1050 replies to this topic

#1021 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

There are a lot of ways to justify them not stopping time right away, but the heart of the matter is that nobody even pointed it out.

But, again, I feel like this might only be obvious to someone who knows that one KiriexTouta chapter by heart, so I find it difficult to be too mad about it.

samisig.jpg

#1022 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:25 AM

nobody even pointed it out.

Yeah that's really my problem, giving a half baked "but Cutlass might do something during that time" excuse would have been fine, but because no one even mentioned it and constantly still made a big deal of "wow it's hard to go places fast isnt it" it seemed like it was just forgotten. Teleporting was brought up, but not that which is essentially the same as teleporting. 

Edited by Spamamdorf, 15 January 2018 - 03:25 AM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#1023 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

...well, this chapter went places. Like, a lot of places. As in, I may have expected some of the twists, but never-- and I mean not in my ******* wildest dreams did I expect this to turn into SPEED III: Imouto's Revenge.

Jokes aside, though, this is probably the first time I've felt that making UQ Holder a monthly was a good idea, and the twelfth or thirteenth time I've felt naming it "Negima 2" was a terrible one. I'm glad, of course, but the arc is not quite over yet, and I haven't forgotten there is that flashback train waiting at the end of the tunnel, so I'm only cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Athos, 09 February 2018 - 12:47 AM.

samisig.jpg

#1024 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

http://mangaseeonlin...hapter-145.html

Come on. Link first.

Good. Was wondering if when she kill her

#1025 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Cutlass is a lot cuter when she isn't scowling 24/7

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#1026 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

...I guess that was about as creative as I give this credit for. Which is good, I actually give this series a lot of credit, despite Akamatsu's periods of drunken pandering.

It wasn't nearly as flashy or dramatic as I was hoping, but I do approve of this unusual loophole exploitation.

...now back to the flashbacks... 

Edited by Athos, 10 March 2018 - 06:39 AM.

samisig.jpg

#1027 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

146 is out on mangasee, don't want to link cause the ads suck.

The live re sock was actually me toned earlier

#1028 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

So are you telling me Gengoro has never once done a good deed before and that's why he had no clue he'd regain lives? Or did he just forget when he was falling for the sake of false drama?

iyzTKCh.jpg

#1029 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

Hm... the mechanics of it were explained a couple chapters ago. I guess he didn't know whether he would get his extra life before or after he died, so there was a chance he wouldn't make it in time.

His power reminds me of the nen abilities in HunterXHunter and self-imposed limitations.

samisig.jpg

#1030 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

Oh, hey. For the second special of the anime they picked that chapter. This amuses me.

Not just because the studio gained some of my respect back by picking THE ONE chapter in the entire series that I wanted to be animated, but also because it further puts into question why nobody even considered stopping time in the current arc.

The episode itself was... decent. They changed a couple things and added a few others. Nothing I cared about. To be honest, had it not been for one small thing they omitted, it would've been close to perfect.

samisig.jpg

#1031 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

...I like that right before we go back to the previous flashback, we've now started a completely different flashback. An important flashback, I admit, but a flashback nonetheless!

I want to rant. I really want to rant, but once again, every time I feel like I have a legitimate reason, Akamatsu distracts me with Kirie teasing. And he knows this, too. He knows I'm looking. She has literally no reason to be in this chapter, but Akamatsu realizes that without her, this chapter would've been one big waste of time, and I hate him for that. I hate him for not being able to hate him. That cunning bastard.

samisig.jpg

#1032 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

I really hate that KA can't seem to settle on anything. Especially with how this chapter seems to precisely juxtapose how ridiculous this all is but also throw in lots of cute moments like it's going to turn around all of a sudden or something. Eva's been flip flopping all over the place and while it's fine for the story to feature characters more or less I wish at least the characters could stay consistent. 

It also still is putting off telling why on earth Eva just totally ditched her partner for Chamo to watch.

iyzTKCh.jpg

#1033 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

I suppose the whole point of the flashback is to straighten out Eva's stance in all this, which is probably gonna be "I'm not gonna marry the kid who is essentially my adopted son". ...I can't help but laugh at the fact that the issue is no longer "he's a kid" but rather "he's my son", as if we were climbing the scale of uncomfortable fetishes.

Of course, I can't imagine this ending with "You're right Yukihime. Let's be mother and son from now on and never address this again", but if Akamatsu is bringing this up now and not at the epilogue, he must have made some kind of decision about this confusing pairing.

Edited by Athos, 09 April 2018 - 08:49 PM.

samisig.jpg

#1034 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

The thing is I've got this feeling that especially because it's coming up now and we're getting essentially a recap episode on it that there's going to be something that happens in the future, or now, that makes Eva slowly or quickly get over it. So everything goes back to the usual harem antics plus one, as is often the case. Mark my words Eva's going to be at least pushed, successfully or not, into trying to reconcile it being totally ok to try to go after your adopted son.

iyzTKCh.jpg

#1035 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:59 AM

Or, you know, we could forget the whole thing entirely. Right? Because that's an option. It only makes the previous chapter even more pointless, but hey. Less flashbacks is A-OK with me.

Also, holy shit.

Edited by Athos, 09 May 2018 - 03:00 AM.

samisig.jpg

#1036 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

I do like that no matter what seems to get bastardized in UQ Holder the one constant is Rakan

iyzTKCh.jpg

#1037 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

...not gonna lie, I liked that flashback a lot.

samisig.jpg

#1038 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Poor Negi

#1039 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:07 AM

I think you mean lucky guy. That was pretty darn cute

iyzTKCh.jpg

#1040 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

I want to believe that the reason the third OAD of UQ Holder anime didn't animate Karin pratfalling after Touta's confession rampage wasn't because of budget, but because, like me, they were also baffled by Akamatsu somehow trying to make her wear socks and stockings simultaneously.

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users