#21 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Yeah, bitch wrote 'til next time' and didn't give a release date this time. So don't expect anything anytime soon.

#22 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I do wonder if the magaka will even finish this manga ah well as long as there's no more distactions for Gutts group before they get to the island~

#23 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Last I remember, he was busy writing a shojo manga and was too involved in video games. He is only doing this is because of pressure from the publishers and licensees. 

#24 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Locationthe super attic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

That sucks. I would hope he would care more about his masterpiece.

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#25 Broken

Broken

San'ou

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationWhere the Chelly Brossoms Wilt

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

This manga is like if you took all the rage, sex, death, and hatred trapped in the male psyche and put it on paper. It's too much. All. the. time.

>_<;;

captainkuchiki.png

.|Tag & Icon by Me|.

#26 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

How does sex fit in all this?

#27 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think this says that Berserk returns on December 28th in Young Animal issue #1.

• fatestitcher likes this

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#28 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Alright. If I get to read it this year, I'll be glad to make it thus far. 

#29 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

This much sooner than I had thought. :D

Posted Image

#30 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yay! I get to read one more Berserk chapter before the next year, awesome late xmas present!  :D

#31 kenjitr

kenjitr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wow berserk is coming back lol , i hope this manga finishes when i am allive :)

h42vj.jpg

#32 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Berserk usually has like 7 chapters a year at most, but it's been like that for years (at least like 3) so I don't think the pacing will change.  About the manga itself, I do miss the days of old where it was just guts and puk against the world! It was much more rutheless and serious with just a hint of comic relief (puk).  I still think it is a quality manga, just not as good.  Lately it has become less dark with all the nakama and what not and I can see how that combined with the slow pacing really pisses people off. I think the main problem now is that he has expanded the manga soooo much without increasing his pacing at all.  It used to be just, then Guts and the band of hawk (who were always doing the same thing pretty much anyway), then Guts again. Now there are tons of complex characters to spread the focus to and a lot of the chapters feel like wastes of time.  Now, I love berserk, but why on earth would you devote an entire chapter to Irvine almost killing an ugly bird beast when you only put out one once every 3 months!  I would find it very acceptable and cool if this was weekly, hell even every other week.  I would probably love reading Berserk so much more if I waited till I was 50 and read the whole series at once (if it will be done by then).  I swear if the mangaka dies before he is done I will find that SOB's grave and beat his @$$ to life again! I may start the zombie apocolypse but at least I will have my closure!

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#33 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Oh guts, how I <3 you so much. It's a shame, I got around to the kushan invasion, and quit the manga when they got a band together. The anime doesn't do the manga justice imo. Then again most of the time manga>anime.

#34 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

You quit the manga for good!? I didn't think the group they made was bad enough to make people drop it.

Posted Image

#35 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

You know how you end picking up a manga, then drop it out of nowhere for no apparent reason? That's kinda what happened.

IIRC I was right when they get on the ship to that one place, after Guts Vs Windsword dude. Bit after magma dagger beats the pirate? I'm not even sure if that bit even exists.

But anyway I think what really turned me off, was hearing/reading at how slow the chapters were released. But I am getting in the mood to reread it from 1 again. 

#36 SFTitan

SFTitan

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSleeping somewhere.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

i'm just scared the author will die before berserk is anywhere near ending, which would be a double blow.

#37 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hopefully that doesn't happen, Interested to see how berserk ends.

#38 Animaniac

Animaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

And Miura even said manga's only half way through...

Seriously, I remember how hyped I was about Berserk all those years back. Right now its really not that thrilling. Even chapters we get just don't get me high anymore. I miss my fix :'(

PS. Why does my fav authors have to take forever? GRRM is same like Mirua. Good, dark story but takes forever for it to come up. 

Edited by Animaniac, 24 December 2012 - 04:15 PM.

If we don't know what we're doing enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions.

#39 Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky

Girly and Distasteful

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationCockaigne

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

You know how you end picking up a manga, then drop it out of nowhere for no apparent reason? That's kinda what happened.

IIRC I was right when they get on the ship to that one place, after Guts Vs Windsword dude. Bit after magma dagger beats the pirate? I'm not even sure if that bit even exists.

But anyway I think what really turned me off, was hearing/reading at how slow the chapters were released. But I am getting in the mood to reread it from 1 again. 

You are telling me. Those pirate arcs bored the piss out of me. Even this whole Fantasia arc is full of shit to be honest. 

i'm just scared the author will die before berserk is anywhere near ending, which would be a double blow.

If he doesn't, you will at least. We all will.

#40 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't get why he doesn't get back on it loads of people love Berserk and he's made tons of money off it and could make a lot more seems like to me the series became to twisted for even him to handle hence why he's tried to make it a lot more friendly as of late. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users