Photo

[Character] Lisanna Strauss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
116 replies to this topic

#21 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

But what would be the point of a partial Take-Over like that?  It's only use would be in the water, and she is so physically weak that it wouldn't matter.

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#22 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

I'm gonna be blunt here... Does anyone like her? 

I actually really liked her before the edolas arc. But now she's just...there. She had more character back when we all thought she was dead :/

Considering they're both equally useless in a brawl, at least they would be on equal grounds if a fight broke out. 

I'm no big Lucy fan but saying Lisanna is on Lucy's level when it comes to anything is just downright insulting. Lucy's already shown that she's an awesome wizard whenever Mashima remembers how powerful she is. Meanwhile Lisanna's only role has been playing damsel in distress more times than Princess Peach. And showing off her awkward fanservice outfit. The chick has proven on more than one occasion to be next to useless in a fight.

Edited by Blue22, 14 April 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#23 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,278 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

I don't like her. Not that I'm hating her, but she will not ever be a character I like. 

You've all already said why, there's not much to add… She's just the nice girl who always gets in trouble. She's a burden but people (in the guild) still like her because she's nice. 

Her usefulness was being Natsu's first human friend, and then making Mirajane and Elfman change their character. 

#24 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Her reunion with Mirajane and Elfman is still one of my favorite scenes in the anime.

#25 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,278 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

I liked better her reunion with Natsu in the manga. Natsu's surprised face was so cute at that moment. ^^

Spoiler

#26 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

she was useful remember when she helped fried attack rustyrose?

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#27 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

She must not have liked Edolas Natsu much if she's calling Earthland Natsu the "real" one. 

#28 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,278 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

Edo-Natsu was already with Edo-Lucy anyways ^^

#29 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Just like Earthland Natsu XD

#30 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Edo-Natsu was already with Edo-Lucy anyways ^^

Lisanna first turned up in Edolas years before the main storyline, so if we assume the guild's history is similar to Earthland Fairy Tail, it's possible Lucy Ashley hadn't joined Edolas Fairy Tail yet.

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 14 April 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#31 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Lisanna first turned up in Edolas years before the main storyline, so if we assume the guild's history is similar to Earthland Fairy Tail, it's possible Lucy Ashley hadn't joined Edolas Fairy Tail yet.

And yet Juvia was there :/

#32 Sovereign

Sovereign

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:15 AM

Not that I care much about her but I prefer her over Lucy anyday.

gray_fullbuster_by_darkangelmaik-d35f9vi

#33 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

And yet Juvia was there :/

And Erza wasn't part of the guild at all.

I also don't think she had a fake eye but I'm not sure about that.

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#34 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,278 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

The storyline was pretty different indeed; so it's totally safe to assume she's been there a long time!

And didn't Lisanna disappear two years before Lucy joined?

#35 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

The storyline was pretty different indeed; so it's totally safe to assume she's been there a long time!

And didn't Lisanna disappear two years before Lucy joined?

As did Juvia but I re watched the episode recently and her edo-counterpart was still there on the day Lisanna arrived in Edolas two years ago. I didn't notice Lucy but if Juvia was there then it's possible she could have been there too.

Edited by Blue22, 16 April 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#36 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

As did Juvia but I re watched the episode recently and her edo-counterpart was still there on the day Lisanna arrived in Edolas two years ago. I didn't notice Lucy but if Juvia was there then it's possible she could have been there too.

The Edolas Phantom Heart either had already fallen (or never existed) by the time Lisanna disappeared, so it stands to reason that Juvia would have to pop up somewhere.  

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

#37 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

The whole thing with Lisanna is that she's more of a straight up guild brat.  She grew up in the guld and was raised by guild mages but she may not want to be a guild mage forever.   She's there because she's an orphan and the guild took her family in.

Unlike the other guild orphans, she always comes across like her real dream is going to college or becoming a griffin trainer.  She's not overly aggressive.  She likes having magic but she's not aggressive or enthusthiastic about combat like the others. 

But that could change 'cause she's probably a dunpeal/mystical half-breed w/ the same "blue mage" potential as her siblings.

Edited by nosebleed, 19 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#38 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

She could perform in the circus instead, turning into the animals for people's amusement.

#39 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

"That might change"?

Not by a long shot.  There was nothing in the chapter that indicated their Take-Over magic is the result of being some "mystical half-breeds", and their respective Take-Overs show exactly what 'potential' each sibling has - out of the three of them, Lisanna always had the weakest potential.

Besides, considering the situation Ms. Mary Sue (Lucy) is in while everyone else was sucked up, any opportunity of change for Lisanna's character is as good as dead - as her character should have remained.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,

#40 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Witcher, this is Lisanna's thread, not the Fan Art thread.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,