• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationLurking

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

I think we had this thread in OMF 2.0 :P

Here are few quotes that I like:

“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.”

-Thich Nhat Hanh

"The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be."

- Dalai Lama

“Be Yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just Be.”

- Thich Nhat Hanh

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Never knew Thich Nhat Hanh's quotes are available in English...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Hodja

Hodja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Music will set you free
Robb Flynn

Edited by Hodja, 23 January 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Music will set you free!

Find Paced One Piece on 
http://onepace.net/

#4 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

"Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be"

-Miguel de Cervantes

“Some people have lives; some people have music.”

-John Green

• Lumi likes this

#5 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

"My Waifu, is my Laifu."

-Anonymous

• Fulmine likes this

yjEhBS7.png

#6 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny

-Frank Zappa

Craps are often taken, rarely given

-OPTIMOFSBUDDHA

Edited by Strawhats, 23 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

53815365.gif

#7 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

You must be the change you wish to see in the world

- Mahatma Gandhi 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#8 Enel

Enel

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

"The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire."

Ferdinand Foch

#9 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

"Fuck me"

- Gordon Ramsey

• monstertrio likes this

#10 Sauron

Sauron

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

There is no light that can defeat darkness. ~ Sauron

Beings believe what you tell them. They never check, they never ask, they never think. Tell them the state is menaced by quadrillions of battle droids, and they will not count. Tell them you can save them, and they will never ask—from what, from whom? Just say tyranny, oppression, vague bogeymen that require no analysis. Never specify. Then they look the other way when reality is right in front of them. It's a conjuring trick. The key is distraction, getting them to watch your other hand. Only single-minded beings don't join in the shared illusion, and keep watching you too closely. Single-minded beings are dangerous. And they either work for me, or they don't work at all. ~ Palpatine

Sidious' abilities are beyond anything we've experienced. Palpatine is ambidextrous with his saber. His style is one in which you'll never get the better of him. It is ambiguous --- he'll fight less than you and draw you in; you're a sucker if you think you're going to better him. Sidious is a master of every weapon and every style. He's THAT good. ~ Nick Gillard

#11 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

This thread is just fun. Thanks  @Lumi

“You shouldn't rely on others to help you determine what's good and what's bad.
In no time at all, you'll simply be under someone else's control.”

-Hiroyuki Takei

“All happiness is built upon small efforts.”

-Hiroyuki Takei

Just by being alive, we’re all trying to get ahead at the expense of other people…

It’s hard for a king to make his own wishes come true because his subjects are all pursuing their own dreams with little regard for others. They’re all chasing rainbows. But they’re only able to because the king is looking out for them.

I think one of the Shaman King’s jobs is to ensure that the world remains a place where dreams are possible.

-Hiroyuki Takei

• Lumi likes this

#12 Rimi

Rimi

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

"I fight for my friends"

-Ike

ms6WwFj.gif

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

"Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be"

-Miguel de Cervantes

from the author of one of the greatest literary work...Oh Aizen-sama :cry:

#14 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,301 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Be strong enough to accept what you can't change, courageous enough to change what you can, and have the wisdom to know the difference.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#15 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy
  • Insane Soul, Lumi and RamenRenegade like this

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#16 SkullPrince

SkullPrince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

• Lumi, ramz91 and RamenRenegade like this

#17 Lumi

Lumi

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationLurking

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.

— Maya Angelou 

“Everybody does not have to like you. That is not their job. Liking you is not anyone’s purpose in life except yours.”

- Iyanla Vanzant

• diezdragon likes this

#18 Sauron

Sauron

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. ~ Sun Tzu

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. ~ Sun Tzu

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle. ~ Sun Tzu

The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy. ~ Sun Tzu

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. ~ Sun Tzu

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. ~ Sun Tzu

There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. ~ Brice Lee

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. ~ Bruce Lee

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times. ~ Bruce Lee

A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough. ~ Bruce Lee

from the author of one of the greatest literary work...Oh Aizen-sama :cry:

Speaking of Aizen sama:

Fear is necessary for evolution. The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment. ~ Sosuke Aizen

If one abandons all other abilities and focuses his strength entirely on a single specialized skill, then he can overcome even the greatest of powers. ~ Sosuke Aizen

The Sōsuke Aizen you knew...never existed to begin with. ~ Sosuke Aizen

• Fulmine, PlasmaWolf and Lumi like this

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

I don't understand this quote :blush:

#20 Sauron

Sauron

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I don't understand this quote :blush:

1. People who use their brain and learn by themselves

2. People who get told what to do by people who use their brains.

3. People who neither use their brains nor care what others (people who use brains) say and are incapable of learning/understanding information and knowledge.

Edited by Sauron, 25 January 2014 - 12:41 AM.

• Fulmine and ninpokaton like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users