#21 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,135 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

Thank god! I thought it was a weird thing of mine for the past few years :P

While that is true, the world of Supernatural has always been a plus for me. Its takes on the weird and the supernatural has created some memorable episodes. Don't get me wrong the show wouldn't be the same without Jensen and Jared, but it gives little credit to the awesome characters the show has produced over the years and of course the story lines. The network do want a spinoff though, but probably not for another few years.

Also I've started watching The X Files recently to see what the hype is all about and Crowley was in one of the episodes and he was as douchey as ever :lolxg: Gotta love him though

Oh I agree with that, of course, but I'm really fond of the characters, not just Dean and Sam. 

Crowley's awesome, Castiel's awesome, Sam&Dean's dad was awesome, etc. They always make wonderful characters, and they always choose the right actor to do the show. I think. 

I said "actors" because, you know, when Castiel almost died, there was the possibility of him coming back with another body. But I wouldn't have liked it… >_>

#22 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,922 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

They wouldn't dare to replace Misha @azer_moli....Misha is such a perfect human being, he's irreplaceable as Castiel >.<

• azer_moli likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#23 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

Ahhh! Finally a place on OMF where I can talk Supernatural. There used to be an FC back in the previous OMF. But there was little activity.

Seasons 1-5 are amazing. 6-7 were good. 8-9 were terrible, BUT Crowley becoming a regular and plus Deanmon COULD be enough to right the ship. I just hope it isn't Dean being the villain; we've pretty much beat the "Winchester Vs. Winchester" horse to death at this point.

I disagree with your assertions to a point. But what else is new? Lol! You and I tend to agree to a point on most things only you to take it further than I.

Season 1 - Good. It set up the premise of the show well. But there were a bit too many "monster of the week" episodes. Things really don't get going until late in the season.

Seasons 2 thru 5 - The high water mark of this series. Especially season 4 that is the best season overall.

Season 6 - Good. With a decent amount of hilarious episodes and it was the season that really established Crowley

Season 7 - Okay. The threat of the Leviathans started out as a great pitch. Especially once the Winchesters were on the run. Dick Roman was the most compelling villain since Lucifer. But the season quickly lost steam and the Leviathans never turned out to be the threat they should have been.

Season 8 - Bad. There were great moments as the Winchesters tried to seal both angels and demons. Seeing Kevin's world crumble even more around him was heartwrenching. But thre were too many filler episodes and Naomi was vastly underutilized. What saves this season from being the worst was that finale. The sight of seeing those falling angels stays with me even now as an iconic Supernatural moment.

Season 9 - Worst Season yet. Too much pointless emo from Sam who seemed to forget all the terrible decisions he's made over the years while giving his brother shit for what he did. Waaaay too many pointless monster of the week episodes including that "spinoff to nowhere" episode that hurt my eyes watching it. Abbaddon was a great potential villain that went nowhere and was underused (like so many of the female characters on this show sadly). Plus they lose points for killing Kevin. :shakefist:

The only saving grace for this season was Gadreel and his complexity. Metatron, that I didn't think much of as a villain, became an interesting "thinking man's" villain (though his fall was rediculously cliched). And the Mark of Cain (does this mean we could see Abel one day?) that began to bring Dean closer to being his badass former self and opens possiblities for next season.

My favourite show <3 

So many cult episodes, so many cult scenes, so wonderful characters~ I know everything's not perfect, especially since Eric Kripke left the show (with his death on screen à la Matrix in "The French Mistake" --that was damn awesome), but still, SPN humour is still good, and it's going well enough. I really like all the regular characters, and that's quite phenomenal for a tv show (I'm not watching that many, so of course I probably miss a lot of awesome ones). 

Just wanna add: my favourite episode is in season three, with the rabbit's foot (S3E03). I've never laughed as much while watching a tv show (err yeah, I don't watch comedy shows at all).

Great choice for a favorite episode. But for me, nothing will ever top the season finale of Season 5, Swan Song. I mean what could be better for a finale that this opening Narration:

That was so emotional in so many ways and the final scenes of that episode so iconic that nothing can top it. For laughs though I would like to throw in Changing Channels from Season five. Anything with the Trickster is just gold. Another one was "The Curious Case of Dean Winchester." I remember thinking this was going to be a throwaway episode that turned out to be pretty damned good.

Ohh riiight, I had laughed so much with that scene too! 

Another one of my favourite ones would be this one :aww:

I'm not good with titles… which episode was it? what happened in it?

Loved that promo. Loved he song so much I downloaded it on iTunes. :banana:

Now I have a question: Who wants to rate their favorite "Road So Far..." Segments?

Edited by RamenRenegade, 28 May 2014 - 09:02 PM.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #24 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts
    • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'd have to youtube the road so far segments but I'm not going to do that because...lazy.

I hated that back door pilot BUT didn't hate the main hunter and ghoul characters. The pilot not getting picked up is actually the perfect excuse to integrate these interesting characters into the main series. At the rate they kill of secondary characters (henricksen :( , MEG :cry:) they could always use more.

#25 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,450 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

oh my favorite ep is

Season 6 ep 9

• garlyle likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#26 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

oh my favorite ep is

Season 6 ep 9

Clap your hands if you believe. Nice choice. This is the episode that gave me hope that they were going to expand the universe beyond the Angels, who at this time hadn't quite gone as wretchedly stale as they are now, but alas twas not to be. we've heard NOTHING from this corner of the universe but there are plenty more blank faced, bland angels clogging up the screen...yay :angry:  This and live free or twihard made that season for me.

#27 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 846 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Best opening ever.

Death has always been one of my favorite characters as well i hope we see more of him in the seasons to come.

Onto the latest episodes Dean becoming a Knight seems like it could be cool but the whole one brother slowly becoming evil thing is becoming a little dull. I hope there's other stories in this season because if that's the main story i think season ten will be a bit iffy.

• azer_moli likes this

#28 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,243 posts
    • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hey anybody remember this from Season 3:

"You can't escape me Dean. You're gonna die. And this? This is what you're gonna become!"

BD7VXtk.gif

Talk about a prophecy...

tumblr_n5wjs07krQ1s69tnto3_400.gif

• azer_moli, Tokoya, garlyle and 2 others like this

#29 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Funny thing about that scene from season three is, from what I've heard, it was originally supposed to be his dad, John, who he saw, but when, for whatever reason, Jeffery Dean Morgan couldn't do it they just had Dean see himself. I'd say it worked out for the best, wouldn't you?

#30 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Interesting piece of info there. Where did you hear that?

•  

• #31 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,905 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hope we get an actual female in the show again. Really sucks that they had to make one a lesbian, and kill the other off when she got too close to Castiel because the Destiel crowd can't just let these heterosexual characters have heterosexual relationships 3:<

• garlyle and RamenRenegade like this

2mGKRJi.png
    ▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#32 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Supernatural has always struggled when it comes to the female characters, haven't they? Honestly, this late in the game, I think we have to accept that Charlie is the closest thing to a strong female character we're getting in Supernatural, that lives. As for the boys or Cas ever finding a female compainion, never going to happen. Certain sections of the fanbase are so rabidly vocal, they'd never risk the hell that would rain down on them if they even tried.  I'd love to be proven wrong though...

#33 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,905 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Supernatural has always struggled when it comes to the female characters, haven't they? Honestly, this late in the game, I think we have to accept that Charlie is the closest thing to a strong female character we're getting in Supernatural, that lives. As for the boys or Cas ever finding a female compainion, never going to happen. Certain sections of the fanbase are so rabidly vocal, they'd never risk the hell that would rain down on them if they even tried.  I'd love to be proven wrong though...

It's not like their female characters are bad, though. Meg is literally my favorite character in this series, for example. It's just, yeah, a rabid and vocal section of the fanbase that needs to shut the fuck up.

2mGKRJi.png
    ▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 10,922 posts
    • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

I liked Ruby and Lilith.....

• Petite Fleur and garlyle like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 564 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I liked Ruby and Lilith.....

So do I, but Lilith go dealt with REALLY quickly and I like Ruby's first incarnation, not the second. @Petite Fleur agreed. Meg is awesome, EVERY incarnation. They've been lucky to get some amazing actors to play her. I do hate that the fans went into a tizzy about their precious Castiel maybe liking someone besides Dean. Those types of fans aren't helping the series grow and flourish, their fanaticism is holding it back.

• Petite Fleur and Tokoya like this

#36 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

It's because so many of the fanboys/girls only want the story to be about the male characters. Plus there are tons of Supernatural yaoi fans apparently. That's why girls like Jo and Bella (whom I liked) were killed off. Both characters were meant to have bigger roles as possible Dean love interests. Fans apparently rejected it and they were dumped.

Edited by RamenRenegade, 10 June 2014 - 04:44 PM.

• Petite Fleur, Tokoya and garlyle like this

•  

• #37 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,225 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Bella wasnt killed off because of fans she was killed off because she didn't have a place in the story

Lol can't blame your fusttactions on certain parts of the fanbase.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#38 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,276 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hey anybody remember this from Season 3:

"You can't escape me Dean. You're gonna die. And this? This is what you're gonna become!"

http://i.imgur.com/BD7VXtk.gif...

Talk about a prophecy...

http://37.media.tumblr.com/afdb5c4d50aa6...

Yeah, i bet they were thinking about the recent episode back during season 3

qhz8b56l.png

#39 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

Bella wasnt killed off because of fans she was killed off because she didn't have a place in the story

Actually she did have a developing place in the story. I read in an interview IGN had with with Kripke (Several years back), that he initially wanted her to be introduced in small doses in order to not piss off fans. And even admitted that they may have pushed the character a bit too much in terms of being too antagonistic to justify why the brothers would continue to accept help from her. But in the end it was fan response which was negative due to the fact that both her character (and Jo) interferred with the "brotherly bond" in the show which ultimately led to both characters being killed off. Which to me was just the fans of Winchester Yaoi causing a ruckus. In the end neither she nor Jo were there long enough to see their arcs properly developed. I dont know how many liked the character as opposed to disliked. But it was at least large enough for Kripke himself to admit that it played a role in the decision. the article i read had very specific reasons for her removal. I can't seem to find it. But here is another artlicle mentioning it.

http://www.buddytv.c...ings-18107.aspx

And don't get it wrong. The lack of romantic interests isn't really a weakness on this show. But I do believe that it could be well served if these boys at some point had some none penis relationships. Lol! So long as they're well done characters of course. Though I'm sure you, would disagree.

Edited by RamenRenegade, 10 June 2014 - 11:49 PM.

• Petite Fleur, Tokoya and garlyle like this

•  

• #40 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,905 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Actually she did have a developing place in the story. I read in an interview IGN had with with Kripke (Several years back), that he initially wanted her to be introduced in small doses in order to not piss off fans. And even admitted that they may have pushed the character a bit too much in terms of being too antagonistic to justify why the brothers would continue to accept help from her. But in the end it was fan response which was negative due to the fact that both her character (and Jo) interferred with the "brotherly bond" in the show which ultimately led to both characters being killed off. Which to me was just the fans of Winchester Yaoi causing a ruckus. In the end neither she nor Jo were there long enough to see their arcs properly developed. I dont know how many liked the character as opposed to disliked. But it was at least large enough for Kripke himself to admit that it played a role in the decision. the article i read had very specific reasons for her removal. I can't seem to find it. But here is another artlicle mentioning it.

http://www.buddytv.c...ings-18107.aspx

And don't get it wrong. The lack of romantic interests isn't really a weakness on this show. But I do believe that it could be well served if these boys at some point had some none penis relationships. Lol! So long as they're well done characters of course. Though I'm sure you, would disagree.

A lot of who Bela's character was is basically who Crowley's character is now and nobody gives a shit specifically because he has a penis.

• Tokoya likes this

2mGKRJi.png
    ▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users