Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Fuuka

KHULb8F.png

Yuu Haruna moves into a town and meets a strange girl named Fuuka (whose name has kanji characters for "wind" and "summer"). This girl who is like a summer wind possesses a mysterious power to attract people.

Edited by Frozen_Flare, 08 February 2014 - 12:08 AM.

yjEhBS7.png

#2 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

O yeah, what was I doing.

Full raws for chapter 1:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2854463032

RHS will oversee this project.

yjEhBS7.png

#3 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Going into this with zero expectations. Blank slate. KNIM aside, I've enjoyed everything else I've tried from Seo, so I don't think there's going to be a "KNIM effect" from me. I'm approaching this like I do all new series.

#4 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

Well, I guess his artwork is Seo's greatest draw, which is very appealing to his readers. I don't think he has the ability to churn out a long series, though, as demonstrated in KnIM.

Anyway, Fuuka & Suzuka actually appeared in some panels of KnIM (feel free to add if I missed any):

http://www.batoto.ne...ed-hawk-scans/9

http://www.batoto.ne...ed-hawk-scans/2

http://www.batoto.ne...ed-hawk-scans/3

yjEhBS7.png

#5 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

Didn't notice any of those. Wait, is the Fuuka in this new series Suzuka's daughter? I never picked up on that connection because I haven't read Suzuka in a long time. I forgot what their daughter's name was.

I was about to comment that this is another Seo series named after the female lead, but I can see why they did that if she is Suzuka's daughter.

#6 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

Jesuz Chryst. Red Hawk sure live up to their name.

http://manga.redhawk...a/en/0/1/page/1

Didn't notice any of those. Wait, is the Fuuka in this new series Suzuka's daughter? I never picked up on that connection because I haven't read Suzuka in a long time. I forgot what their daughter's name was.

I was about to comment that this is another Seo series named after the female lead, but I can see why they did that if she is Suzuka's daughter.

秋月風夏>Akitsuki Fuuka

Yup, Yamato's & Suzuka's daughter.

Edited by Frozen_Flare, 08 February 2014 - 05:13 AM.

yjEhBS7.png

#7 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

Should I or should I not jump into this....that is the question.

I should wait for some souls to give their opinion on it before starting it, I don't want this to feel like another KNIM.

Spoiler The meaning of life

#8 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

You can't judge by the first chapter, alone.

Honestly, I don't even see the harm of reading it. :lmao:

You'd know it'll contain the typical Seo-elements if you've followed his works before.

yjEhBS7.png

#9 Dario

Dario

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

My body is not ready

Posted Image 

#10 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, that's why I said I'll wait for some souls, they'll sacrifice their time to read a few more chapters in the future and give their opinion  :isee:

Spoiler The meaning of life

#11 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

It's really not that bad. Fuuka was a little violent, but she seems to have a lot less ice around her than her mother did.

As for negatives, there seems to be a lot of focus on twitter and tweeting, main MC loves tweeting etc. Some of it seemed a bit excessive/forced.

It's a first chapter, though, so it's really hard to tell.

#12 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

I'm trying to be open to this one, but I'm not getting a good feeling here. It may be too soon from KNIM, I dunno.

Some thoughts.

1. The cameos/connection to Seo's other works already feels forced, it's like Seo is using it as a crutch to prop up his new work. KNIM started out as some sort of sequel/prequel mess to Suzuka too.

2. Another violent main girl who hits first, and more MC abuse...ugh

3. MC's family are all young females, there goes any idea the family aspect will be used for anything other than fanservice.

4. Twitter/Cell phones: Seo says: "MC is into this cool new trend of tweeting, it's what is hip with the kids nowadays didn't you know?"

In this situation with the track guy, why would the MC be worried over Fuuka? She obviously had no issues beating up the MC at the drop of a hat, so wouldn't the lack of her violent reaction to this other guy mean she knew him? Then she thanks the MC for "saving her"? Why didn't the just violently beat up/refuse the other guy anyway?

*sigh*

• Frozen_Flare and Eli384 like this

2ccmpm8.gif

#13 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

tbh it looks promising but knowing Seo i lost hope already.

Short story long. Singleturbo above me said it nicely

#14 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

MC's weak, we have a super-violent tsundere who apparently doesn't have a cellphone (I really wonder why), & uses A CD PLAYER, to go with the unnecessary tweets, & there we have it, typical Seo-style of writing.

There's the element of track & field, though, so there's hope that Seo could expand on that portion, a la Suzuka.

Edited by Frozen_Flare, 08 February 2014 - 03:16 PM.

yjEhBS7.png

#15 Dario

Dario

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

What is this i don't even

Seo what r doin

Put that pen down

PLS

STAP

• Don't say likes this

Posted Image 

#16 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

IDK, to me it seems like Fuuka is going to be far less of a ***** than Suzuka was. So I'm not really going to pass judgement on that at this point. I also didn't mind the scene with the track guy. I think that was more instinct than anything.

The twitter stuff is going to be a potential problem, though. I really hope that this isn't going to be a consistent thing. If it is, I'm going to have a hard time enjoying the series.

Edited by wingman32x, 08 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#17 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

It was a decently interesting start in my opinion. Although still not sure what to expect i'll definitely give it a shot.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#18 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

IDK, to me it seems like Fuuka is going to be far less of a ***** than Suzuka was. So I'm not really going to pass judgement on that at this point. I also didn't mind the scene with the track guy. I think that was more instinct than anything.

The twitter stuff is going to be a potential problem, though. I really hope that this isn't going to be a consistent thing. If it is, I'm going to have a hard time enjoying the series.

Well the track guy scene isn't really bad or anything, it is just an indicator to me that Seo is still doing this thing where he wants things to appear one way one minute and another way the next without any thought on how they go together.

The obvious point was to introduce Fuuka as a violent girl who punches first an asks questions later, but to also show her as a softer girl who might need help and is thankful. The problem is it doesn't quite make sense for her to be ready to rip the balls off the MC but then is like all "noooooo let me go" when the track guy shows up. As a bonus we get to see the MC stand up for a girl like a man and then suddenly run away crying.

While this isn't a particularly bad example, these kind of things were at the core of KNIM's issues IMO. It's like Seo is just dropping ideas on paper as soon as soon as he gets them in his head. I don't think being Jackson Pollock with writing works the same was as it does with paint.

2ccmpm8.gif

#19 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I see. I can certainly see how some might be worried now that I think about it. Hopefully things straighten out, because I think I like what he's trying to do with Fuuka's character. I'd rather have whatever this is than an ice queen type like Suzuka was early on.

Regardless, I guess we'll have to see.

#20 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

I am annoyed that Seo keeps making his new weekly manga within the same universe as the last one.

I would have preferred if Seo actually made a new manga that had nothing to do with this universe. Like an adventure or battle manga. Something DIFFERENT.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users