Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

http://www.mangabird...older-35?page=0 Chapter 35 raw is out :D

Spoiler

ytKhouO.png

"In the midst of this darkness. A path of light exists - outside of the light, nothing can be seen, nothing exists.

I am one who runs in the midst of that light" - Reki, Hidan no Aria

#63 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

Subs are out

http://readms.com/r/...1/1?t=2&f=0&e=0

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#64 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Damn. This chapter was total carnage.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#65 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Damn. This chapter was total carnage.

I'm in shock right now....Just wow :| 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#66 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

Fate wants Touta all to himself. He'll just "kill" whoever gets in his way xD

Spoiler The meaning of life

#67 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Wow. Fate doesn't even care one bit about whoever he kills, although he does seem to want Touta for something (or at least his head...)

I think Fate will have probably remembered Kirie's ability, thus turning the fight into his victory once again... Though "simple tricks" have been known to trick Fate surprisingly well before (Nodoka's book and Murakami's opera glasses).

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#68 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Looks like Fate has slipped at some point

Spoiler
. Him claiming to be the best friend of Negi sounds a bit far-fetched on his part, too, regardless on what they experienced after the end of MSN. Perhaps he himself considers himself as such, but I wonder if Negi, what with Kotarou and everyone else, thought the same way :huh:

That aside, it looks like the Yukihiro Corp. went on to manage the tower, further cementing their status as a global superpower :lol:

Edited by Abu Dun, 18 May 2014 - 04:59 PM.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#69 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

What I got from this chapter is

Spoiler
Either way, this was a really good chapter. The action is on a whole other level. Now, if only we could get more than 16 pages a chapter...

#70 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Spoiler

• garlyle likes this

Spoiler Overcome

#71 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

I don't think Eva's the "bad guy" for something like that, it's possible I guess so we'll see but I'd fine it more likely that she just didn't think Fate would raise him correctly or something like that. I feel like there's just some misunderstanding/miscommunication here (likely on Fate's part) like just wait, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Fate said his reasons were something really plain and we got a panel of everyone reacting in shock at him murdering everyone over just that. Also was I the only one who heard Fate sounding almost sarcastic when he was saying he was Negi's best friend? Like it feels like he himself knows he isn't really the one closest to Negi but that that was what he came to be known s since they were always together making that Blue Mars plan so he uses it mockingly. I could be wrong but that was the vibe I got

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#72 AnimeNikkaJamal

AnimeNikkaJamal

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I don't think Eva's the "bad guy" for something like that, it's possible I guess so we'll see but I'd fine it more likely that she just didn't think Fate would raise him correctly or something like that. I feel like there's just some misunderstanding/miscommunication here (likely on Fate's part) like just wait, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Fate said his reasons were something really plain and we got a panel of everyone reacting in shock at him murdering everyone over just that. Also was I the only one who heard Fate sounding almost sarcastic when he was saying he was Negi's best friend? Like it feels like he himself knows he isn't really the one closest to Negi but that that was what he came to be known s since they were always together making that Blue Mars plan so he uses it mockingly. I could be wrong but that was the vibe I got

Although he looked quite brutal in his execution, technically, Fate didn't kill anyone. He disabled all of the Numbers the most efficient ways possible without actually slaying them. Only Kirie was in serious danger, the others could have recovered but she was ****ed if she got petrified and nobody released her. Chances are, Fate doesn't know her power actually relies on dying, and petrified her because he has no data on her abilities and didn't want to risk mortally wounding her by assuming she can be rebuilt like Ikku, regenerate like Kuromaru, or just be sent anywhere possible without taking damage like 13.

HELP: Want to change name to " GravityZero " - my handle from the original OMF.
- Ubel Blatt: My favorite manga. And even better the second read-through.

#73 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

I never liked Fate in the original series (never been a fan of the Boring Invincible Villain type) and unless there's some huge reason for him to be like he is, I probably won't like him in this either. Hopefully, it's not because he's suddenly evil after all they went through in MSN to change him.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#74 AnimeNikkaJamal

AnimeNikkaJamal

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

I never liked Fate in the original series (never been a fan of the Boring Invincible Villain type) and unless there's some huge reason for him to be like he is, I probably won't like him in this either. Hopefully, it's not because he's suddenly evil after all they went through in MSN to change him.

Ya know, I kind of hate the idea that one side has to be "good" and the opposition is automatically "evil". I actually prefer stories where two sides presented as morally equivalent fight each other not because they're driven by "good vs evil" but "our interests vs theirs".

To me, Fate is the opposition, but not necessarily evil. With the little we know of his current office, I'd assume he's trying to be a Well-Intentioned Extremist of some sort, and Utopia Justifies the Means. Meanwhile, UQ Holder is La Resistance and trying to play damage control to the collateral that Fate's schemes and the atrocities of Fate's minions create, which inevitably leads to conflict when the two sides meet.

Just brainstorming but the idea that "Fate is evil now cuz" would really tick me the wrong way. He wasn't even truly evil in MSN.

• Spamamdorf and diezdragon like this

#75 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Ya know, I kind of hate the idea that one side has to be "good" and the opposition is automatically "evil". I actually prefer stories where two sides presented as morally equivalent fight each other not because they're driven by "good vs evil" but "our interests vs theirs".

To me, Fate is the opposition, but not necessarily evil. With the little we know of his current office, I'd assume he's trying to be a Well-Intentioned Extremist of some sort, and Utopia Justifies the Means. Meanwhile, UQ Holder is La Resistance and trying to play damage control to the collateral that Fate's schemes and the atrocities of Fate's minions create, which inevitably leads to conflict when the two sides meet.

Just brainstorming but the idea that "Fate is evil now cuz" would really tick me the wrong way. He wasn't even truly evil in MSN.

True.. he was more just an arrogant jerk. Lol. Which is probably why I didn't like him.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#76 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

You're completely missing Fate's point as a character yet again. When Jamal's saying that he's not truly evil he's talking about the grey morality that was ever present in Negima, you know, the way that the good guys had elements of darkness to them, and that the enemies were rarely just plain old evil, everyone had good intentions at one time or another, were just making a living, and the like. Apparently you didn't catch that, because Fate never even changed his ideals in Negima, he just stopped being hostile since he could get his goals peacefully.

Although he looked quite brutal in his execution, technically, Fate didn't kill anyone. He disabled all of the Numbers the most efficient ways possible without actually slaying them. Only Kirie was in serious danger, the others could have recovered but she was ****ed if she got petrified and nobody released her. Chances are, Fate doesn't know her power actually relies on dying, and petrified her because he has no data on her abilities and didn't want to risk mortally wounding her by assuming she can be rebuilt like Ikku, regenerate like Kuromaru, or just be sent anywhere possible without taking damage like 13.

True I thought of it as murder due to the way he took out Robo Boy but thinking on it that wouldn't kill him and if he didn't smash his head he could have used that eye beam on him.

• diezdragon likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#77 AnimeNikkaJamal

AnimeNikkaJamal

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

True I thought of it as murder due to the way he took out Robo Boy but thinking on it that wouldn't kill him and if he didn't smash his head he could have used that eye beam on him.

Indeed. I wonder if Ikkuu actually has his organic brain still.

#78 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

http://readms.com/r/...9/1?t=2&f=0&e=0

Well, things got a bit complicated right now. What are those two doing there?!

Spoiler The meaning of life

#79 Guardian-Angel

Guardian-Angel

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

Is it just me or something is wrong with the timeline? Kirie said Negi passed away 30 years ago, but how could he then meet Nagumo 10 years later, during the final fight with Mage of the Beginning?

Also now with such a shot in the ebd, Fate and the boy do look alike so much. Now it does not seem like a coincidence to me anymore.

ytKhouO.png

"In the midst of this darkness. A path of light exists - outside of the light, nothing can be seen, nothing exists.

I am one who runs in the midst of that light" - Reki, Hidan no Aria

#80 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Well, now we know this plan is going to fail. There's no way Kota will ever let his friends get hurt, even if they're in an alternate timeline.

Is it just me or something is wrong with the timeline? Kirie said Negi passed away 30 years ago, but how could he then meet Nagumo 10 years later, during the final fight with Mage of the Beginning?

Also now with such a shot in the ebd, Fate and the boy do look alike so much. Now it does not seem like a coincidence to me anymore.

Yeah, plus Fate was even present in that flashback from 20 years ago... Mistranslation perhaps? I doubt Akamatsu would screw up the timeline in this sequel series. :/

Spoiler Overcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users