#21 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,980 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just finished Oreimo and Kill la Kill, both awesome in their own special way.  :aww:

Thinking of starting Kyoukai no Kanata

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 15 April 2014 - 02:53 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#22 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Almost finished ... The Kill La Kill [spiritual] prequel (forgot name).

Just finished Black Butler. (seemed like Hellsing Lite... real lite)

Thinking of starting Kyoukai no Kanata

You should. That was a good anime. Not awesome, but good.
  • Furinji Saiga likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#23 TheLastPierrot

TheLastPierrot

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Almost finished ... The Kill La Kill [spiritual] prequel (forgot name).

uh? now im curious about the name

check my facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook...heDreamCatcherz

or my twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLastPierrot

#24 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

uh? now im curious about the name

Gurren Lagann.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#25 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Last Series I finished was the second season of Magi. Magi was definitely and interesting series. I thought it was stupid and childish at the start but after a few episodes in (I give every anime 2-3 episodes to get my attention) it became riveting and I couldn't stop

• Sexy Rat likes this

#26 Chicosci

Chicosci

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationThe Boundary

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:13 AM

Finished JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. 

Loved every single bit of it. From the fabulous poses to the overdramatic voice acting.

Now unto Stardust Crusaders.

#27 I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAmegakure

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Finished JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. 

Loved every single bit of it. From the fabulous poses to the overdramatic voice acting.

Now unto Stardust Crusaders.

I Didn't don't that the new series that came out this year was the 2nd season, I thought it was the first time it was animated, well, as a series but to think there was one before it. Definitely need to get watching it before cracking open the manga. xD

Haganai Next!

Wish they'd make more Haganai. =(

tumblr_mpdyjbR0KM1rxsujoo6_250.gif

#28 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Magi second season. Great series.

#29 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

RWBY

It's short but great. I'm glad the there will be a new season in july this year :D

#30 just a fan

just a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationnot exactly where i want to be...

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

psycho-pass.

good anime. i look forward to season 2 this year

RkfBshv.gif

#31 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Lovely Complex.

Meh. Well, it was good compared to other shoujo out there. But hey, is there even a good shoujo?

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#32 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Golden Boy. It was good, a 7/10

#33 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Noragami, which was pretty good.

It's one of those shows that does what it does right; moreso than many others, IMO.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#34 burningmonkey

burningmonkey

is this my moteki!!??

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

User's Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

sekai seifuku bouryaku no zvezda

it was good. funny anime. can make me laugh loudly

#35 NGEFan

NGEFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Baccano!  I really wanted to like it, but it wouldn't let me.  There's no apparent purpose, the majority of the plot is driven by characters doing things for nonsense reasons and by the end very little is explained.  There's no crazy plot twist that leaves you thinking and no event that connects what everyone was doing.  There was some great potential to explore interesting characters like Ladd, but in typical shonen fashion they totally ignore that opportunity and just focus on the fighting.  Apparently it's based on 1 of many novels so I'm betting what they don't show you would help its issues hugely, but without that and seemingly no plans to add it, I can only judge it based on what's there.

3/10

Edited by NGEFan, 20 July 2014 - 10:54 PM.

• Sexy Rat likes this

#36 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Baccano!  I really wanted to like it, but it wouldn't let me.  There's no apparent purpose, the majority of the plot is driven by characters doing things for nonsense reasons and by the end very little is explained.  There's no crazy plot twist that leaves you thinking and no event that connects what everyone was doing.  There was some great potential to explore interesting characters like Ladd, but in typical shonen fashion they totally ignore that opportunity and just focus on the fighting.  Apparently it's based on 1 of many novels so I'm betting what they don't show you would help its issues hugely, but without that and seemingly no plans to add it, I can only judge it based on what's there.

3/10

Agree, I never liked it either

#37 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Sidonia. It's on Netflix but it was pretty good for a Netflix-release anime. The CG wasn't an eyesore either. Compelling characters, nice twist on space travel, and a mysterious enemy. I hope there's a season 2.

Spoiler

#38 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

Dragon Ball. I mean, it was about time. I practically know almost everything there is to know about Dragon Ball, thanks to its massive popularity, but had never actually watched neither Dragon Ball nor DBZ. At first I was worried that it was going to be a waste of time; but for something so old (+25 years) and despite the horrible animation/sound quality and cliché (which probably weren't that cliché back then) developments it was actually quite a good watch. With plenty of laughs and engrossing fights. It was nice to see what  started as a comedy anime which was essentially a parody of the Chinese Legend "Journey to the West" eventually develop into one of the biggest fighting anime of all times.

By the way, due to everyone telling me to watch it in English dubs, I ended up doing so. But since I was so used to Japanese audio, the English dubs just didn't feel right, It felt as if the English VA's weren't feeling the characters' emotions. I ended up switching to Japanese audio.

However, after time skip, I heard an 18 year old Goku being voiced by an old lady. So I said fuck feelings I'm switching back to English audio. However, then I realized what the real issue with the English dubs were. The English dubs actually destroy some characters' personalities, also introducing some contradictions.

The moment I realized how serious this problem was during the episode which Goku and Chichi fought and decided to marry during the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai.

Chichi tells Goku that he had promised to marry her, but Goku tells he thought "marry" was a food. Then Chichi gets upset, thinking Goku won't keep the promise.

After that point there's a serious difference of context between the English Dubs and the original Japanese audio.

In the in the original context:

"Hmm... Since it's a promise I must keep it. Well, whatever. Let's get married."

However in the English dubs this is what he says:

"Sorry, sometimes my brain won't listen to me at all. The thing my heart says is, will you marry me?"

Oh god this is just. I don't even...

I mean, this makes Goku sound like a retard (And he is not a retard, his outrageous lines and behaviour comes from his naïveté, which is the result of him being raised in the mountains far from society.) And it's not limited to that, the supposed retard says cheesy lines like "the thing my heart says is, will you marry me" which does not fit Goku's personality. Goku gives rats' ass about romance. So yeah, I'll bear with old lady voice and keep it Japanese. (There are many more examples of drastically different context between English and Japanese audio)

Now, onwards to DBZ.

• Gobi Todic, Lone_ant and YoWid like this

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#39 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Well, not finished, but I'm watching Vision of Escaflowne.. after so long.

It's one of the anime's that captured me since I was a child and since I was so young, I didn't really follow the story that well (and I was only able to watch episodes here and there)

#40 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

I have finished it. It was awesome. >.<

*sigh* One of the best I've seen. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users