• /2aw likes this

#845 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:51 PM

That's heartbreaking man. It is good that she didn't just come out of this unscathed because that would be absurd but jeez. 

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#846 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

I was afraid of this

New project or Casca falling/failing again?

#847 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:16 AM

Man, that was heartbreaking but not surprising. It does kind of feel like this was the only way it could have happened, especially after that tease a few chapters back when they first came face to face. Still, it didn't make it any easier but Casca has too much PTSD surrounding Guts to really deal with it all even if she recovered her broken mind. Was really nice to see her in action again and thank all of the people she had been traveling with for what they did for her. So it wasn't a complete downer sort of...

Feels like the Skull Knight knew all this would happen though and seemingly had been waiting for it. Now he will try and recruit Guts to his side and have him go full Black Swordsman revenge mode again to kill Griffith and the God Hand. Guts might feel like he has done all her can for Casca and if Skull Knight promises Guts more power maybe he would take it and leave. Not sure what Casca and the others are going to do if Guts leaves. They would probably try and follow him. I would prefer that to Griffith attacking the elf village and forcing them out. 

Also Puck breaking the 4th wall a few times was funny. Never gets old, haha.

• ndriana and /2aw like this

#848 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:18 AM

I knew this was going to have a happy ending here but it still tugged on the heart strings  :cry:  :cry:

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#849 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:30 AM

Feels like the Skull Knight knew all this would happen though and seemingly had been waiting for it. Now he will try and recruit Guts to his side and have him go full Black Swordsman revenge mode again to kill Griffith and the God Hand. Guts might feel like he has done all her can for Casca and if Skull Knight promises Guts more power maybe he would take it and leave. Not sure what Casca and the others are going to do if Guts leaves. They would probably try and follow him. I would prefer that to Griffith attacking the elf village and forcing them out. 

@Shin I think this makes a lot of sense but man would it suck. It seems like Guts has genuinely let go of a lot of hate and was willing to move on. Having the revenge obsessed skull night try and rope him back in given the state of things would really characterize the skull knight. He's seemed like a pretty wise, albeit very mysterious, mentor like figure this whole time but if he were to try and pull Guts back in...for pretty much no reason (hate Griffith all you want but he is doing some great things and Guts & Co seem to be quite alright) other than his personal vendetta would be fucked up. I think Guts is just vulnerable enough to be coerced into leaving though. I mean he did what he wanted and Casca is both terrified of him (he should probably at least take the armor off ha haaaa) and in good hands. People are always in danger around him and Casca's fear is really Grifith's fault. Plus Guts doesn't have the full context of Griffith's endeavors (i don't think) so skull knight could say all types of stuff to pull guts into his nonsense.

That being said I'd honestly prefer Griffith didn't attack the village. That would create a much less morally ambiguous conflict.

My Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#850 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:32 AM

I think that Guts still has a lot of revenge to do. Griffin doesn't do anything good if he started it. If I intentionally burn your house then save a lot of your furnitures from the fire, am I good?
Guts and Casca are the only one who experienced the truth. I don't mean to be a goody goody and happy ending, but if the main demon bosses are not gone (killed or forced to return to their realm) the story should not end. But that will take years I guess.

#851 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:05 AM

As I said many times, it is obvious that Guts will become demon so he could destroy Hand. That Behelith is in Guts possession for more than 20 years :D , so by all means it must be used in the end.

I think that in next chapters we will get more details about Gaiseric's life and what exactly he is, is he apostle(demon even) or something created by Flora(or Danan)

#852 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

@Shin I think this makes a lot of sense but man would it suck. It seems like Guts has genuinely let go of a lot of hate and was willing to move on. Having the revenge obsessed skull night try and rope him back in given the state of things would really characterize the skull knight. He's seemed like a pretty wise, albeit very mysterious, mentor like figure this whole time but if he were to try and pull Guts back in...for pretty much no reason (hate Griffith all you want but he is doing some great things and Guts & Co seem to be quite alright) other than his personal vendetta would be fucked up. I think Guts is just vulnerable enough to be coerced into leaving though. I mean he did what he wanted and Casca is both terrified of him (he should probably at least take the armor off ha haaaa) and in good hands. People are always in danger around him and Casca's fear is really Grifith's fault. Plus Guts doesn't have the full context of Griffith's endeavors (i don't think) so skull knight could say all types of stuff to pull guts into his nonsense.

That being said I'd honestly prefer Griffith didn't attack the village. That would create a much less morally ambiguous conflict.

Of course Griffith is gonna attack the village, that is obvious.

You forget that one of Griffith's primary goals is to eliminate all the spirit trees in the world and that includes the spirit tree on Elf Island.

Anyway, decent chapter it still looks like Casaca still has issues of her own to deal with before she can really talk to Guts.

I am just wondering why the Skull Knight is there, perhaps is he gonna try to warn Guts and co of Griffith's incoming eventual assault of the island.
  • /2aw likes this

#853 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

@Baks I did forget that was Griffith's goal. I need to reread this entire series honestly but that does make conflict inevitable.

@ndriana Griffith didn't start the whole chaos that is going on in the world did he? I thought all that was going on before he came back to the regular world. I thought the chaos (all the ogres and monsters and such running rampant) was something that was already a growing problem and Griffith just appeared in order to keep the peace (but really to amass power for himself). The only truth Guts and Casca experienced are what Griffith is willing to sacrifice to achieve his dreams and that he cares more about his ability to gain power than his connections. Like, killing Griffith wouldn't change anything beside throwing the current status of the hawk nation into chaos

Again my memory on some of the finer details is hazy so I may just be forgetting where it said Griffith is responsible for the problem he fixed. 

My Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

#854 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:46 AM

Griffin dove head first into dark powers. Guts dove head first into the darkness of revenge.

Whether or not either of them will try to get of the darkness still remains.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#855 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

@Baks

Yeah when they introduced that Griffith is able to basically fast travel anywhere he wants it feels inevitable that he will decide to attach the elf village, but you wonder if the main elf is aware of this. She seems powerful enough where she would expect he is capable of doing this.

It felt like Guts gave up his quest for revenge to watch over Casca, but now he is in a position where he can't do that anymore if he can't even be near her. Now with her mind back maybe he will feel like that is finished. I think before they got on the boat SK even warned Guts about if restoring her mind is even something she wants. So it feels like he had an idea of what was going to happen, maybe from a past experience of his. Guts is basically walking down the same path as SK and I think the SK wants him to do that and become whatever he is now and become an ageless being to fight the God Hand forever. I think Guts will change direction and not do that, but it is tough to tell how far down he will go before that turn. Like I can't see him fully giving up his humanity even if SK pushes him to.

• /2aw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users