Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,300 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Chapter 355 Spoilers:

http://readberserk.c...aw-chapter-355/

So they heal her just to traumatize her again?  :huh:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#782 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'm not sure about that. I interpreted it as Guts being a trigger for bad memories. I'm just desperate for a summary, or better yet, the fucking chapter. I really want to know what happened to Casca because it looked like she transformed or something. The part with Guts in his black armour walking up to Casca in her white garb was a cool image with cool symbolism.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#783 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Last Page: "Continues next time" with no date. 

RIP. At least she healed?

#784 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:29 PM

True. One time is more than enough, but I was curious how Farnese and Schierke would have reacted to it if they saw it... in full detail... on second thought maybe it is a good thing we didn't see it. >_<

Maybe if we are to just see an reaction on their faces.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#785 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

Chapter 355 is out:

http://www.mangatail...ter/berserk-355
  • Ren-san, Shin and Tale like this

#786 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

I figured that Casca would eventually remember all of the bad memories that were associated with her past and this would effect her relationship with Guts in the present.

As always I love the artwork in this series. When the Elf King transformed Casca outfit to that of a Dark Elf outfit, it was nice to see drawn but at the same time it showed the concept of light and darkness well.

Now I am wondering how will memories of Griffith during and after the eclipse appear to Casca once they start to come back to her. Will Casca still want to serve by Griffith side regardless of the amount of pain she suffered or will she turn against him? And how will she react to seeing a version of Griffith kingdom come to reality with himself married to Queen Charlotte.

Edited by Ren-san, 21 March 2018 - 09:26 AM.

• Chillman likes this

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#787 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

That outfit looks crap...

Is that guts crying at the end?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#788 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

I'm not sure about that. I interpreted it as Guts being a trigger for bad memories. I'm just desperate for a summary, or better yet, the fucking chapter. I really want to know what happened to Casca because it looked like she transformed or something. The part with Guts in his black armour walking up to Casca in her white garb was a cool image with cool symbolism.

Maybe if we are to just see an reaction on their faces.

I hate y'all for spoiling.

#789 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

So the reunion we have been waiting so long for is delayed. So close, haha, but the double page spreads this chapter were amazing. That page with Guts walking towards Casca when she suddenly remembers all the painful memories about the Eclipse was maybe one of the best in the whole series. Then the one of Griffith's broken body and Casca getting a new dress were nice as well. 

It was interesting to see her go from being excited to finally see Guts (who looked very serious and dark when he appeared) to remembering all these painful things as soon as she saw him. Looks like the thorns around Casca's heart were her still having some serious trauma about the Eclipse, Guts and Griffith. I don't think she will hate or resent Guts but I wonder if she will be able to be around him because he triggers her trauma still. Right as she saw Guts she immediately thought of Eclipse then of of the real Griffith too. Not of Femto. The broken Griffith as she last remembered him. So it seems like she might have some concern over Griffith rather than hate or anger towards. Maybe she doesn't quite understand everything he did and Guts will have to tell her or dance around it.  Even if Casca learns the whole truth I still don't think she would be able to bring herself to harm Griffith because he meant so much to her. 

Still, her interacting with Farnese and Schierke felt so awkward with them being unsure how to address her, but it was sweet too. I really hope that she can have a pleasant reunion with Guts soon if she is able to sort of deal with her trauma better. 

• /2aw likes this

#790 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:46 AM

So the reunion we have been waiting so long for is delayed. So close, haha, but the double page spreads this chapter were amazing. That page with Guts walking towards Casca when she suddenly remembers all the painful memories about the Eclipse was maybe one of the best in the whole series. Then the one of Griffith's broken body and Casca getting a new dress were nice as well. 

It was interesting to see her go from being excited to finally see Guts (who looked very serious and dark when he appeared) to remembering all these painful things as soon as she saw him. Looks like the thorns around Casca's heart were her still having some serious trauma about the Eclipse, Guts and Griffith. I don't think she will hate or resent Guts but I wonder if she will be able to be around him because he triggers her trauma still. Right as she saw Guts she immediately thought of Eclipse then of of the real Griffith too. Not of Femto. The broken Griffith as she last remembered him. So it seems like she might have some concern over Griffith rather than hate or anger towards. Maybe she doesn't quite understand everything he did and Guts will have to tell her or dance around it.  Even if Casca learns the whole truth I still don't think she would be able to bring herself to harm Griffith because he meant so much to her. 

Still, her interacting with Farnese and Schierke felt so awkward with them being unsure how to address her, but it was sweet too. I really hope that she can have a pleasant reunion with Guts soon if she is able to sort of deal with her trauma better. 

The strange thing about her 'bad' memories of Griffith is that they're of Griffith when he was most vulnerable. It's strange because she clearly remembers Femto as we saw in her dream world but perhaps there's still a disconnect for her between Griffith and Femto.

• /2aw likes this

XE6c6KC.png?2

#791 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

The strange thing about her 'bad' memories of Griffith is that they're of Griffith when he was most vulnerable. It's strange because she clearly remembers Femto as we saw in her dream world but perhaps there's still a disconnect for her between Griffith and Femto.

That seems very likely. Like I can see her not knowing or wanting to believe that Griffith and Femto are one and the same. It was just very interesting how the 2 big memories that flashed before her was of Guts and the Eclipse and of Griffith's broken body when he was at his most vulnerable. That has to have some deeper meaning. 

• /2aw likes this

#792 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

That seems very likely. Like I can see her not knowing or wanting to believe that Griffith and Femto are one and the same. It was just very interesting how the 2 big memories that flashed before her was of Guts and the Eclipse and of Griffith's broken body when he was at his most vulnerable. That has to have some deeper meaning. 

What worries me is the juxtaposition of Griffith in that detailed state vs Guts' ominous, basically looming figure with the eclipse imagery behind him. There was pretty much no association between Griffith and the eclipse but Gutz had ALL of it directly behind him and his face (which is probably in fucking tears) was blotted out. Caska also mentioned that she wanted to meet someone but never specified who. I really hope her memories aren't so muddled that she completely associates Gutz with what happened and blames him in some way for both that and Griffith's prior condition. Especially if Guts' actual assault on her is mixed in there. Her only real memories of "Griffith" are either positive or rooted in a desire to take care of him. Femto is the one who raped her and she honestly had no real reason to understand what the hell was going on during the eclipse. From her perspective demons were just eating everyone out of nowhere and she was already being taken advantage of before Femto (Griffith) finished it off. Gutz has pretty much either abandoned her or been a monster for the past (however long it's been). 

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#793 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Guts's sufering will never end poor guy. I'm expecting Guts to be full of tears and that might calm Caska down 

Edited by Kaidou, 22 March 2018 - 08:12 PM.

#794 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:57 PM

What worries me is the juxtaposition of Griffith in that detailed state vs Guts' ominous, basically looming figure with the eclipse imagery behind him. There was pretty much no association between Griffith and the eclipse but Gutz had ALL of it directly behind him and his face (which is probably in fucking tears) was blotted out. Caska also mentioned that she wanted to meet someone but never specified who. I really hope her memories aren't so muddled that she completely associates Gutz with what happened and blames him in some way for both that and Griffith's prior condition. Especially if Guts' actual assault on her is mixed in there. Her only real memories of "Griffith" are either positive or rooted in a desire to take care of him. Femto is the one who raped her and she honestly had no real reason to understand what the hell was going on during the eclipse. From her perspective demons were just eating everyone out of nowhere and she was already being taken advantage of before Femto (Griffith) finished it off. Gutz has pretty much either abandoned her or been a monster for the past (however long it's been). 

It's really hard to tell what she's thinking and it's made worse since we don't know when the next chapter will land. Before she saw Guts with her eyes when his name was mentioned to her she was crying what looked like joyful tears and she also seemed to remember all the good things before the Eclipse, some of which featured Guts and their love heavily, as well as some of "Elaine's" good  memories. It's pretty clear that he triggered her bad memories but we don't know the context, whether she'll project it all on him or kinda figure out his actual position. Again it's worthwhile to consider her dream world where Guts was represented as a hellish, emaciated dog who was simultaneously dragging her around but also clearly protecting her.

• /2aw likes this

XE6c6KC.png?2

#795 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

Damn so Casca was basically in the sunken place :rly: :laugh:

• DarkNemesis likes this

5.jpg

#796 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

I feel that the thorns are the bad memories being brought back the moment she saw Guts.
I don't think she will ever want to be near guts or just yet. Her mind might be restored but not everything. I don't she's truly herself just yet.
when things go interesting we wont see another chapter after who knows when

#797 NostalgiicBlade

NostalgiicBlade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

I swear on all things holy I will stab the mangakas eyes out if she blames guts and cut off his fingers if she goes to Griffith.

#798 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

I swear on all things holy I will stab the mangakas eyes out if she blames guts and cut off his fingers if she goes to Griffith.

Miura is a he not a she. XP

Anyways I finally read the chapter at last. I gotta say it was a really good one, it's look like Casca has apparently gotten all her memories back including the bad ones as well as the good ones.

Judging not just from her scream at the end of the chapter, but also the image of the eclipse and Griffith's broken body before he became Femto when Guts was walking towards her.

I believe that seeing Guts probably triggered all the bad memories to flood back into Casca.

I am guessing that next chapter both Guts and Casca will a big heart to heart talk.

Only thing I didn't like in the chapter was that dress Dadan forced into Casca, for me it looks too flashy and extravagant.

Solid chapter overall.

#799 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:59 AM

Pretty sure the she part was referring to Casca

#800 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Thinking its another reason for Guts to painfully and slowly kill Griffith in the most violent and sadistic ways possible. . .and does anyone think this will not end up with a happy ending for Guts in surviving his final battle with Griffith?

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users