#581 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

So this has recently caught my attention as I noticed the anime and decided not to watch it, so I've come here to ask a simple question - is Fuuka better then KNIM? I enjoyed Suzuka but KNIM was an abomination after the first arc (so around when Haruto went to Tokyo for clarification on when I started disliking KNIM)

#582 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Well after a certain something happens it's a lot less of a roller coaster than KNIM. It's a work of Seo though so the melodrama is constant. It's not a special story or overtly intriguing one at all.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#583 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

So this has recently caught my attention as I noticed the anime and decided not to watch it, so I've come here to ask a simple question - is Fuuka better then KNIM? I enjoyed Suzuka but KNIM was an abomination after the first arc (so around when Haruto went to Tokyo for clarification on when I started disliking KNIM)

Honestly you probably won't like this because of a certain event, and if that doesn't get you another facepalm (IMO) event occurs in order for the "premise" of the manga to still make sense. If you make it past that I haven't heard of any more outrage, though the comment section here is kinda dead. I dropped it so I don't know for sure. This is kinda a slap in the face to Suzuka fans, so there is that to consider.

You could always go back and read the comments here and spoil yourself. I don't consider this to be good enough to be "spoiled".

2ccmpm8.gif

#584 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

I'm on chapter 60, I'm assuming the event your both referring to is when Fuuka dies? Actually thought that added depth to the plot but I'm reserved on weather it's been utilized properly yet. The clone girl I've yet to form an opinion on. So far I'm more interested in the band sub plot more then any romantic interests. The famous idol girl and her crush on Yuu was handled poorly IMO. Otherwise I can say I like this more then KNIM so far.

#585 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

You might enjoy how it develops then if that's your thing then.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#586 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

I'm on chapter 60, I'm assuming the event your both referring to is when Fuuka dies? Actually thought that added depth to the plot but I'm reserved on weather it's been utilized properly yet. The clone girl I've yet to form an opinion on. So far I'm more interested in the band sub plot more then any romantic interests. The famous idol girl and her crush on Yuu was handled poorly IMO. Otherwise I can say I like this more then KNIM so far.

Yeah for the most part. I and others thought it was kinda stupid to create a sequel or spinoff to Suzuka called "Fuuka" featuring Suzuka's daughter only to kill her off and bring in another girl named Fuuka (don't worry you can judge the Fuuka clone later hahahahahahaha) *cough* *ahem* Oh Seo...

2ccmpm8.gif

#587 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

I don't mind Aoi at the moment, I'm now on chapter 135 and for the most part I do have few complaints, while I hoped Seo wouldn't go Fuuka #2 route and surprise us with either a Sara or Koyuki route it was probably naive of me to think a manga called 'Fuuka' could actually go anywhere else. Again I'm disappointed in how Koyuki's character was handled, I kinda wished that once she had retired Seo would have found a decent way to add her in as the lead singer instead of bringing in the new Fuuka, or creating her own Rabbit's band, which was kinda stupid. I'm a sucker for childhood friend promise stories and the set up for it was really nice. The thing I hate about Seo is his side women always seem to be written better then the main character, I was a fan of Honaka in Suzuka and Asuka in KNIM so I guess its fitting that I follow the trend by liking Koyuki lol.

Pretty sure I saw Rin Eba around chapter 30-40 I can't remember exactly where. And definitely saw Haruto during the Hedgehogs festival. And as for making the spin-off featuring Suzuka's daughter the manga could still be called Fuuka with killing her off and even going as far as not introducing a second Fuuka solely due to how the sub-plot plays so deeply into the main plot. The message was good but I can totally understand how it may have bothered some fans. I probably wouldn't have this view had I been reading chapter to chapter on a weekly basis so I think that changed my perspective on the plot twist.

All in all this is definitely a huge step up from KNIM, mostly due to it actually making more sense then when every other chapter a new girl is introduced just because since they travel so much and are in a band it can actually be written off relatively well that all these girls fall head over heels for Yuu, especially being a prodigy in music. Hopefully the romance plots don't end up dragging down the rest of the plot and I feel Seo has done a much better job up till where I've read in actually having a coherent story and character driven goals. Also the character development in Yuu is miles better then Haruto and I dare say even Yamato. I'm glad I asked you guys about this and picked this manga up so thanks guys! 

#588 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

I don't mind Aoi at the moment, I'm now on chapter 135 and for the most part I do have few complaints, while I hoped Seo wouldn't go Fuuka #2 route and surprise us with either a Sara or Koyuki route it was probably naive of me to think a manga called 'Fuuka' could actually go anywhere else. Again I'm disappointed in how Koyuki's character was handled, I kinda wished that once she had retired Seo would have found a decent way to add her in as the lead singer instead of bringing in the new Fuuka, or creating her own Rabbit's band, which was kinda stupid. I'm a sucker for childhood friend promise stories and the set up for it was really nice. The thing I hate about Seo is his side women always seem to be written better then the main character, I was a fan of Honaka in Suzuka and Asuka in KNIM so I guess its fitting that I follow the trend by liking Koyuki lol.

Pretty sure I saw Rin Eba around chapter 30-40 I can't remember exactly where. And definitely saw Haruto during the Hedgehogs festival. And as for making the spin-off featuring Suzuka's daughter the manga could still be called Fuuka with killing her off and even going as far as not introducing a second Fuuka solely due to how the sub-plot plays so deeply into the main plot. The message was good but I can totally understand how it may have bothered some fans. I probably wouldn't have this view had I been reading chapter to chapter on a weekly basis so I think that changed my perspective on the plot twist.

All in all this is definitely a huge step up from KNIM, mostly due to it actually making more sense then when every other chapter a new girl is introduced just because since they travel so much and are in a band it can actually be written off relatively well that all these girls fall head over heels for Yuu, especially being a prodigy in music. Hopefully the romance plots don't end up dragging down the rest of the plot and I feel Seo has done a much better job up till where I've read in actually having a coherent story and character driven goals. Also the character development in Yuu is miles better then Haruto and I dare say even Yamato. I'm glad I asked you guys about this and picked this manga up so thanks guys! 

ch135 oh so close.

Yea it isn't hard to be better than KNIM. Plus, speed reading a series like this is always better than waiting for each release as far as drama goes. This is why I'll probably speed through this when it is completed.

2ccmpm8.gif

#589 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

As disgustingly reaching that chapter was it was cute to see a lot of old faces. I wonder if they'll actually have an impact or if he was just trying to play on peoples nostalgia.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#590 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:16 AM

Welp, it's finally over.

5/10 Seo, made me read the entire thing.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#591 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Eh? Is the translated 195 out?

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#592 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Oh I just had a skim of RAWs and got the gist of it. But yeah.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users