Fast? I've been waiting for my thread forever, but it looks like everyone already gave up on the game.
Sweet, you finally got a QT thread. In that case:
1. So can I take it from your username that you're first-person shooter fan? And, if so, which ones are your favorites?
2. Do you prefer anime, or manga, and why?
3. What're your favorite genres (ex. fantasy, sci-fi, martial arts, etc.) and what do you like most about them?
4. What're some of your hobbies offline?
5. If you could have any superpower you wanted, what would it be and why?
1) What does my username have to do with first person shooters? As a Bleach fan, you should know where my username comes from. I've played Halo and Call of Duty, but I'm not ridiculously good at the games. I would usually ragequit after shooting people in the head twice and seeing them keep running around, but getting inta-killed by headhsots.
2) Manga, it's just better. Anime teams change crap when they draw it so that the story will work better as 30-minute installments. I don't like that simply because they're changing the story from the way it was represented in the source material. Other than that, there isn't much anime on american television and it's easier to access manga online than it is to sit through five commercials to watch 3 minutes of an anime episode online (it's also hard to focus on the action and read the subtitles at the same time)
3) I don't have favorite genres for most things. I just like what I like and don't like what I don't. I like Pokemon, but I have no desire to play any other kind of RPG that has the overworld-random encounter type set up. For things like manga and movies as well, I just like the movies that I like.
4) Wishing I was better at doing other things instead of actually doing them to get better at them. I just go to school and work. I would like to hang out with friends more, but everyone I knew was at my university and I transferred to a community college this semester so I never have time to go back. i also have this lifelong curse that causes any plans I make to do something with someone else fall through. If someone else makes plans with me, it'll probably happen, but all of my plans fail without a doubt. Kind of makes it hard to try and have a social life.....
5) Hard to say. If I ever imagine what it'd be like to have a superpower, it's always in the context of a world where anyone can have superpowers. So the power I would need there would have to be a power that makes it possible to keep up with a world where everyone has an ability to use. That's a different question than what power would be most convenient in everyday life when no one else has a superpower. In a world where I'm the only one with a special ability, having precognition or a photographic memory would be best. Knowledge is the most useful thing in the real world. Even though it may not be the most useful ability in a world where other people could bring about extinction level events in a whim because of their own powers.
1. Top 10 favorite manga? All-time favorite? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice)
2. 5 manga you would totally recommend for everyone? (may or may not be among those in question 1). If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be?
3. Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, development, depth, appearance, boobs, sexual presence, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)
4. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time. Who would you choose? Who do what? For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy or you can have 2 do art and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.
5. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga? (specific. I mean not general like 1. Zanpakutou 2. Kidou 3. Ninjutsu)
1) I don't even think there's 10 different manga that I read. Bleach, Claymore, D.Gray-Man, Area-D, Air Gear I think that's about it. I obviously refuse to count Naruto.
2) I would only read Bleach for the rest of my life if I had to. i don't know anything well enough to recommend it, but I like Air Gear and Area-D because of the art (also, they have a pretty good amount of male fanservice, rather than only having females run around without clothes on) Kekaishi was good, even though the online scanlations aren't great. Deadman Wonderland was meh.
2. Grimmjow because teh sex
3. Mashiro Kuna
4. Jasdevi (after they blew Apocryphos' head off)
5. Chud Yasotura (an underdog who just won't let himself be left behind)
1. Orihime Inoue
3. Rika Noyomano
4. Asura (Area-D)
5. Jackie Tristan
4) Kubo can do powers and plot since he paces the reveals well and is a genius with all the "the heart" stuff that almost every mangaka tries to pull off. Yang Kyung-Il from Area-D to illustrate and assure there are just as many naked males as naked females running around. Other than that, I don't care. Maybe an editor that will keep his f*cking hands off of the plot.
-Whatever BG9's power is that allows him to shoot those missiles
Is that all the questions?
Where is everyone else....
1. When you create a story you add a mundane idea with an extraordinary one. Let's imagine your life is the mundane idea and you are the protagonist. What sort of extraordinary idea would you inject into your life to make it interesting?
2. Now that we have a setting for our story, take all of your problems and troubles in life as well as your personal conflicts and doubts and personify them. What is your antagonist like?
3. An antagonist is a character who is meant to compliment the protagonist and vice versa. The antagonist exploits the protagonists weaknesses - how do they exploit you?
4. A protagonist is a character who overcomes their flaws and an antagonist is a character who succumbs to them. What do you do to overcome your weaknesses and how does the antagonist fall to their own?
5. Now that the story is over, what immediate changes do you see for yourself and your life in this world? What long term changes are there?
and if we're allowed to please ask more
6. First and current impressions of me
These questions are too long
I'm skipping them until I have more free time