Here I am, on the nicest day of the year so far, typing this up because I completely forgot about this question time thing.
1. Top 10 favorite manga? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice) All-time favorite? If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be?
2. 5 manga you would totally recommend for everyone? (may or may not be among those in question 1)
3. Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, boobs, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)
Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you do read? (so 5 each)
4. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time, who would you choose? Who do what?
For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.
5. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga?
- Berserk – I don’t think anything I can say would do it justice. I just wish Miura would STOP TAKING SO MANY GODDAMN BREAKS. I don’t even know if this story will ever resolve in MY lifetime, let alone his.
- Yu Yu Hakusho – Pretty much anything I want in a shounen series, YYH has in spades. Clever, light on fanservice, very well written characters, awesome villains with depth… the art sucks, but that’s a minor complaint.
- Kingdom- A large-scale war series where it feels like there’s tons of **** going on, and yet all of the main characters are clearly set apart from the average mooks? Awesome.
- Shin Angyo Onshi –Another series where I don’t think my words would do it justice.
- Vinland Saga/Vagabond. Samurai vs. Vikings. Take your pick. Vagabond’s a lot more serious and adult oriented, while Vinland Saga is more light-hearted and “fun”. But both are very thoughtful character-oriented series with tons of “**** YEAH” moments.
- The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer – This series made me cry like a ***** at the end of it.
- Hunter x Hunter – The only currently(When Togashi isn’t sidetracked by whatever fun new thing he finds) running Jump series that I think is worth a damn at all.
Can't think of anything else off the top of my head that I like enough to put into a top 10 list.
2. Pretty much the top 5 I mentioned above. I think they’re all pretty accessible and easy to get through.
3. Males – Mayuri(Bleach), Guts(Berserk), Yusuke(YYH), Thorfin(Vinland Saga), Munsu(Shin Angyo Onshi).
Females – Casca(Berserk), Samidare(Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer), Kyokai(Kingdom), Karyo Ten(Kingdom)… Can’t think of a fifth. I’ll blame the underrepresentation of women in the series I tend to read. Yeah.
Bleach - Starrk, Shunsui, Mayuri, Hisagi, Grimmjow
One Piece - Brooke, Crocodile, Lucci, Bon Clay, Law(Don't hurt me)
Naruto - Rock Lee. **** everyone else.
4. Miura(Berserk) would do art. Togashi(YYH, HxH) would do story/characters, with guidance from Miura. ONE(One-Punch Man) could handle the comedy.
5. Oh jeez. I always suck at these. Skip.
What are your top five favorite anime?
Since I already did manga, I do my best to try to come up with my favorite non-manga series:
1. Cowboy Bebop - Cliche, don't care, ****ing love it.
2. Wolf's Rain - Also makes me cry like a *****.
3. Yu Yu Hakusho - Not anime-only, but I feel that it improves on the manga enough to show up on both lists.
4. Baccano! - Cool as ****.
5. Samurai Champloo - Mostly because of the Nujabes soundtrack.
Kind of lazy with that list, but I watch way less anime than I watch manga. Mostly because reading manga is way easier to do on my phone when I'm bored.
1. Ideal traits in a romantic partner? Answer in terms of: Sexuality (PG-13 ofc), living partner, and just general personality/physique.
2. Favorite cultures you admire? Worst cultures you despair at? Why?
3. All money/salaries equal, what profession/career/life hobby would you take up? What about as it stands, but if you had the opportunity?
4. Reasons to join OMF? What would it take to make you leave? What do you think will in the end make you leave?
5. Is it possible to have a world without money?
6. With all the talk about data privacy, I ask: will there come a day when data (historcal or real time) may become public, much like works of literature, science and some patents, are (think Library of Congress)?
7. Describe your favorite night life location (club, bar, restaurant, beach, theater, run down mansion/warehouse). Include details about environment, ambiance, type of people there, etc.
8. First and current impressions of me?
9. Favorite OMF users? Least favorite? Why?
10. What separates you from the crowd?
1. Someone quiet(Not necessarily demeure or submissive, just quiet) and friendly. And they take care of themselves(Physically, mentally, etc). Outside of that, anything's fine. Dat ass wouldn't hurt.
2. I admire most cultures to some degree. I really like Scandinavian cultures, and I'd probably move to Denmark if I couldn't live in the US for whatever reason. Native North American cultures fascinates me. Can't say I have encountered any I despise outright. If you want to talk about the cultures in the US, I hate anything that glorifies being loud and obnoxious. I don't like loud.
3. I'd like to learn the piano and get better at playing the drums. Take up kickboxing(Or Muay Thai)/work out more, for fun, not for sport. Build stuff. Travel more. I'd definitely learn the piano and do kickboxing/Muay Thai right now, but I don't have the time.
4. I was bored one summer day during high school, and my usual friend that I talked to about Bleach wasn't around at the time. And it wouldn't take much for me to leave. I barely post anymore as it is. Now I mostly just check in once or twice a week to see if anything's going on. If I see nothing, I don't post. Bleach doing something really, really, really dumb would make me leave completely. It's already come close as it is.
5. As I can see, no. I mean, it might be possible, but money has been so crucial in my life, and everybody elses' lives that I can't see it. It could be nice to have no money in the world.
6. I'd say it's likely. Aside from the most crucial information.
7. I like dive bars. Quiet, dark. Night clubs can be fun, but they're not my ideal go-to spot. Dive bars have the warm, dim colors that are relaxing. Usually have decent music playing. It'd have to be in a college city, since I get along better with people my own age, and dive bars outside of those areas tend to be filled with depressing drunks.
8. You posted in this thread and asked me questions, so you're cool in my book. I know I've seen you around before, but I'm sorry to say that I can't remember my first impressions.
9. Yeesh. I've been here for nearly 5 years. Trying to come up with people I like would take a while. So I'll just @ the people that I friended on the new site.
Can't say I have strong enough feelings on this place to hate anyone or note anyone as my "least favorite"
10. I don't know.
So how do you spend you time now that OMF is halfway into the grave?
Have you made a successful return into the world of the living? I refuse to, I cling to this place like a sinking ship.
School, mostly. Music, friends and video games take up my time, too.
I'd say I have successfully returned to the living.
1. When you create a story you add a mundane idea with an extraordinary one. Let's imagine your life is the mundane idea and you are the protagonist. What sort of extraordinary idea would you inject into your life to make it interesting?
2. Now that we have a setting for our story, take all of your problems and troubles in life as well as your personal conflicts and doubts and personify them. What is your antagonist like?
3. An antagonist is a character who is meant to compliment the protagonist and vice versa. The antagonist exploits the protagonists weaknesses - how do they exploit you?
4. A protagonist is a character who overcomes their flaws and an antagonist is a character who succumbs to them. What do you do to overcome your weaknesses and how does the antagonist fall to their own?
5. Now that the story is over, what immediate changes do you see for yourself and your life in this world? What long term changes are there?
and if we're allowed to please ask more
6. First and current impressions of me
1. ****ING PARASITE CARRYING METEORITES THAT IMBUE PEOPLE WITH POWERS WHEN THEY HIT THEM
ALSO METEORITES THAT STRIKE THE EARTH AND NOT PEOPLE **** EVERYTHING UP AND MAKE THE WORLD ALL APOCALYPTIC AND **** AND THE PARASITES THAT DON'T LATCH ON TO PEOPLE DRAIN THE EARTH OF RESOURCES
2. An uber-successful dude my age who has already secured a safe, comfortable life for himself. I don't have many deep personal demons. This guy should not be an antagonist. Oh ****, wait. Since the world is all ****ed up, this dude is having a crisis now that all of his hard work has been destroyed.
3. I'm stubborn. If I knew how to exploit my own weakness, that weakness wouldn't be that big of a problem, now would it? So I have no idea what the antagonist would do. But whatever he did, it'd be awesome and clever.
4. I'd learn to let things go, and leave the antagonist to wallow in his own problems. I have no idea how this would go down. I'd need more time and thought to fully flesh out how this story goes. I'm not creative enough to do this on the spot.
5. BUT WAIT, WHERE DID THOSE PARASITES COME FROM?!
6. You're cool. Always have been as far as I can remember.
You guys can ask me more if you want.
Edited by WaffleCopter, 09 April 2014 - 08:12 PM.