Photo

[TV] Once Upon A Time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

Discussion for the show, Once Upon A Time can now happen here. Also please be courteous to other users when it comes to a new show release. Spoilers should be up for at least 24 hours and at most 48 hours after a new episode releases.

Show is on break for now until fall.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#2 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,686 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

This is on Netflix. Convince me to watch it as I try to sleep?

#3 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

This is on Netflix. Convince me to watch it as I try to sleep?

:D Well if you are into fantasy and drama then there is nothing better in TV ^^ (ok there is GoT maybe). But the best point about it are definitively it's characters, especialyl the villains, that are very well written and performed.

I must admit that in the 2nd half of the 2nd season the series hits kind of a slump, but with the beginning of Season 3 it got totally back on track and it's awesome as never!

The characters in OUAT aren't just white/dark, no. They are very very deep gray and especially the villains show that "Evil isn't born, evil is made" is quite true. They have pretty tragic pasts and their motives become very realistic this way and you can even feel with them (which is also due to their very good acting).

I can say already now that you etiher will love Regina or Rumpelstilskin or both^^ because these two of the main cast are extraordinary well performed and deep characters.

The show also isn't shy to do something different with the many fairy tales out there, from time to time, in very interesting ways, but I don't want to spoil these moments :)

Also if you are someone who likes to ship characters, you will at least find one ship you want to sail^^ If not it also isn't to disturbing, though it is of course heavy also on the romance part, inevitable, since after all the "true loves' kiss" is a very prominent "theme" in fairy tales.

Oh and you will also find some characters in these stories form not "classic" fairy tales^^ Some may even surprise you to see ;)

I hope that all convinces you to watch it :D

Spoiler

#4 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,686 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

Finished first season and a bit of the second. Can't say I'm too much of a fan of anyone other than Rumple. Not sure if I'll continue watching, but it was an okay ride while it lasted.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

Ok^^ Well for me the third season is the best so far after all :D But Rumple is just awesome in every season and he steals every scene :D ^^

Spoiler

#6 Remy M.

Remy M.

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

I thought the third season was like two different seasons.  I don't know if this was a good or bad thing.  I much preferred the second half of the season to the first.  Especially the last two episodes.  Can't wait for the next season in October to start.  Who are your favorite pairings?

#7 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

I thought the third season was like two different seasons.  I don't know if this was a good or bad thing.  I much preferred the second half of the season to the first.  Especially the last two episodes.  Can't wait for the next season in October to start.  Who are your favorite pairings?

Rumbelle  :aww:  And RobinxRegina is also quite nice I must admit^^

And I must say I prefered the first half of season 3, because I liked the change of place and Pan was a real cool villain and his connection with Rumpelle was interesting and surprising too^^

Spoiler

#8 Remy M.

Remy M.

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Peter Pan was ok, but I feel like..they put a lot into screwing up this family.  Everyone is related to everyone else.  It is creepy, creates intrigue, but creepy nonetheless.  I like the ReginaRobin pairing as well, and I am upset with the wrench that was thrown in to their relationship.  Why can't the Charming women ever not do something to screw over Regina?  Not to mention the mothers of Snow and Regina as well.  I just want Regina to have her happy ending.  I am also partial to Emma and Hook.  Their relationship should be interesting to see in the next season.  Especially with all that has happened.  And maybe he will finally ditch the pirate garb, as sexy as it is.

#9 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

i have to laugh. Regina was going to kill Robin wife. lol

Also wasn't robin and his wife was having relationship troubles in the first place?

Edited by waleuska, 11 June 2014 - 05:17 PM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#10 Remy M.

Remy M.

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't know.  It seemed like it when he was talking to Regina earlier, but I am not positive.  I do want to see if they get back together though, Regina and Robin.  They are supposed to be true loves.  

#11 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

So I watched the first episode of season 4. Your thoughts everyone?^^

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

ugh about time. This was the best episode of the season by far.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#13 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

Haven't watched the episode yet ^^ but since it's only the 4th of 24 I think it's a bit far fetched to say it's the best of the season xD (or if you meant so far. Then I'm sorry and I will comment on it once I have seen it ^^)

Though last week's episode was pretty good while the 2nd episode was really kind of boring.

Spoiler

#14 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

So opinions on the fourth season?

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#15 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

So opinions on the fourth season?

Ok so after the mid-season finale I can make a comment on this.

I must admit, I'm quite disappointed in the fourth season :/ And it has several reasons why.

First off the 3rd season set the bar pretty high again, with two very well written, developed and played villains. That both worked really good and the stories had some nice twists to them. Also every main character got his fair share of development and spotlight.

And now season 4 comes aroud and totally screws over Rumple... -.- why? why this character regression? Without any hint or foreshadowing happening before, he goes fullblown villain mode again. I mean yeah I enjoy villain Rumple and his manipulative mastermind, but in the end it's a character regression and I thought better of OUAT to do not something like that. And now with the newest episode they really screwed him over. (Also never before this season was this "plan" of rumple to strip himself of the dagger and especially his "world domination"-plans ever hinted at...)

And now to the first villain. She was pretty weak, character wise. Her motivation really didn't click for me at all and the conclusion to her arc was also pretty weak. She really had great potential, especially since they gave her a backstory with Rumple, but in the end that Backstory was 2 short confrontation, of max. 5 minutes each and yet they talked to one another like they were best buddies/greatest rivals back in the days and seen each other regurlarly.... So that was pretty badly resolved. Overall she was a weak villain, that just is in no way on par with Peter Pan or the Wicked Witch. That was quite a disappointment.

Oh yeah also this season pushed the cliche family drama really to it's limits for me :/ in previous season it was much more subtly and better dosed and not so much IN YOUR FACE!...

Though I have to say they did Regina quite well in this seasonb, but she is pretty much the only exception. But in the end she got screwed over too, by getting her happy ending denied yet again :D

And now let's come to the next villains that were showed. Maleficient, totally fine she could have used more exposition i nthe first season anyway, Ursula, alright, we will see where that character will go, I'm definitively intrigued and... Cruela Deville (spell?)? Lol, serious? Making Cruela a witch and being her an apprentice of Rumple?... Wouldn'T two have been enough? Or one better than Cruela? Also 3 (or better 4 if you count Rumple), villains could be a huge problem. As the saying goes: Too many cooks spoil the broth. I have really my doubts that this 2nd half will be much better than the first, if at all. I mean the Snow Queen as lonely villain already was kind of underdeveloped, how do they want to develop 3 villains at the same time?...

Well that are my thoughts. What are yours?

Spoiler

#16 Sunny Phoenix

Sunny Phoenix

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

the 4th season was actually good...

the wicked witch arc was so disappointing and boring....

the new arc... well i dont know how i feel about that tbh.... i dont like that rumble turned into a villain again, it felt so sudden and a bad choice imo... the actresses who play the new villains are good but personally i dont find ursula fitting.... i am afraid the writers  will screw these characters this season...

i don't remember an excellent single episode since the Miller's Daughter tbh...

well OUAT is another example of a series that's promising and starts good but after a while things start to go downhill... its still enjoyable but i dont take it seriously anymore...

oh and i forgot!!why in hell in a  series with princesses they hire all these uglies to portray them!! ( i am looking at u snow white, sleeping beauty, Marion, belle etc etc)  Seriously red riding was the only hot one and she wasnt even supposed to be one ahaha... At least 4th season did things right with Anna and Elsa being pretty... even the Milf snow queen was good, her sisters though... wtf they were supposed to be young woman in the ball and they looked like their period ended...

Edited by Sunny Phoenix, 16 December 2014 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

the 4th season was actually good...

the wicked witch arc was so disappointing and boring....

the new arc... well i dont know how i feel about that tbh.... i dont like that rumble turned into a villain again, it felt so sudden and a bad choice imo... the actresses who play the new villains are good but personally i dont find ursula fitting.... i am afraid the writers  will screw these characters this season...

i don't remember an excellent single episode since the Miller's Daughter tbh...

well OUAT is another example of a series that's promising and starts good but after a while things start to go downhill... its still enjoyable but i dont take it seriously anymore...

oh and i forgot!!why in hell in a  series with princesses they hire all these uglies to portray them!! ( i am looking at u snow white, sleeping beauty, Marion, belle etc etc)  Seriously red riding was the only hot one and she wasnt even supposed to be one ahaha... At least 4th season did things right with Anna and Elsa being pretty... even the Milf snow queen was good, her sisters though... wtf they were supposed to be young woman in the ball and they looked like their period ended...

Eh, not really. The Wicked Witch arc was pretty good and interesting and she was a way better villain than the Snow Queen, but well it's of course a subjective matter.

As far as excellent single episodes go there was plenty of them in the 3rd season (at least imho). For example the midseason finale "Going Home".

what? Belle is super hot^^ and Aurora wasn't ugly at all too (though not really my kind of woman), though I agree Snow white is pretty ugly, especially now after she got fat and with this short haircut ugh >.<

Spoiler

#18 Sunny Phoenix

Sunny Phoenix

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

sorry i didn't liked her at all as a villain... she was just a sociopath when they could portray her so much better.... on the other hand Ingrid was just misunderstood and she only acted like a villain because of ignorance and fear.... all she wanted was her sisters love and i found that very sweet....

Belle hot?? well. cant argue here if u like her then u do, but she is as fat as snow white atm (maybe a little less, but still) ....  i prefer the Red riding hoof type of woman....

The peter pan arc was good...

So if rumble turned evil once again there is nothings stopping them to turn Regina evil again in the future.... not here for recycling material...

i hope we will see more of young Kora... old Kora was meh but young Kora was great... Rose McGowan did a great job portraying her....

Edited by Sunny Phoenix, 16 December 2014 - 11:31 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

I thought season 4 was alright

I technically need to finish season 3 also so I can't judge completely on Rumple going evil again. I do get him wanting to cleave himself from the dagger. Though him going full on evil ready to screw the town over and world domination seems a bit out of left field. Did he ever have any interest in world conquest at any point. 

Snow Queen was an alright villain, but previous villains were better. Though considering her goals she really only qualifies as evil for unleashing shattered sight on the town and freezing an entire kingdom over. 

Regina and her quest for a happy ending has been interesting. I am interested in seeing where this goes.  

Edited by Darthwin, 17 December 2014 - 01:04 PM.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#20 Remy M.

Remy M.

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

Why are you calling her ugly...she just had a baby...that is baby weight, which she will lose over time. People /smh