#1002 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

Pfft ahaha!

I mean, I'm not exactly for blowing up a bus full of children just to get the party back on track-- but I'll take it!

As for the rest of the chapter, it was pretty fun. And apparently, he really is playing Contra.

samisig.jpg

#1003 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

There were a lot of inconsistencies in the latest chapter, the biggest one being nobody addressing the fact they can just stop time and walk all the way up the tower. You know, that thing they explicitly said Touta was gonna do when they first stopped time?

It's all minor stuff, though. I'm happy that non-flashback stuff is going on, some interesting topics were brought up regarding altruism, Karin remembered she had spats, the whole chapter was very cinematic, and really, all I can think about right now is how sad it'd be if Kirie just tried to kill herself again and nothing happened at all. It'll probably be more complicated than that given how they bothered to explain how her powers worked right before they got separated, but that final page is still very ominous to me.

Edited by Athos, 11 December 2017 - 10:48 PM.

samisig.jpg

#1004 Delritho

Delritho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:22 AM

There were a lot of inconsistencies in the latest chapter, the biggest one being nobody addressing the fact they can just stop time and walk all the way up the tower. You know, that thing they explicitly said Touta was gonna do when they first stopped time?

Everyone but Touta, Kirie, and Cutlass is affected by timestop, how well do you think it would work out if you gave Cutlass a free pass at Touta again?

#1005 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

Kinda obvious Cutlass would target Kirie since she the one who suggest to time reset.

Makes you wonder how come none of the UQ noticed

#1006 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:59 AM

Even assuming Cutlass would be properly imprisoned while Touta and Kirie climbed up the ladder in stopped time, I also don't believe it would be a good idea to send them alone against whoever it is that blew up the tower.

I just wanted someone to bring it up! It was too obvious!

...I mean, it WOULD be too obvious to someone who had read that first time stop chapter like 30 times-- but you get my drift.

Edited by Athos, 13 December 2017 - 06:11 AM.

samisig.jpg

#1007 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

See? Was that so hard?

Just an ordinary chapter without romcom or nudity, some creative use of powers and their limits in space, characters discussing unusual topics, dealing with problems where being immortal doesn't mean squat, Kirie being savvy and not being put on a bus...

Other than the uncomfortable delay, this was a very nice way to start 2018.

samisig.jpg

#1008 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Yea, good chap indeed. Lol at Kouta gettin "roasted" by Gengorou. I feel like he might be trying to get Kouta to realize that he's brought a new light to UQ.

Waiting for Cutlass to do something, she's being to chill for a prisoner. All this is going according to plan it seems.

#1009 Hikari-Senca

Hikari-Senca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:54 AM

Great chapter, reminds me of UQ Holder of old before all of the nonsense. That missile scene was pretty hype too.

Waiting for Cutlass to do something, she's being to chill for a prisoner. All this is going according to plan it seems.

She already did, she was the one who ruined the save point with her robotic arm, that same arm that was shown in the last chapter.

Edited by Hikari-Senca, 11 January 2018 - 03:55 AM.

• Frankenstein likes this

#1010 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Well I'm late to the glad to finally see Negima finally got some much needed closure, but okay guess Negis mother died or something. Because I really don't want it to end with a "well it didn't work out" since that's pretty rare for Japanese fiction. Not sure I agree with NagixEva regardless, totally happy my shipping with NegixChisame was the final answer though lol.

#1011 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

Great chapter, reminds me of UQ Holder of old before all of the nonsense. That missile scene was pretty hype too.

She already did, she was the one who ruined the save point with her robotic arm, that same arm that was shown in the last chapter.

What chapter are you guys even talking about? 

What happened to common sense of linking before talking about chapter?

#1012 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Sorry, I don't really know a way to look at the latest chapter in Crunchyroll without a subscription anymore. I don't even know where to get a proper DDL since my usual site is undergoing maintenance. I just found a torrent somewhere with the file and downloaded it.

samisig.jpg

#1013 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Chapter 144: http://www.mangatail.com/node/281792

@YyAoMmIi I got you playa, my bad.

Oh shit, I missed that or forgot I guess. So she's lying when she says it's not her people? Are they just collaborating for this mission? 

#1014 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

I thought that was obvious when knew of the safe point power and told UQ to use it...
It as if Her goal was Save point itself

#1015 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,806 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

I have to wonder why everyone was freaking out about scaling the tower so fast when they have the ability to stop time? Did they simply forget?

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#1016 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

I have to wonder why everyone was freaking out about scaling the tower so fast when they have the ability to stop time? Did they simply forget?

Stopping time applies to only 2 people, and has danger of Cutlass not being affected.

#1017 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

I actually have a good feeling about that now. It depends on what happens next month, but if it does--

Well, I hope it does.

Edited by Athos, 12 January 2018 - 09:29 PM.

samisig.jpg

#1018 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,806 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

Stopping time applies to only 2 people, and has danger of Cutlass not being affected.

Better two people than no people.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#1019 Delritho

Delritho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Better two people than no people.

Not when the other person affected can kick that crap out of your 2 people, making it the more dangerous option.

#1020 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,806 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Not when the other person affected can kick that crap out of your 2 people, making it the more dangerous option.

Perhaps, but that's not what happened. They rather easily dispatched of the guy on the rocket, and four eyes was talking about how if Touta didn't make it they might have just not done it, when he could have easily gotten there instantaneously. 

iyzTKCh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users