1. What are your 5 favourite openings and endings?
2. In terms of art only, who are your favourite mangakas/mangas?
3. Which five books would you recommend to read to everyone?
4. What are your 5 favourite battles in manga?
5. The things annoying you the most?
1. I'm not an anime guy so...but I can try
Bleach opening 13, One Piece opening 10 and there's a Naruto Shippuden opening but I have no idea which it is.
Bleach ending 27.
2. Current Bleach-Kubo Tite, Vagabond-Inoue Takehiko, Shin Angyo Onshi & Area D-Yang Kyung Il, HxH at its best-Togashi Yoshihiro (this one is not really great but it somehow is really pleasing for my eyes). Steel Ball Run (JoJo's part 7) but with women from part 1,2,3-Araki Hirohiko. I have not read it yet but from some pictures I have seen on google, Kokou no Hito-Sakamoto Shinichi is superb in art. And trust me, there are many Chinese artists who are really really good in feudal era art but most of them do dammei illustration (Chinese yaoi novels ). If those artists draw the manhua adaption of my favorite Chinese martial arts (wuxia) novels I'd buy them immediately.
Fairy Tail-Mashima Hiro, Freezing-Kim Kwang Hyun mainly for the girls and women, One Piece-Eiichiro Oda for the background, Kuroko no Basket-Fujimaki Tadatoshi for the bishie, Saito Chiho for any shoujo/josei manga and Saint Seiya&B'tX-Kurumada Masami for robot and armor.
3. I assume this does not include comics, Biography or Academic books.
Let see...any Murakami Haruki fiction, honestly. But the best are Norwegian Wood, Kafka on the shore, The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, 1Q84, South of the Border West of the Sun and Hard-boiled Wonderland & The End of the World.
If you want Wuxia novels that are not only about great fighting but also have high literary value (I mean, like, genuinely high, critically acclaimed) I recommend Jin Yong, China's greatest wuxia novelist and also the best-selling (literally) Chinese author since 1900 (near 300 millions copies). Of course, only his best 6 novels (each has 5 books) are worth recommending, the rest (9) are good but not at greatness. You know House of Flying Dagger and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon films? Yeah, think of something a head above in quality but too long to make into a 2-hour film A shame that there are only 3 novels translated into English and only 1 of them is among the best 6 and there are several parts being cut so...unless you can read Chinese...you can search for him on google.
Anw, I guess I'll just put down 5 other English-translated books
Pride and Prejudice
Crime and Punishment
War and Piece
either Brave New World or 1984 or Anton Chekhov's short stories collection
Jiraiya vs Pain
Uchiha Itachi vs Uchiha Sasuke
Any Kurama's 1vs1 match (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Fou Lafine vs Gai (B't X)
Hokuto vs Dr. Poe (B't X)
5. Can't name the no.1
But this is a manga forum so something related to manga...I'd say those princess-ish girls and women. Both in manga and real life. I don't mean only girls from rich, wealthy families. Regardless of background or status, many women seems to be vain (really vain, I mean) by default from birth I don't have problem with being a bit egoistic or proud or spoiled because of their beauty but more like their ridiculous attitude in treating people, especially men, if you know what I mean. As though they obviously have certain rights to do this and that to others. I hate, no, disgust that.
1) What, in your opinion, is the most aesthetically pleasing kind of tree?
2) Would you eat a cow that had the instinctive desire to be eaten and could communicate this desire intelligently to you, as opposed to a cow that couldn't and presumably has no such desire?
3) What are your favorite video-games?
4) What period of history do you like most?
5) First/current impressions?
1. From what I have seen none meets my standard. But the best among them would be Blue Jacaranda or Horse Chestnuts
2. I eat both. I'm not hypocrite. Steak is really good so...
If you have a third option which is a cow who does not want to be eaten and can communicate to me then I'd not, though
3. PS2: Winning Elevens series and PES series (recent versions), Final Fantasy 9, Odin Sphere, Persona 3 (and probably any Persona after 3), Bloody Roar 4 for fighting 1vs1 (what's the technical name for that genre?), Dynasty Warrior 4, Prince of Persia (I forgot the name of the version).
PC: Warcraft, Dota and D-day 19.9b (both played by Warcraft), Dota 2, Counter Strike 1.6, Starcraft, Age of Empire, Civilization 4.
4. None. I'm fascinated by anything of Chinese and Japanese history. If it's Western then probably around 1400-1700 but I'm only curious about lifestyle and mundane things like agriculture, science or beliefs, how they think about love or friendship. Stuffs like that. A slice-of-life manga with such setting would be a great read for me (of course with great art). I have no interest in a well-known War or political welfare or which princess married which prince and all that crap.
F: nice username
C: one of the best debaters on OMF, Church of Enel's co-priest, very nice guy and easy to talk to about books.
1. Fulmine, where'd you get your name?
2. Is it Full-Me-nay or Full-mine?
5. Do you like Gin Ichimaru?
4. What do you think is the best manga?
6. Did you noitice the numbers out of order?
7. Did you notice i misspelled notice?
1. Italian for lightning
5. Of course. My no.1 of all times
3. This is hard. If I can only read 1 manga for the rest of my life it would be either One Piece or Bleach cause I enjoy them a lot, regardless of quality (for now. They might turn hideous, who knows). I can only flip the coins for that. In terms of quality, Fullmetal Alchemist or Dorohedoro.
4. The one that comes closest to being perfect IMO is Fullmetal Alchemist.
Edited by Fulmine, 09 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.