• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

I watched the movie. It was pretty good. The swordfights were fast-paced with great choreography, that really captured the spirit of the manga.

Compared to the movie 'Kinema-ban' is just campy and tedious. Watsuki should hurry up and move on to his new manga projects.

#22 Nightblade888

Nightblade888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Everyone who wants to watch the live action movie http://www.dramacraz...in-watch/276461

Thanks a bunch!  I was so excited when I heard that the movie had gotten good reviews and I figued that it would take forever until I would be able to see it.  This was a great movie, I really enjoyed just about everything about it, although it did take me a while to figure out a who a couple of the characters were.

#23 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,298 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I've finally watched the movie :3

It was awesome. It felt so much like the manga, the characters were exactly like how I remembered them. And Kaoru was way better than in the manga (I never liked her in the manga...). 

the fights were indeed great, the choreography was all good.

And Saitou Hajime was perfect. He so much had that badass attitude.

Now, I'd love to see the whole manga in live action movie  :)

#24 De Facto

De Facto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn your heart

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Probably one of my favorite series to read cover-to-cover. Can't claim that for a lot of series these days, mainly because they're super drawn-out with at least half a thousand chapters or slow down too much at certain points. I loved Rurouni Kenshin's pacing and its action sequences were superb, not to mention the characters really fleshed themselves out as time went on and the reader got to see them legitimately develop over time. It didn't give away all of its powerful plot points all once, either, plus it cast a wide net of antagonists for Kenshin to face and has one of my favorite character ensembles altogether for most series I've read to date. Lastly, I'd have to say this is probably one of the most ambitious historical fiction mangas out there depicting Japan's past, as it focused on the transitionary period between the Tokugawa Shounate and the Meiji Period, which not only meant there was quite a lot of historical accuracy to aim to keep while writing the manga, but for the fact that Rurouni Kenshin's mangaka took some of that history and incorporated it so soundly into the series plot makes me truly admire the manga it is. Oh, and it didn't overstay its welcome, which I feel a lot of manga could learn from in this day and age...

• azer_moli, Ren-san and 2 manga like this

#25 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

http://www.mangahere...ban/c003/8.html

I'm loving this. Kenichi as Battousai having a sense of humour?  :D

#26 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

It is confirmed that Rurouni Kenshin going to get a two more live-adaptation movies and it is planning to release on summer of 2014; also, the second movie will focus on the Kyoto arc and the Kenshin's past arc (I think for the second one).

27350_900.png

Image Credit to Manganewsjapon

• azer_moli and The Witcher like this

#27 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Yeah, I figured.. she appeared in a sort of cameo last time. Though.. I'm a bit skeptical with fusing the Kyoto Arc with the Kenshin past arc... They're pretty much unrelated in themes / plot.

Mmmm.. actually I'd like going forward with the Tomoe arc purely first (it's not like they don't have enough material for one movie there) and develop Kaoru / Kenshin's relationship in that movie, and then finish up with Shishio arc (3rd movie).

.. mmmm . . .this is good news though! Do you have a link for it? 

#28 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

.. mmmm . . .this is good news though! Do you have a link for it? 

Link for what?

#29 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

The announcement. Or is it just in the magazine?

#30 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

The announcement. Or is it just in the magazine?

It is from August Issue of Jump SQ.

#31 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

It is confirmed that Fujiwara Tatsuya (actor who played Yagami Light (Death Note) and Itou Kaiji (Tobaku Mukushiroku Kaiji)) going to play the role of Shishio Makoto for upcoming Rurouni Kenshin live-adaptation movie.

#32 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

This is sure going to be an interesting movie. 

Have they announced who is going to be playing Kenshin master in the upcoming movie?

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#33 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Have they announced who is going to be playing Kenshin master in the upcoming movie?

No.

#34 Okita Sougo

Okita Sougo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Started watching the Anime on Sunday. Is Kenshin the most over powered MC ever? He fights Aoshi, then I assume Sojiro and then Shishio...consecutively. So he fights the 3 strongest?

Is this where Gintama gets inspiration from?

#35 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

Started watching the Anime on Sunday. Is Kenshin the most over powered MC ever? He fights Aoshi, then I assume Sojiro and then Shishio...consecutively. So he fights the 3 strongest?

天翔龍閃.

yjEhBS7.png

#36 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

No.

#37 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

All that eventually takes its toll on him, as you'll find out in a later arc if you read the manga.

And frankly, none of them would have been that much of a problem if Kenshin just used a real sword. Aoshi and Shishio would have died the first time he struck them with his blade, and his first sword clash with Soujiro would result in him cutting through Soujiro's katana and killing him. Ah, his no-killing vow... 

And no way is this comparable to Gintama. That comes entirely from Sorachi-sensei's wonderful, twisted, demented mind!  :lol:

• Lone_ant likes this

#38 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Shishio wouldn't have been killed off on the first strike even if Kenshin used the sharp side of his sword.

If anything, Shishio was on the same level as Kenshin before he met Tomoe. 

Only Hiko Seijuro is the stronger than both Kenshin and Shishio. 

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#39 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Shishio wouldn't have been killed off on the first strike even if Kenshin used the sharp side of his sword.

If anything, Shishio was on the same level as Kenshin before he met Tomoe. 

Only Hiko Seijuro is the stronger than both Kenshin and Shishio. 

Kenshin hit Shishio with a 5-hit aerial combo long before using the Ougis. With a sharp blade that would have sliced Shishio to ribbons.

#40 Okita Sougo

Okita Sougo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

All that eventually takes its toll on him, as you'll find out in a later arc if you read the manga.

And frankly, none of them would have been that much of a problem if Kenshin just used a real sword. Aoshi and Shishio would have died the first time he struck them with his blade, and his first sword clash with Soujiro would result in him cutting through Soujiro's katana and killing him. Ah, his no-killing vow... 

And no way is this comparable to Gintama. That comes entirely from Sorachi-sensei's wonderful, twisted, demented mind!  :lol:

The fact that he didn't use a real sword is what proves he is over powered and how weak everyone else is. Still likeable. Does Sansuke get stronger? How far does the anime go up to the manga?

Good it's not comparable though Sano is kind of like the Kagura equivalent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users