• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#141 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

will we have the complete vote results too?
or the nominations scores as asked before?

this forum loves to hate Sanji so much :meh: Raizo looked more disappointing to me, after Kinemon and Kanjuro he was meh

Kin was a samurai that could take using his farts and has the power to turn rocks into cloths.....
Kan was a bad artist with the power to bring his bad art to life
They were a comedy act. Why did you think the ninja would be any different? What did he even do to be a dissapointment? Look ugly? Have silly moves?

Sanji was ridding a wave of hype, honestly unless he personally beat up BM he wouldn't of been able to live up to it all.

And not only did he fail to do anything to live up to the hype, he did serve all actions which were objectively bad.....

Imagine this- I tell you I am going to write the greatest theory you have ever read!!!! And instead of that I just go on a racist rant.
Not only did I fail to do something you were excited for, but I actively tried to make you angry.
Which is what Sanji did.

I admit the ninja is stupid looking and dumb, but a dissapointment? Why were you hyped for him?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#142 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Kaido didn't just won 2 years in a row.
He won 3 years in a row.

@captain kidd you can't see someone being more of a disappointment than sanji. How about chopper?(...) Yeah! I thought so.

Someone up said that if miss coquine starts doing by arc, then the villain of the year will be irrelevant because the prize will always go to the main antagonist.
Well I wouldn't be so sure. In wano we will get kaido, jack, shogun and the other 2 calamities. One of them might shine brighter than the others.
In dressrosa we had DD and the top executives. DD was awesome and for that reason he shined brighter than the others. Nevertheless diamant was pure evil, the way he killed kyros wife and taunted kyros and Rebecca. Trebol was also awesome on the way he took pleasure for DD evilness and madness because he made sure DD went on that path. Yes they were a disappointment in combat power but they were real villains.

#143 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

He won 3 years in a row.

@captain kidd you can't see someone being more of a disappointment than sanji. How about chopper?(...) Yeah! I thought so.

Someone up said that if miss coquine starts doing by arc, then the villain of the year will be irrelevant because the prize will always go to the main antagonist.
Well I wouldn't be so sure. In wano we will get kaido, jack, shogun and the other 2 calamities. One of them might shine brighter than the others.
In dressrosa we had DD and the top executives. DD was awesome and for that reason he shined brighter than the others. Nevertheless diamant was pure evil, the way he killed kyros wife and taunted kyros and Rebecca. Trebol was also awesome on the way he took pleasure for DD evilness and madness because he made sure DD went on that path. Yes they were a disappointment in combat power but they were real villains.

You forgot the real best villain in Dressrossa: Senor Pink was the man there B)

Ya Soldiers and wife's crying at a funeral is nothing to be ashamed of. But the huge difference between crying over a loss and crying over a ship...... well..... you are kinda insulting soldiers by comparing a human life to that of losing a car.
That being said point taken there are times men cry and there is nothing wrong with that. Let me back track a little. Anyone that cries on screen about something that stupid is a dissapointment.
Sanji chose to not ask his super loving captain for help
Sanji chose to run away from the crew
Sanji chose to forget his already learned lesson about scarficing himself for zeff
Sanji chose to beat up and turn his back on luffy
Sanji chose to place all his trust solely in the hands of an enemy
Then Sanji expects us to feel bad for him?

Your foresight on bobbin impresses me. I never thought he was going to be all that,(although I thought he would be more then 100m) but it wasn't until Sanji kicked him that I noticed what was up.
I don't think this is the case, but what happened to bobbin almost reminds me of what happened to ft and bleach in their final days. Kubo and hiro both had big fights planned but due to time constraints had to cut them short. Maybe bobbin was supposed to be a big deal but Oda realized he needs to hurry this arc along? Or maybe Oda noticed bobbin's name doesn't fit in with the food theme then relegated him to the bottom of the totem pole.

People don't cry for others to feel bad for them, but because THEY do feel bad (sadly some do it to gain attention, but that's so stupid...).

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#144 Strikto

Strikto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

If anyone has hated Sanji, he won't be there sitting in the disappointment category...
You know why he is there.

#145 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

He won 3 years in a row.

You know I never actually expected anything from chopper. I hate time limits. When chopper was introduced he had a clear 3 minute time limit to win a fight and I personally hated it. Also I hate his half human half monster form. Lucci kaku every zoan has an awesome half human half monster form except chopper.... could you imagine how awesome chopper would be if his hybrid form looked like lucci's only with horns? Then I realized zoan suck and chopper never had a chance....

So for chopper to be a dissapointment that implies I expected something from him, which I never would dare to do.

That was me who said that. I don't think that is true though I know a lot of villains are memorable and most of them have good qualities, I really liked hannyabal from ID, but even I would admit Magellan was the best villain that arc.

Honestly from a writing perspective if Oda isn't trying to make the main villain..... the main villain.... he is wrong. Oda typically does an amazing job making the main villain the main villain, I can't name too many arc where the enemy leader wasn't the leader. Maybe one could argue cp9 spandam was the main villain and lucci stole the show....

You forgot the real best villain in Dressrossa: Senor Pink was the man there B)

People don't cry for others to feel bad for them, but because THEY do feel bad (sadly some do it to gain attention, but that's so stupid...).

I understand that but as a writer isn't it Odas job to make us readers feel what his characters feel?

I mean if I was writing a book where the characters were always going from angry then sad then happy then sad without explanation you wouldn't be very interested would you?

banner.png

#146 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

I've nominated and voted Pekoms as a disapointing characters before Sanji, because we haven't seen much of him in fights and I thought he had potential back when he was introduced in Fishmen Island, he even has a higher bounty than Bobbin and Capone managed to get him a second time.

#147 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

I've nominated and voted Pekoms as a disapointing characters before Sanji, because we haven't seen much of him in fights and I thought he had potential back when he was introduced in Fishmen Island, he even has a higher bounty than Bobbin and Capone managed to get him a second time.

Oh that's a good call. He had an extremely high bounty one shot a SN logia and was set up to be BM's right hand.

What did he do? Well he became the first serious enemy to get defeated by guns (WB doesn't count) he became a friend of the SH crew. Then got feed to sharks.

That being said he was a zoan and I don't expect much from zoan. But you are right he has to be number two in dissapointment BM is number 0 if the poll were taken today. If this was called the year of pekoms he would of won though

banner.png

#148 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

Kin was a samurai that could take using his farts and has the power to turn rocks into cloths.....

and cut fire and explosions

Kan was a bad artist with the power to bring his bad art to life

bringing drawings to life has an huuge potential, doesn't matter the drawing quality

They were a comedy act.

i know, but the first 2 also had something interesting going for them, what did Raizo have? bootleg naruto? huge head bonus?
after the first two, Raizo was a let down, he didn't live up to the hype the first two established

(give all the reasons for why you voted anyone else, i'm not going to change my vote now)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#149 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

That was me who said that. I don't think that is true though I know a lot of villains are memorable and most of them have good qualities, I really liked hannyabal from ID, but even I would admit Magellan was the best villain that arc.

What are you talking about?
The best villain in ID was either BB or luffy!

#150 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

What are you talking about?
The best villain in ID was either BB or luffy!

Hey someone else who sees the marines as the good guys! Welcome aboard the marine train, it is lonely here but all that means is there is plenty of room once the others come to their senses.

But in all seriousness, "bad guy" or antagonist is the person who fights the protagonist.

And bb was one shot by Magellan he was a joke during his onscreen time. Apparently later he destroyed Magellan but that is none of my business.

banner.png

#151 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

I totally forgot to nominate and vote, but I'm impressed the most disappointing character is Bobbins (Many here thought he was going to be Zoro's opponent) or Jack (Dude talked and talked, but did jack-shit)

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#152 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

I totally forgot to nominate and vote, but I'm impressed the most disappointing character is Bobbins (Many here thought he was going to be Zoro's opponent) or Jack (Dude talked and talked, but did jack-shit)

Sanji was the most dissapointing

Was that this year? I thought jack was one shot last year. Wow that is a good point......

Not only that hut jack won best villain.

Hummmmm...... I kinda am on a fence right now Sanji vs jack for worst character......

Sanji let down a lot of fans who expected a lot of him....

But jack was even worse....
"I am going to defeat an admiral"
Next day newspaper- jack is dead.
"I am going to kill you all and capture the ninja"
5 days later- jacks entire crew defeated. Leaves w/o ninja
"I am going to kill that elephant"
With cannons!!!!!!!!! Durpppp!!!!

You know, I never expected jack to defeat an admiral that is probably what got me off the hype train at the first stop and softened the blow.

banner.png

#153 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

or Jack (Dude talked and talked, but did jack-shit)

:laugh: was that intentional?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#154 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

And by the way, there IS a character who dissapointed (ME) more than Sanji did: Bobbin. I don't know why people where shocled by the bounty, the moment he was seen with the rage army you could see he wasn't going to be the hyped character most of people thought he was. That's a dissapointing character to me (Sanji didn't disapoint me, as everything he did fits on his personality imo).

But why is he disappointing?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#155 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

But why is he disappointing?

Because he didn't meet my expectations.

You know I never actually expected anything from chopper. I hate time limits. When chopper was introduced he had a clear 3 minute time limit to win a fight and I personally hated it. Also I hate his half human half monster form. Lucci kaku every zoan has an awesome half human half monster form except chopper.... could you imagine how awesome chopper would be if his hybrid form looked like lucci's only with horns? Then I realized zoan suck and chopper never had a chance....

So for chopper to be a dissapointment that implies I expected something from him, which I never would dare to do.

Honestly from a writing perspective if Oda isn't trying to make the main villain..... the main villain.... he is wrong. Oda typically does an amazing job making the main villain the main villain, I can't name too many arc where the enemy leader wasn't the leader. Maybe one could argue cp9 spandam was the main villain and lucci stole the show....

I understand that but as a writer isn't it Odas job to make us readers feel what his characters feel?

I mean if I was writing a book where the characters were always going from angry then sad then happy then sad without explanation you wouldn't be very interested would you?

Well yes it is, but then is the way Oda is handling Sanji what you're critizising, right? The thing is your point began with a mere "man crying over sadness is disapointing", but now it looks more like the problem is it wasn't properly portrayed (isn't it?). Maybe your initial idea was to mean that but you simply went the easy way and wrote that and I'm giving too much importance to the sentence itself, its just that I couldn't see the disapointing part of someone crying over sadness.

#156 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

But you just said you didn't think he would be big-shot...

That said, he can still be very strong or important. The latest chapter isn't confirming anything.

#157 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

But you just said you didn't think he would be big-shot...

That said, he can still be very strong or important. The latest chapter isn't confirming anything.

What I said is that the moment I saw him with the rage army I stopped thinking he was a big shot (as in that being the point I got disapointed), so that for the last chapter, when the bounty was seen, I wasn't disapointed at all.

Even if, of course, he might still be a big shot, but judging from the latest spoilers for next chapter I see it slightly more difficult (but of course the posibility exists)

#158 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:29 AM

@Madara D Dragon I see. But I don't even understand why people think he's big-shot in the first place. Nothing hints that as far as I remember. He did nothing until he was shown leading the Enraged Army.

#159 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:19 AM

@Madara D Dragon I see. But I don't even understand why people think he's big-shot in the first place. Nothing hints that as far as I remember. He did nothing until he was shown leading the Enraged Army.

Nah,it was mere illusion to be honest. We just saw him talk to BM when her shadowy face was seen in FI arc, talking about wiping an island,with a big sword and interesting design, a lot of us thought he would be a commander. Obviously baseless, it ended out being that most of BMs characters (the ones on the rage army) without being commanders have interesting designs,which makes sense and makes it feel less like there are just 3 important guys and the rest are CoC KOed fodder

#160 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Well yes it is, but then is the way Oda is handling Sanji what you're critizising, right? The thing is your point began with a mere "man crying over sadness is disapointing", but now it looks more like the problem is it wasn't properly portrayed (isn't it?). Maybe your initial idea was to mean that but you simply went the easy way and wrote that and I'm giving too much importance to the sentence itself, its just that I couldn't see the disapointing part of someone crying over sadness.

Ya you are right I didn't express my message clearly, maybe it is because in the past 2 days I have lost 3 really long responses to refreshes and no auto save...

But if I were to clean up that initial post. I would probably say

"When a man is set up to be a conquering hero, and we see scenes of him crying, that naturally leads to dissapointment"
There is nothing wrong with crying over loss, but a soldier sure as hell wouldn't do it in the middle of battle (they can but they shouldn't)

You don't remember the tread?

Here let me take you back! Long long ago after FI we were introduced to our first emperor! Our first of the two we didn't already know... it was BM! She was scary and ate people (later turned out to be living food) and had a minion who reported back to her talking to her like an equal asking for snacks reporting he just destroyed an entire island!!

This guy was bobbin!

So after seeing these 4 panels of him, and without even an introduction some excited members here made a thread for him and started talking about how he is BM's #2 the Marco of the BM pirates.

This confused me at first because the only way we knew his name was because someone said it in a bubble, due to the lack of good translations back then I assumed it wasn't a name and just a stupid mistranslation. That is how little relevance he was introduced with.

Of course the heavy handed parallel was when WB was introduced Marco and jozu were both seen.

So that is why I laugh at him being fodder. People 6 years ago started a thread to prais him as BM's top commander. It was funny enoug, shut down, making the first and only thread shut down I agree with

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users