Photo

Question Time with WaffleCopter

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time with WaffleCopter (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we question next?

1. Asch (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. SoulFire (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Ace1225 (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Nemrut (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Wingman (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. Darthwin (0 votes [0.00%])

7. OP Eyes FTW (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Sithis (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 2hot4you (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationThe Matinée

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Welcome to Question Time with WaffleCopter! Ask away.

Remember to be respectful, and above all, enjoy yourselves.

Notes:
  • You may ask a maximum of 5 questions unless the person being asked the questions agrees to answering more. We don't want to overwhelm them.
  • Follow the forum rules.
  • Further rules in the the discussion thread.
Spoiler Nominations List

Spoiler Hiatus

Spoiler Declined Particiation

Edited by Makaze, 07 April 2014 - 04:16 PM.

• WaffleCopter likes this
I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

1. Top 10 favorite manga? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice) All-time favorite? If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be?

2. 5 manga you would totally recommend for everyone? (may or may not be among those in question 1)

3. Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, boobs, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)

Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you do read? (so 5 each)

4. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time, who would you choose? Who do what?

For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.

5. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 fanology

fanology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

What are your top five favorite anime?

#4 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

Forum Mathematiquè & Reduntarian

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationLand of Hobos and Ken

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

1. Ideal traits in a romantic partner? Answer in terms of: Sexuality (PG-13 ofc), living partner, and just general personality/physique.

2. Favorite cultures you admire? Worst cultures you despair at? Why?

3. All money/salaries equal, what profession/career/life hobby would you take up? What about as it stands, but if you had the opportunity?

4. Reasons to join OMF? What would it take to make you leave? What do you think will in the end make you leave?

5. Is it possible to have a world without money?

6. With all the talk about data privacy, I ask: will there come a day when data (historcal or real time) may become public, much like works of literature, science and some patents, are (think Library of Congress)?

7. Describe your favorite night life location (club, bar, restaurant, beach, theater, run down mansion/warehouse). Include details about environment, ambiance, type of people there, etc.

8. First and current impressions of me?

9. Favorite OMF users? Least favorite? Why?

10. What separates you from the crowd?

D9wwdJt.jpg

#5 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

So how do you spend you time now that OMF is halfway into the grave?

Have you made a successful return into the world of the living? I refuse to, I cling to this place like a sinking ship.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#6 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

1. When you create a story you add a mundane idea with an extraordinary one. Let's imagine your life is the mundane idea and you are the protagonist. What sort of extraordinary idea would you inject into your life to make it interesting?

2. Now that we have a setting for our story, take all of your problems and troubles in life as well as your personal conflicts and doubts and personify them. What is your antagonist like?

3. An antagonist is a character who is meant to compliment the protagonist and vice versa. The antagonist exploits the protagonists weaknesses - how do they exploit you?

4. A protagonist is a character who overcomes their flaws and an antagonist is a character who succumbs to them. What do you do to overcome your weaknesses and how does the antagonist fall to their own?

5. Now that the story is over, what immediate changes do you see for yourself and your life in this world? What long term changes are there?

and if we're allowed to please ask more

6. First and current impressions of me

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#7 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationThe Matinée

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Please refrain from asking more questions until the contestant has given permission.
I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#8 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Here I am, on the nicest day of the year so far, typing this up because I completely forgot about this question time thing.

1. Top 10 favorite manga? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice) All-time favorite? If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be?

2. 5 manga you would totally recommend for everyone? (may or may not be among those in question 1)

3. Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, boobs, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)

Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you do read? (so 5 each)

4. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time, who would you choose? Who do what?

For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.

5. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga?

1. Berserk – I don’t think anything I can say would do it justice. I just wish Miura would STOP TAKING SO MANY GODDAMN BREAKS.  I don’t even know if this story will ever resolve in MY lifetime, let alone his.
  2. Yu Yu Hakusho – Pretty much anything I want in a shounen series, YYH has in spades. Clever, light on fanservice, very well written characters, awesome villains with depth… the art sucks, but that’s a minor complaint.
  3. Kingdom- A large-scale war series where it feels like there’s tons of **** going on, and yet all of the main characters are clearly set apart from the average mooks? Awesome.
  4. Shin Angyo Onshi –Another series where I don’t think my words would do it justice.
  5. Vinland Saga/Vagabond. Samurai vs. Vikings. Take your pick. Vagabond’s a lot more serious and adult oriented, while Vinland Saga is more light-hearted and “fun”. But both are very thoughtful character-oriented series with tons of “**** YEAH” moments.
  6. The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer – This series made me cry like a ***** at the end of it.
  7. Hunter x Hunter – The only currently(When Togashi isn’t sidetracked by whatever fun new thing he finds) running Jump series that I think is worth a damn at all.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head that I like enough to put into a top 10 list.

2. Pretty much the top 5 I mentioned above. I think they’re all pretty accessible and easy to get through.

3. Males – Mayuri(Bleach), Guts(Berserk), Yusuke(YYH), Thorfin(Vinland Saga), Munsu(Shin Angyo Onshi).

Females – Casca(Berserk), Samidare(Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer), Kyokai(Kingdom), Karyo Ten(Kingdom)… Can’t think of a fifth. I’ll blame the underrepresentation of women in the series I tend to read. Yeah.

Big 3:

Bleach - Starrk, Shunsui, Mayuri, Hisagi, Grimmjow

One Piece - Brooke, Crocodile, Lucci, Bon Clay, Law(Don't hurt me)

Naruto - Rock Lee. **** everyone else.

4. Miura(Berserk) would do art. Togashi(YYH, HxH) would do story/characters, with guidance from Miura. ONE(One-Punch Man) could handle the comedy.

5. Oh jeez. I always suck at these. Skip.

What are your top five favorite anime?

Since I already did manga, I do my best to try to come up with my favorite non-manga series:

1. Cowboy Bebop - Cliche, don't care, ****ing love it.

2. Wolf's Rain - Also makes me cry like a *****.

3. Yu Yu Hakusho - Not anime-only, but I feel that it improves on the manga enough to show up on both lists.

4. Baccano! - Cool as ****.

5. Samurai Champloo - Mostly because of the Nujabes soundtrack.

Kind of lazy with that list, but I watch way less anime than I watch manga. Mostly because reading manga is way easier to do on my phone when I'm bored.

1. Ideal traits in a romantic partner? Answer in terms of: Sexuality (PG-13 ofc), living partner, and just general personality/physique.

2. Favorite cultures you admire? Worst cultures you despair at? Why?

3. All money/salaries equal, what profession/career/life hobby would you take up? What about as it stands, but if you had the opportunity?

4. Reasons to join OMF? What would it take to make you leave? What do you think will in the end make you leave?

5. Is it possible to have a world without money?

6. With all the talk about data privacy, I ask: will there come a day when data (historcal or real time) may become public, much like works of literature, science and some patents, are (think Library of Congress)?

7. Describe your favorite night life location (club, bar, restaurant, beach, theater, run down mansion/warehouse). Include details about environment, ambiance, type of people there, etc.

8. First and current impressions of me?

9. Favorite OMF users? Least favorite? Why?

10. What separates you from the crowd?

1. Someone quiet(Not necessarily demeure or submissive, just quiet) and friendly. And they take care of themselves(Physically, mentally, etc). Outside of that, anything's fine. Dat ass wouldn't hurt.

2. I admire most cultures to some degree. I really like Scandinavian cultures, and I'd probably move to Denmark if I couldn't live in the US for whatever reason. Native North American cultures fascinates me. Can't say I have encountered any I despise outright. If you want to talk about the cultures in the US, I hate anything that glorifies being loud and obnoxious. I don't like loud.

3. I'd like to learn the piano and get better at playing the drums. Take up kickboxing(Or Muay Thai)/work out more, for fun, not for sport. Build stuff. Travel more. I'd definitely learn the piano and do kickboxing/Muay Thai right now, but I don't have the time.

4. I was bored one summer day during high school, and my usual friend that I talked to about Bleach wasn't around at the time. And it wouldn't take much for me to leave. I barely post anymore as it is. Now I mostly just check in once or twice a week to see if anything's going on. If I see nothing, I don't post. Bleach doing something really, really, really dumb would make me leave completely. It's already come close as it is.

5. As I can see, no. I mean, it might be possible, but money has been so crucial in my life, and everybody elses' lives that I can't see it. It could be nice to have no money in the world.

6. I'd say it's likely. Aside from the most crucial information.

7. I like dive bars. Quiet, dark. Night clubs can be fun, but they're not my ideal go-to spot. Dive bars have the warm, dim colors that are relaxing. Usually have decent music playing. It'd have to be in a college city, since I get along better with people my own age, and dive bars outside of those areas tend to be filled with depressing drunks.

8. You posted in this thread and asked me questions, so you're cool in my book. I know I've seen you around before, but I'm sorry to say that I can't remember my first impressions.

9. Yeesh. I've been here for nearly 5 years. Trying to come up with people I like would take a while. So I'll just @ the people that I friended on the new site.

@Ultrafragor

@Damanos

@Al Mighty

@PlasmaWolf

@ArSoNiSt JoE

@Peleihno

@45shadowz

@Mordzart

@Marshall

@Elijah Ballard

Can't say I have strong enough feelings on this place to hate anyone or note anyone as my "least favorite"

10. I don't know.

So how do you spend you time now that OMF is halfway into the grave?

Have you made a successful return into the world of the living? I refuse to, I cling to this place like a sinking ship.

School, mostly. Music, friends and video games take up my time, too.

I'd say I have successfully returned to the living.

1. When you create a story you add a mundane idea with an extraordinary one. Let's imagine your life is the mundane idea and you are the protagonist. What sort of extraordinary idea would you inject into your life to make it interesting?

2. Now that we have a setting for our story, take all of your problems and troubles in life as well as your personal conflicts and doubts and personify them. What is your antagonist like?

3. An antagonist is a character who is meant to compliment the protagonist and vice versa. The antagonist exploits the protagonists weaknesses - how do they exploit you?

4. A protagonist is a character who overcomes their flaws and an antagonist is a character who succumbs to them. What do you do to overcome your weaknesses and how does the antagonist fall to their own?

5. Now that the story is over, what immediate changes do you see for yourself and your life in this world? What long term changes are there?

and if we're allowed to please ask more

6. First and current impressions of me

1. ****ING PARASITE CARRYING METEORITES THAT IMBUE PEOPLE WITH POWERS WHEN THEY HIT THEM

ALSO METEORITES THAT STRIKE THE EARTH AND NOT PEOPLE **** EVERYTHING UP AND MAKE THE WORLD ALL APOCALYPTIC AND **** AND THE PARASITES THAT DON'T LATCH ON TO PEOPLE DRAIN THE EARTH OF RESOURCES

2.  An uber-successful dude my age who has already secured a safe, comfortable life for himself. I don't have many deep personal demons. This guy should not be an antagonist. Oh ****, wait. Since the world is all ****ed up, this dude is having a crisis now that all of his hard work has been destroyed.

3. I'm stubborn. If I knew how to exploit my own weakness, that weakness wouldn't be that big of a problem, now would it? So I have no idea what the antagonist would do. But whatever he did, it'd be awesome and clever.

4. I'd learn to let things go, and leave the antagonist to wallow in his own problems. I have no idea how this would go down. I'd need more time and thought to fully flesh out how this story goes. I'm not creative enough to do this on the spot.

5. BUT WAIT, WHERE DID THOSE PARASITES COME FROM?!

CLIFFHANGER

6. You're cool. Always have been as far as I can remember.

You guys can ask me more if you want.

Edited by WaffleCopter, 09 April 2014 - 08:12 PM.

• m1hawkgsm, Petite Fleur, ArSoNiSt JoE and 5 others like this

"Sometimes it's cool to commit crimes."

seriously go read Kingdom

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#9 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

Naruto - Rock Lee. **** everyone else.

even Might Guy?

6. So which manga artist would you want to do the art for Yu Yu Hakusho? Aside from Yusuke, who is your favorite from that manga? Do you like anything about Kurama?

7. What exactly do you want to change in Bleach to make it perfect for your taste (the major things, not tiny like ''If Ichigo's hair was black'', for example)? Kinda like my question 4, if Kubo can collaborate with 1 or 2 other mangaka to make those changes you want, who would you want him to work with and what will they be doing? What will Kubo still do?

8. If you could live in a manga universe, which manga would you choose? What will you do in there? If it's a fantasy, action manga (like Bleach or Yu Yu Hakusho), will you become the strongest character?

9. On a scale from ''zero worth'' to ''perfection'', where would you rank Ichimaru Gin? What do you think is awesome about him and what's bad?

10. If you have a Zanpakutou, what would your shikai and bankai be? Which Devil Fruit would you want to eat?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#10 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

even Might Guy?

6. So which manga artist would you want to do the art for Yu Yu Hakusho? Aside from Yusuke, who is your favorite from that manga? Do you like anything about Kurama?

7. What exactly do you want to change in Bleach to make it perfect for your taste (the major things, not tiny like ''If Ichigo's hair was black'', for example)? Kinda like my question 4, if Kubo can collaborate with 1 or 2 other mangaka to make those changes you want, who would you want him to work with and what will they be doing? What will Kubo still do?

8. If you could live in a manga universe, which manga would you choose? What will you do in there? If it's a fantasy, action manga (like Bleach or Yu Yu Hakusho), will you become the strongest character?

9. On a scale from ''zero worth'' to ''perfection'', where would you rank Ichimaru Gin? What do you think is awesome about him and what's bad?

10. If you have a Zanpakutou, what would your shikai and bankai be? Which Devil Fruit would you want to eat?

I would have liked Guy if the most recent chapter of Naruto didn't happen. His coolest moment gets underplayed almost immediately, and now I'm back to looking at him as this goofy idiot. Outside of that one moment, he's a weirder version of Rock Lee. And he gives me pedo-vibes.

6. Dunno. I might say Miura again, but I'm not sure is his more realistic/western style would work very well with YYH. So I guess Kubo would be a good choice, as far as shounen artists go. I like pretty much everybody who was regularly in the series during and after the Dark Tournament. The main four characters are very likeable. The villains all have well-explained and sympathetic goals/motives. The allies of the good guys are all cool. And yeah I like Kurama. Kurama's awesome. He drives an immortal man INSANE once he realizes he can't beat him with force.

7. Kubo's main problem is that he has a cast of literally like, 70 established characters, and he CONSTANTLY decides to focus on the same 4-5 over and over again. Even the characters that were set up as "main characters" have fallen to the wayside because Byakuya, Renji, Rukia and Kenpachi need to deliver more stupid fanservice when Ichigo isn't around. I still can't believe the ****ing retarded power ups Renji and Rukia got that put them well past what you would expect out of even a senior captain for basically no reason and with no harsh training or predicaments. They got strong because the plot said so, I guess. I'd say Togashi, but then this would pretty much be the same answer to the first part of your last question. Kubo can do art and come up with powers.

8. I wouldn't. Even though I like manga series, I still like my world way better than the seemingly underplayed hellholes that exist in manga. If I were to pick one, it'd have to be something somewhat grounded in reality. Like, even though it's not a manga, Cowboy Bebop would be cool. Just traveling around the solar system being a cool bounty hunter. Just as long as I don't run across any weird genetic superhumans. And being the strongest character in any series would be boring.

9. He's somewhere near "perfect". I couldn't include him in my top 5 Bleach characters because of how little we got out of him. Dude's a badass genius, though. And he managed to scare post-Hogyoku Aizen. He's literally the only person who explicitly managed to make Aizen scared of death.

10. I dunno. Am I picking someone else's or coming up with my own? Even though whips are lame, I'd probably pick Rose's zanpakuto. Just because the thought of being able to fight somebody with music is cool as all hell. For a more combat oriented zanpakuto, I'd probably pick Kensei's zanpakuto. Just because I think swords are clunky and dumb, while knives and punches are cool and efficient. Sucks that both of these two got ****ing completely destroyed so Renji fans could get something to touch themselves to. If I could pick my own, probably something to do with water. I don't know. For One Piece Devil Fruits, Whitebeard's Gura Gura no Mi would be awesome. Punching holes in reality. Enel's Goro Goro no Mi would be cool, too. Physics problems aside with One Piece, being able to manipulate/become lightning in the real world would be awesome. Maybe a little impractical, since the cool things like teleporting would be loud and destructive. Borsalino's Pika Pika no Mi would probably be more interesting and practical.

• m1hawkgsm, Petite Fleur, Fulmine and 2 others like this

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#11 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Spoiler

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#12 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Spoiler

1. Ummmmm... I don't know. Toy Story 3 came close. Outside of that I can't think of any books or movies that have made me cry.

2. Two sisters and a brother. I'm the youngest... My sisters are both cool. My oldest sister definitely takes after my dad, and she's kind of an alcoholic. My other sister is kind of uptight... she's also kind of an alcoholic. My brother's a huge nerd and... also kind of an alcoholic.

I think alcoholism runs in my family.

3. Playstation 1, probably. And so many. The Final Fantasies are great(Tactics probably being my favorite). The Crash Bandicoot games are great. Vagrant Story is great. Xenogears is great. The Resident Evil games are great(3 being my favorite). Dragon Warrior/Quest 7 is great. The Spyro games are great.

4. I worked on a presentation for this science experiment that my college was doing last year for a charity. Outside of that, I gave blood during a blood drive not too long ago. Also donated my hair.

5. Getting old. It's the one thing that constantly freaks me out.

6. More or less that capitalism has been corrupted/taken too far and it is poisoning the world. The idea that everyone has to get everywhere by stepping on others really bugs me, especially living in America. The fact that lobbyists exist and corporations can more or less buy their way in to politics through them and fight to create monopolies by proxy, and then do whatever the hell they want? Makes me sick to my stomach. Makes me legitimately angry.

7. No idea. I'm not a religious person at all, so the afterlife/reincarnation/whatever all seems weird to me. It's kind of sad to think that when you die you're just a corpse in the dirt for all eternity, but it's the most reasonable expectation I can have.

8. I got my dad's facial features aside from my eyes. I got my mom's eyes... sort of. They used to be blue like hers, but they've been getting greyer and greyer over the past few years.

9. It's cool. If two consenting adults love each other and there's no harm to anybody mentally or physically(Meaning incest is still creepy and not okay), they should be able to get married.

10. I don't have an opinion. I don't feel that it's right for me to have an opinion on it, since I'm a dude and I can't even hope to fully comprehend the whole idea. I say that women should handle the issue. So I guess in the loosest sense, I'm pro-choice, since for the most part, women aren't the ones deciding if it's right or wrong at the moment.

11. Chemistry. It's the most entertaining to me. It's the field that I am studying. 

12. Psychology. Because it helps in being able to understand some people on a deeper level.

13. Student loans.

14. I'm cool and have nice facial features. More the facial features stuff.

• m1hawkgsm, Petite Fleur, Candles and 1 other like this

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users