine likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#34 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Usopp's cowardice is his bullshit though
  • Insane Soul likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#35 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,614 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Usoop in general is bullshit, no need to be specific.

#36 Qbix

Qbix

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationRobin's lap

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Usoop in general is bullshit, no need to be specific.

Beg your pardon? Ussop is one of the most important members the Strawhats have.

• Sauron likes this

#37 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

Usopp's cowardice is his bullshit though

His lies and deceiving nature towards the dwarves is not really a part of his cowardice though

qhz8b56l.png

#38 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

seriously. who were the main voters on this thing? zoro fans?.

24gvaiu.jpg

#39 MooshiMooosh

MooshiMooosh

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationDressrosa

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

seriously. who were the main voters on this thing? zoro fans?.

No

#40 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

next year Ryokugyu will be the best Marines. :kakashi:

• Furinji Saiga and 4everRouya like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users