Photo

[Character] Lisanna Strauss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
116 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

The younger sister of Mirajane and Elfman, who wasp presumed dead until the Edolas arc. She was a childhood friend of Natsu who took a liking to him, and until recently was mostly ignored by the author. She is currently fighting Tartaros with the rest of the Fairy Tail Guild, above Magnolia. 

500px-Lisanna_captured.jpg

#2 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

I'm gonna be blunt here... Does anyone like her? 

#3 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Saying does or did

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#4 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Thought I was going to. She's useless as hell so I'm indifferent.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#5 DarcMyst

DarcMyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

I did at first, but now this almost bait-and-switch with getting her involved in the main arcs is proving to be boring. I'm hoping she gets some worthwhile Animal Soul magic since her repertoire currently consists of fanservice, fish, rabbit and duck. That bird looks stupid. Surely she trained with her siblings before the Games.

#6 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

I guess I'm indifferent? I liked her during the story about the birth of Happy, but she hasn't served any purpose within the manga lately and comes off as useless. She's just meh. I even like Cana more than her and Cana is like my least favorite member >_>

#7 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

I feel like she was only made to give character depth to Natsu and the other Strauss siblings. However, it feels like Natsu replaced her with Lucy. 

#8 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

I liked her when we all thought she was dead.  Now that she's alive and shown how pointless she is as a character, I don't like her.

Edited by Saiyan5nine-tails, 08 March 2014 - 08:36 PM.

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#9 Sovereign

Sovereign

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

She was fine during the anime flashbacks, but became too useless afterwards.

gray_fullbuster_by_darkangelmaik-d35f9vi

#10 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

her being retecon back into the story was also lame too.

but yeah I knew it was over for her when she and Juvia faced that Sue in the S class tournaments.  

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#11 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

I think Hiro really wanted to do the reunion scene -and its a good scene-

I think the problem is, "You've done it, Now what?" Hiro...: ****!

I mean I'm thankful he didn't do a stupid Love triangle, where it just Lucy and Lisanna being insufferable at each other for dumb reason's 

Not Helping matters is the next arc is his big game changer arc, Tenrou Island and where he gives Cana a massive dose of development followed by the mess that is the Grand Magic Games - which kinda three to four arc stories thrown together... as the next leg of your series.

Lisanna has been lost in the shuffle. I mean Hiro and the characters would have benefited from a few breather arcs.

Edited by Tenno, 09 March 2014 - 12:38 AM.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#12 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

Elfman and Lisanna have more or less the same powers with Elfman also being capable of absorbing the power of pure monsters .  Lisanna can turn herself into a werecat and mermaid, so she may be able to absorb "monsters' as well. 

They'll probably split the strongest souls:  Dragon, Phoenix. Tiger/Qilin, and Tortoise.

#13 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

@ Nosebleed: Lisanna's power is "Animal Soul".  There's hardly anything that could possibly be comparable to "Beast Soul" or "Satan Soul" when looking at that power.  That "Animal Soul: Mermaid" was a purely anime exclusive form, so the basis of your speculation is inherently non-canon.  The "Werecat" is only a partial-body Take-Over with a Cat. 

The only "Canon" Take-Over spells she has are "Fish", "Bird" and "Cat".  One of them is completely impotent and only good for movement in the water, and the other two are pitifully weak transformations, especially when you compare them to the Take-Over spells of her siblings.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

#14 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I think Hiro really wanted to do the reunion scene -and its a good scene-

I think the problem is, "You've done it, Now what?" Hiro...: ****!

I mean I'm thankful he didn't do a stupid Love triangle, where it just Lucy and Lisanna being insufferable at each other for dumb reason's 

Not Helping matters is the next arc is his big game changer arc, Tenrou Island and where he gives Cana a massive dose of development followed by the mess that is the Grand Magic Games - which kinda three to four arc stories thrown together... as the next leg of your series.

Lisanna has been lost in the shuffle. I mean Hiro and the characters would have benefited from a few breather arcs.

@Tenno 

True, I'm betting Lisanna was lost due to the vast number of characters that the author's been juggling. Apparently Wally and Shou ended up on the cutting room floor because there were too many people, although Mashima did mention that Shou taught Cana the entrapment card technique. I'm certain quite a bit happens off-panel, based on that recent little tidbit. 

Personally I would've found it funny if Mashima picked the love triangle route with Lisanna. Having her and Lucy sniping at each other over someone who doesn't think about romance would be classic comedy! Considering they're both equally useless in a brawl, at least they would be on equal grounds if a fight broke out. 

#15 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

then she was a Unicorn!

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#16 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

@ AndrewR5D4: No, it is just that Mashima has no use for her character.  In the recent chapter, she's just standing on the side-lines while Mirajane fights Sayla.  Besides, what's Mashima going to do with the character who has the weakest magic in the entire Guild?

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,

#17 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

@ AndrewR5D4: No, it is just that Mashima has no use for her character.  In the recent chapter, she's just standing on the side-lines while Mirajane fights Sayla.  Besides, what's Mashima going to do with the character who has the weakest magic in the entire Guild?

@Saiyan5nine-tails 

I think that title of weakest mage in Fairy Tail has a lot of contenders: Jet, Droy, Laki, Romeo, Kinana, etc... Some of the people on this list make her look postively average in comparison. 

As for having no use for her character: I think her role has been filled by another, but there are actually people out there who are angry that Natsu more or less replaced Lisanna with Lucy. 

#18 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Granted being Lucy isn't all its cracked up to be lately

#19 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

Lisanna, has it been mentioned lately how much your character sucks?

You can't even deal with some bunny-girl.  Is Take Over: Cat really the best you can do?

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,

#20 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

@ Nosebleed: Lisanna's power is "Animal Soul".  There's hardly anything that could possibly be comparable to "Beast Soul" or "Satan Soul" when looking at that power.  That "Animal Soul: Mermaid" was a purely anime exclusive form, so the basis of your speculation is inherently non-canon.  The "Werecat" is only a partial-body Take-Over with a Cat. 

The only "Canon" Take-Over spells she has are "Fish", "Bird" and "Cat".  One of them is completely impotent and only good for movement in the water, and the other two are pitifully weak transformations, especially when you compare them to the Take-Over spells of her siblings.

Non-canon or not, how hard could it be to do a partial takeover where she turns her lower body into that of a fish. Boom, mermaid soul right there. OFC, she better remember some gills.